McKnight is just taking up a Roster Spot. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKnight is just taking up a Roster Spot.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Pfft. Now were scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Nah it couldn't have been cause of Lucas. Or McMicheal hitting the rookie wall or Chris Carter being rushed in. Or the fact that Ward sucked a big fat one. Nope all McKnights fault.

Amazing how much everyone wanted Konrad back and that Konrad isn't overpaid. Gee didn't he drop a few balls and fumble twice also?

It's called scapegoat people.

Konrad only counts about $700K vs this year's cap.
McKnight - $1.9M

That's my biggest issue w/ McKnight. The problem isn't that he's not perfect, it's that he's paid too much. And the drop off to OG (if any) or another June 1 guy is acceptable given the big cap savings.

Originally posted by Dude

Konrad only counts about $700K vs this year's cap.
McKnight - $1.9M

That's my biggest issue w/ McKnight. The problem isn't that he's not perfect, it's that he's paid too much. And the drop off to OG (if any) or another June 1 guy is acceptable given the big cap savings.

That number is still jack squat though. Look around the league and see what everyone else pays their #1 and #2 throughout the league. Miami's offense is one of the lowest paid around.

Man wait till Chambers is up for free agency. You think $1.9 million is bad? That will be the first year on Chambers next contract.

The problem with Konrad is easily solved. Just don't give him the ball. He is, in my opinion, an outstanding lead blocker for Ricky. That's the fullback's main job and he is one of the best in the league at this. But he does have suspect hands, so this is what I think. When we have three more-than-adequate receivers out of the backfield (Ricky, Travis Minor, and Robert Edwards) I just don't see why Konrad should even be thrown the ball, particularly with a tight end as strong as Randy McMichael.

Originally posted by DolphinzD
The problem with Konrad is easily solved. Just don't give him the ball. He is, in my opinion, an outstanding lead blocker for Ricky. That's the fullback's main job and he is one of the best in the league at this. But he does have suspect hands, so this is what I think. When we have three more-than-adequate receivers out of the backfield (Ricky, Travis Minor, and Robert Edwards) I just don't see why Konrad should even be thrown the ball, particularly with a tight end as strong as Randy McMichael.

Options really. If the team thinks you aren't going to throw to konrad at all then they focus all their attention on to McMicheal. Also prevents a little cheating by the LB's.

Well, seeing as our WRs haven't really produced much they should be the lowest paid in the league..

If they put up star numbers it might be different..

Who is this Newsome guy people talking about? Did we sign him? I thought we only had a Kendall Newson.

Oh well, this from the guy who thinks Baker would be a #3 for us. As has been stated a million times Matthew Hatchette is tearing it up over there and has never done anything in the NFL.

The difference in talent between the NFL and NFLEL is so vast it's not even worth talking about.

Outstanding lead blocker with suspect hands????
Did I miss something?? When did Konrad turn into Deon Dyer?

Originally posted by inFINSible

Outstanding lead blocker with suspect hands????
Did I miss something?? When did Konrad turn into Deon Dyer?

Well, that is just my opinion.....which part of it don't you agree with, the blocking part or the hands part? (Or both?)

You got it backwards. Konrad is a decent blocker, but he's good catching the ball out of the backfield, and has very good hands.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I guess I was just basing it on the few games I see (since I live in Minnesota), and I only see highlights of a lot of them. On SportsCenter, NFL Primetime, etc., they often isolate Konrad to show him making good blocks. I guess it's just time for me to get NFL Sunday Ticket.

Well, that is just my opinion.....which part of it don't you agree with, the blocking part or the hands part? (Or both?)

Konrad is more KNOWN for his hands than his blocking, like DrLove said.....You probably saw him so much as a lead blocker because the actual highlight was a Ricky Williams run...just a guess.......He actually has improved his blocking quite a bit but, when you lead block for RW, it probably makes you look real good, know what I mean? Most people think that Dyer is the picture that you described, although some think he misses as many blocks as he makes.:D

and, YES....Sunday ticket is a must unless you can subscribe to local channels from Key West or Naples/FtMyers area.....they are not subject to blackout and they ALWAYS show the Fins games.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom