Mcknight Vs Thompson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mcknight Vs Thompson

dolfan34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I would pick thompson over mcknight because i have seen a few of his games and he has great ability, but im not taking anything away from jmec but i would rather see thompson on the other side of the field across from chambers because i believe he can make things happen when it counts.

But didn't Mcknight make things happen last year when he got his chance, don't get me wrong, I'm a D.T. believer, I saw him last year and he's good, I like Mcknights speed, I like Thompson's hands, but I think McKnight is more of a play maker.

Just imagine those two along with with Chris, Randy and Ricky on the field at the same time..Jesus, I really feel sorry for the rest of the league this year..

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
Just imagine those two along with with Chris, Randy and Ricky on the field at the same time..Jesus, I really feel sorry for the rest of the league this year..
I'd feel sorry for the league if you and I were out there w/Ricky ;) :lol:

I have not seen Thompson enough to answer, ideally he w/b my choice since it would require the D to put their biggest CB on him and allow CC to get a possibly smaller CB to jump over

You and I would bring the Phins Back to the promise land..It would be back to back to back..I'll get 2189 yds rushing and 38 TD's and you would rack up 1907 yards receiving and 39 TD's...

Originally posted by dolfan34
I would pick thompson over mcknight because i have seen a few of his games and he has great ability, but im not taking anything away from jmec but i would rather see thompson on the other side of the field across from chambers because i believe he can make things happen when it counts.

I'll go with whoever wins in training camp.

Boy aren't I a risk taker :lol:

McKnight over Thompson until Thompson proves otherwise.. McKnight has been the victim of Jay's inability to throw deep accurately.. I could count on both hands how many times Fiedler missed McKnight on deep passes where J-Mac had a 2-3 yard lead on his defender.. I like the combo of Chambers and J-Mac.. Both can go deep and both can play the possession receiver role.. Both can also break a long one on a short route.. Thompson would have to be amazing in TC to take the starting job over McKnight..

HURRAH:drinker:

Most likely it will alternate. When facing a team with fast small CBs Thompson will go as the #2 while with slower strong CBs we will put McKnight.

Most of the time I expect McKnight, but with Buffalo I see Thompson. He has a very good size advantage on Winfield and they will not take Clements off Chambers. McKnight would be going against arggg I forgot the name of their nickel they drafted last year the one that was good in college. McKngiht can burn him.(Jill fans unite Jaj has written something positive about the Dolphins and negative about the Jills, come talk smack and don't get punsihed for it crying that you did not do anything). The one disadvantage is that McKnight would be playing the slot, a place where he is more prone to fumble. Taylor would not do that well as it would be a good matchup with two physically limited guys going at it in the slot. So it is a tricky business for Wannstedt to choose. With that the Ruddy vs. McKinney(who by the way was a ready product at C even just coming out of college, Knight vs. Freeman, Nails vs. evaluating his health, and the order of Buckley, Lowe, Fletcher, and the fast undrafted guy we signed.

I think - may the best man win, in training camp. However, it needs to be a spot open for competition.

I like McKnight - I like his work ethic, his team ethic (he did not stir up trouble last year when he didn't suit up for a couple of games even though it was crushing his pride), and I think he played much better last year.

However, I all things being equal I like Thompson as a starter. His size/speed combo is good - he should be a better blocker (that is a very underrated but highly important part of the game). He is also the kind of player who can get the tough catches over the middle. He can go higher than McKnight. The concept of "possession WR" is often looked at as a negative or less meaningful type of WR than the guy who can go deep, but when you think of Belitnikoff, Largent, Irvin, Chrebet, etc., all those guys are "possession" types and were hugely important. Thompson can still go deep (better than OG, who was surprising in his ability to go deep). You also don't just want two WR's who are identical - but two guys who offer contrasting strengths at the WR spot - Thompson's strengths compliment Chambers better than McKnight's do.

So, I'd like to see Thompson win out b/c of his versatility and matchups and his ability to compliment Chambers. But, again, may the best man win.

I don't know enough about Thompson either to make a sound judgement on him but Mcknight is good for short passes, esp. in the red zone.:fire:

All I can remember is that McKnight dropped a few passes in critical times which we needed the first down throughout the past two seasons. Lets go with Thompson!!

THOMPSON, looks like the favorite coming into preseason....

but we need to see how these guys click on the field...

I love McKnight for that play down in Miami 2 years ago against the Jets when he bobbled the ball right into Aaron Glenn's hands for a TD return. So I guess what I'm saying is that I hope he wins out...

It should be Chambers vs. McKnight vs. Thompson vs. Gadsden for the top 2 spots.. I'm still baffled at why Chambers is being given the #1 WR position.. What if Mcknight and Thompson outplay Chambers in Training Camp?? McKnight did outplay Chambers last year.. I dont like to see players get the red carpet just because of all the hype given to him when he was drafted.. The Chambers and Mcknight situation remind me alot of Cinderella and the step sisters.. Chambers being the spoiled step sister and McKnight being Cinderella.. Personally, thats how I feel and I might be the only one in this forum who is a Dolphin fan that thinks so.. I just havent seen enough from Chambers to automatically hand him a starting spot.. He should have to earn it like Freeman, Greenwood, Fletcher and Randy McMike have to...

Back
Top Bottom