McLaurin: Young could be better than Bosa brothers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McLaurin: Young could be better than Bosa brothers

ANUFan

Club Member
Reaction score
"I've seen them all," McLaurin told the Redskins radio broadcast team last week on radio row, per the team's official website. "In college, I felt like Chase was the most productive of the three, and he has a chance to possibly be the best. That doesn't take anything away from [Joey and Nick]. That just tells you how good he can be."

It's no surprise Voice of the Redskins Larry Michael and staffer Kyle Stackpole would ask McLaurin about Young. It's widely expected that if Washington keeps the No. 2 overall pick, it will be the OSU product.

:chuckle::chuckle:

I needed a good chuckle...This bodes well for the Dolphins-TUA if Washington believes this as well.

This should be posted in the Tua thread because that's immediately what comes to mind when I read it :lol:

He is very physically gifted, and could be setting the bar so high he will be seen as a failure or bust if he is just "good" not trans-formative. I will say having a Dad who played in the NFL the Bosa boys do have an advantage on just knowledge and education with the pro game. I think they both were so well schooled in not only technique and the game but also how to take care of their bodies and prep for the physical life. The dad could have been a star in Miami if he hadn't blown out both knees, certainly came into the game with a flash. And that is something I dont think you can make up for with just talent alone. Thats why I like Winfield Jr so much.

He is very physically gifted, and could be setting the bar so high he will be seen as a failure or bust if he is just "good" not trans-formative. I will say having a Dad who played in the NFL the Bosa boys do have an advantage on just knowledge and education with the pro game. I think they both were so well schooled in not only technique and the game but also how to take care of their bodies and prep for the physical life. The dad could have been a star in Miami if he hadn't blown out both knees, certainly came into the game with a flash. And that is something I dont think you can make up for with just talent alone. Thats why I like Winfield Jr so much.

It's not only that but their High Motor is some elite stuff. Similiar to the Watt brothers (Especially TJ)
They rarely quit or take plays off. It doesn't matter if they're doubled, tripled teamed, they're going to go and go and go.

That's the glearing and alarming thing i've seen in Young's game that scares the hell out of me.
If he's doubled he has a tendency to "take it easy"
If he rushes is too far upfield then he has a tendency to say "oh well"
If the play is away from him he has a tendency to just "watch"

Those are glearing red flags to me...That's not the kid of guy i'm drafting Top 5.

I will say having a Dad who played in the NFL the Bosa boys do have an advantage on just knowledge and education with the pro game. I think they both were so well schooled in not only technique and the game but also how to take care of their bodies and prep for the physical life.

Don't forget that Chase played and practiced with Nick for parts of 2 seasons. Don't believe for a minute that he didn't pick up and learn things from him.

It's funny to me how much Chase is dismissed on this site. But other knowledgeable people around the country see the same potential in Chase as McLauren. Who is not close to the first the suggest that he's better.

As I've pointed out before. Chase was racking up sack and dominating when teams tried to play straight up and not alter their usually game plan. Even Wisconsin when Chase racked up 4 sacks. Every team that faced the Buckeyes since that time spent the week game planning to make sure Chase didn't wreck their offense. So he didn't get any sacks. Only a few pressures against double teams, chips, and teams getting the ball out quickly. They ran option at him. Did things to try to keep him from getting up field so quickly.

And it opened things up for others. Go look at the sack Baron Browning had against Clemson. One of the lineman hesitated coming off the double team of Chase Young which opened the lane for Browning. That's just one example.

When Chase gets to the NFL, they'll single him up. Just like the did to Nick Bosa. After it became apparent that wasn't going to work against Nick, guys like Armstead started getting freed up. Eventually teams are going to have tohelp on Chase. That's when the full effect happens. Teams having to spend their week adjust their blocking schemes to help on a player than can't be blocked head up.

IDK for sure that Chase will blow up right away. It might take a bit of time to adjust. But he's just too big, athletic, fast and skilled. Eventually tackles won't be able to block him head up. He's also a hard worker and good kid. He'll pick up new techniques.

Not saying he’ll be a better pro but there is no question Chase Young was better in college.

Yes he was. More dominant pass rusher.

But Joey was better than Nick and Chase in run support.

What a complete non-story. ‘Guy who used to play with another guy says he has a chance to be good when asked by media’. Well **** me sideways.

I'll be interested in Chase Young's test scores in the vital categories. They will point toward his NFL results more than any of us arguing the subjective aspects.

Chase Young will be a good player. The NFL isn't going to nullify him any more than it will nullify Jake Fromm. I'm not thrilled with either of them given the projected range but I'm also not going to ignore that they were highly rated players entering college at major programs and quickly produced at high level. That basic stuff translates.

The nonsense is how they are viewed in comparison to potentially franchise altering quarterbacks. Far too tight. They shouldn't even be in the conversation. San Francisco probably wins that game last Sunday if it stops the 3rd and 15 play. What did it ask Bosa to do on that play? He ran a stunt inside. In other words, the 49ers didn't even trust their prized rookie in his most traditional and effective role when the Super Bowl was on the line. Stunts are very rarely used in that type of down and distance. Yet Boss looped inside, got a bit of penetration, then was detoured further inside and did not bother Mahomes. I was amazed that tactic received so little attention. Armstead looped outside and simply wasn't quick or explosive enough to finish.

The Chiefs weren't going to do anything stupid with Mahomes on that play. They weren't going to shotgun snap to a running back. I thought it was incredibly symbolic toward how quarterbacks always have influence while the chess piece types are incredibly overrated. Bosa on that play was no different than non-existent Chase Young on all the Clemson plays during that late 90 (or whatever) yard winning drive by Trevor Lawrence.

Not saying he’ll be a better pro but there is no question Chase Young was better in college.

I guess if you are just going off stat line production. But I watched nick bosa as a sophomore be the best player prospect during the bowl season period in college football. And it wasn’t very close.

one problem nick doesn’t have is flattening to the qb so when he gains the shoulder he’s gonna finish on the qb.

Back
Top Bottom