Mcknight Vs Thompson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mcknight Vs Thompson

The McKnight speed factor alongside Chambers is a good point ... but, Thompson is NO OG! He has very good speed and can go deep, though he's not as quick as McKnight.

I'm just happy we're talking about these guys as decent threats.

Originally posted by Da 'Fins
The McKnight speed factor alongside Chambers is a good point ... but, Thompson is NO OG! He has very good speed and can go deep, though he's not as quick as McKnight.

I'm just happy we're talking about these guys as decent threats.

Your right, DT is actually just as good or better than OG..I saw so much of DT last year with the skins, and you know Spurier, they threw a lot..DT had his share of amazing catches like OG, also went long and use his speed and body to catch the deep ball like OG, plus he got better separation..I think you guys only know OG because you haven't seen DT...So when you say he's no OG, I'm not sure you have enough info on him to make that assessment. OG hands got him into our lineup, because we really haven't had decent receivers in a long time. On most teams, OG would have been a 3rd or 4th WR. He's a good possession receiver, but shouldn't have been our #2. He doesn't scare any d..and allows the safeties to play up too much, doesn't take away double teams from CC..His lack of speed, hurts us in settle ways, but allows a D to be just effective enough to cheap.

It is no secret what so ever that i DONT LIKE McDrop. But i will back him because he is a Dolphin. People keep saying he is a play maker... when?! Last year when there was NO other WR to throw to? Chambers was messed up from the hit in Denver, Gadsden was out and Carter was just to darn old. Great im glad McKnight did something.. he is a fast guy and if he learned out to use those hands of his.. he would be pretty good. I just cant trust his hands. Thompson on the other hand is fast and has great hands. I watched him with the Redskins and he was very consistent. Ive watched tapes of mini-camps and without pads he has look amazing. I guess i will know for sure in training camp.. but so far.. im loving Thompson.

Originally posted by MissMeth
It is no secret what so ever that i DONT LIKE McDrop. But i will back him because he is a Dolphin. People keep saying he is a play maker... when?! Last year when there was NO other WR to throw to? Chambers was messed up from the hit in Denver, Gadsden was out and Carter was just to darn old. Great im glad McKnight did something.. he is a fast guy and if he learned out to use those hands of his.. he would be pretty good. I just cant trust his hands. Thompson on the other hand is fast and has great hands. I watched him with the Redskins and he was very consistent. Ive watched tapes of mini-camps and without pads he has look amazing. I guess i will know for sure in training camp.. but so far.. im loving Thompson.

I guess by now you know I'm a backer of McKnight, McDroppies was 2 years ago, and he only dropped a hand full then, it was he perpensity to fumble which got me that year. But last year he made it up to me, even when Chambers came back, it was McKnight who ignited this team from the WR spot, and with him and CC in, Ricky's running went even wilder, Safties couldn't play up and Ricky was benefiting and gainning almost 180 yards a game. This is why I like McKnight..I'm also a DT lover, living here in MD, I watched a lot of him too..and he's defintely going to help us..He's just not as fast as McKnight, and McKnight can make things (positive things) happen on his own. DT may display that this year..he defintely has great hands and pretty decent speed.

just want some new blood to shine.. and not have to count on mcknight too much... he just seems to let us down in big situations..

SHULA IS GOD<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
What if Mcknight and Thompson outplay Chambers in Training Camp??

:eek:

MCNUGGET????? DO WHAT????

JUST DON'T SEE THAT....

IF MCNUGGET TURNS INTO THE BEST WR IN THE LEAGUE I WOULD

LOVE IT... HE WAS A GREAT STORY COMING OUT OF SEATTLE

ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO...

JUST WANT EVERYONE TO STAY HEALTHY AND PLAY THEIR BEST...

AND US TO GO UNDEFEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THAT'S ALL!!1. :eat: :evil: :confused:

Tolver?

Three pages of threads and nobody has brought up JR Tolver in this mix. He's doing great thing sin camp guys.:confused:

I've brought up Tolver in MANY threads already.. i just didnt want to repeat myself. ALL I WILL SAY IS TOLVER LOOKS GREAT AND WE CAN EXPEXT HUGE THINGS FROM HIM IN THE FUTURE. I believe he will be our WR of the future.

JR TOLVER.........

:cool: HOPEFULLY HE IS THE MAN.... THE YOUNGER AND MORE TALENTED THIS TEAM IS THE BETTER... MAKES FOR BETTER TEAM DOWN THE ROAD AND LOWER SALARY CAP...:eat: :evil:

He is worth talking about but your right we still need to see with pads on. But the guy is amazing so far.. ive seen him in person myself. And ive watched him in college and he was DAMN good then too! Dont underestimate this kid.

TOLVER ..... THE WR ROOKIE

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Until Tolver puts on pads and goes against Mad/Surt he hasn't shown anything to anyone. He isn't worth talking about until then.
:eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat:

WHAT DO YOU THINK THE OFF SEASON IS ALL ABOUT?

DETRIOT IS EVEN UNDEFEATED THIS YEAR SO FAR...

NO ONE HAS THE ANSWERS UNTIL ABOUT DECEMBER...

BUT WE'LL BE PLAYIN' IN LATE JANUARY...

:eek: :cool: :eek: :cool: :eek: :cool: :eek: :cool:

Originally posted by MissMeth
He is worth talking about but your right we still need to see with pads on. But the guy is amazing so far.. ive seen him in person myself. And ive watched him in college and he was DAMN good then too! Dont underestimate this kid.

The list of amazing kids coming out of college who never caught more than 2-3 balls in the pro's is bigger than the ones who panned out. Robert Baker always looks great in preseason, but he hasn't exactly been key once the season starts.

Back
Top Bottom