Mcknight Vs Thompson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mcknight Vs Thompson

If we put McKnight in as a starter we will have two really fast guys at WR. If we put in Thompson we will have a possession guy and a big play guy opposite him in Chambers. I like both options, but Thompson will probably win the job.

mcknight has a way of failing during

big games... fumbling ,bumbling and

stumbling.... the thing that sucks is that

he is probably the most talented of the

bunch...... and see even jets fans want

him on the field..........

Originally posted by DREADED-ONE
mcknight has a way of failing during

big games... fumbling ,bumbling and

stumbling.... the thing that sucks is that

he is probably the most talented of the

bunch...... and see even jets fans want

him on the field..........

That was 2 seasons ago, the guy did great last year. Now last CC didn't do as well as he did in 2001, how come you're not talking about him..As you said McKnight is the best playmaker we have out of all the WR's, we need him on the field.

chambers seemingly never recovered from his

concussion.... he needs to get back to his previous

form... c.c. is our #1... mcknight will get his chance this

year, his contract $$$$ are pretty big.. gone if this season

doesn't work out....

I say line McKnight up across from Chambers. With two quick WRs on the sides, that'll pull the safeties back, leaving one-on-one mismatches for Ricky, Konrad, Thompson as a slot, and McMichael. Thats exactly what the Rams did with Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt. They kept sending them deep, drawing the safeties back, then destroyed them with Faulk, their TE, and Ricky Proehl. It also helped Marshall find better running lanes. I could see a similar philosophy here if Chambers and McKnight can start winning their one-on-one battles with corners......

Originally posted by Bazinet37
I say line McKnight up across from Chambers. With two quick WRs on the sides, that'll pull the safeties back, leaving one-on-one mismatches for Ricky, Konrad, Thompson as a slot, and McMichael. Thats exactly what the Rams did with Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt. They kept sending them deep, drawing the safeties back, then destroyed them with Faulk, their TE, and Ricky Proehl. It also helped Marshall find better running lanes. I could see a similar philosophy here if Chambers and McKnight can start winning their one-on-one battles with corners......

Finally, someone who sees the possibilities with that kind of speed on both sides....Ricky will have a field day if Safties can't play up, Randy's seam routes will be more open. Konrad can beat one on ones with LB's and have room..This is originally why I said keep Baker or Newson instead of resign OG, just in case CC or Mcknight go down..you would still have respect type speed, and in this game speed kills. And open up other possibilities.:D

SPEED IS GREAT, but you have to catch the ball too..

if we don't really scare the db's, we end up with ricky vs.

eight in the box... i am not negative... i would like to see thompson

become the star over mcknight younger and cheaper .

That was the mistake of having O.G as the 2nd WR. He didn't scare anybody. Teams could put their nickel on him and not be afraid.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

the thing that og brings is that he is good in the red

zone.. he is like a tight end in the slot.. with he and

randy mac we get 2 big guys on the field... og also

misses some easy passes, then gets a circus catch to

make up for it... play calling will be very important this

year to take advantage of personnel...

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

zone.. he is like a tight end in the slot.. with he and

randy mac we get 2 big guys on the field... og also

misses some easy passes, then gets a circus catch to

make up for it... play calling will be very important this

year to take advantage of personnel...

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Which McKnight did well last year, forget 2 years ago..He was pretty good last year, go back and look at the games he was in. D. Thompson is just as good in the Redzone, has the same height and hands, you guys will see that in PS if he still on the form he had last year. I just think CC and McKnight gives us quick strike capability from any where on the field, and will make DB's play back to respect their speed, which has been stated gives every one else room to manuever.

Last edited by a moderator:

zone.. he is like a tight end in the slot..

You mean that great 3 TD's in 2 years from the #1 and #2 WR slot? McKnight has 5 playing in the 2nd/4th and inactive spots. 2 of which were 40+ yards. Even Thompson had 4 TD's playing last year.

While not a big O.G. fan as far as speed, this guy has the best hands on the recieving squad.

Send him over the middle and he will catch practically anything you throw at him!

Show me someone else with better hands since McDuffie.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
But didn't Mcknight make things happen last year when he got his chance, don't get me wrong, I'm a D.T. believer, I saw him last year and he's good, I like Mcknights speed, I like Thompson's hands, but I think McKnight is more of a play maker.

Match DTs stats as a secondary receiver in Washington to McKnight's... IMO, Thompson is a much better receiver...

Originally posted by T-ROCK

Match DTs stats as a secondary receiver in Washington to McKnight's... IMO, Thompson is a much better receiver...

DT basically started all year for the skins, I live here, I saw him a lot, Mcknight only really played the second half of the year. Both were secondary receivers, Mcknight was more a playmaker than DT..DT is like a faster OG, very good hands, good height and uses his body well, but James just flat out made plays last year without the drops of 2 years ago. Go back and look at our last game in NE..Mcknight caught some great balls. If we use CC and McKnight like the Bills use Moulds and Price, about the same size receivers, look at what Henry's was able to do, because DB's couldn't play up...You miss a tackle at the line with Henry, he had another 6 yards before the DB's got there, this was because of the respect for Moulds and Price's speed. Put Ricky in the same position with CC and Mcknight, imagine the additional yards, now add McMicheals and Konrad out of the back field, this O can avg more than the 27 points they did last year before Jay got hurt. If the OL can hold and Jay gets it out there, CC and McKnight were constantly getting behind the DB's last year. DB's in our division will respect McKnight, I qurantee you, they remember last year.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE NEW GUYS ON THE FIELD ...

WE NEED SOME CHANGES.... JOBS SHOULD BE

WON ON THE FIELD.......................GO FINZ

Back
Top Bottom