McMike is a Stand Up Guy... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMike is a Stand Up Guy...

Bryan Cox said it best on the radio. Players that want to holdout should take his advice. He said that any player that wants to holdout should tell the team that they will be coming to everything this offseason and play this year. However if a contract cannot be worked out throughout the offseason or into the year, he will be holding out next offseason. I think that is fair. The player lets it known where he stands and gives the team time to sign him while not hurting the team in any way by holding out. Plus, the player keeps the leverage by putting the ultimatum out there for next year.

A stand up guy? A pregnant wife beater!

I appreciate that he is not holding out - but he is FAR from a stand up guy. Lest we forget that he was arrested for coming home drunk in the middle of the night - throwing up in his bathroom and dealing with his enraged pregnant wife being violent with him to the extent that he had to call the police. He got himself arrested. McMichael is nothing until he proves himself otherwise. The jury is still out on this guy. I think he has great potential but he does need to grow up quite a bit in my opinion.

CrunchTime said:
His birthday is coming up.With that wife of his I hope he doesnt go out to celebrate with his buddies again and not tell his wife.

:roflmao:

Fins 34 said:
''What, a holdout?'' McMichael asked. ``Why would I want to hold out? What does that prove? What is that going to prove to anybody, by holding out? I love playing this game. I don't want to be away from it. That's not even in the back of my mind at all.''

This is the kind of attitude we need in the locker room. This team is pulling together. Between McMike and Zach mirroring his off-season conditioning after Junior, things are looking up. :)
http://bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html

Yeah, well you are right, but let's see what really happens...remember, he hasn't talked to Punk Drew yet about a renegotiation...I believe Ogun said similar types of things several years ago too...

raving said:
I appreciate that he is not holding out - but he is FAR from a stand up guy. Lest we forget that he was arrested for coming home drunk in the middle of the night - throwing up in his bathroom and dealing with his enraged pregnant wife being violent with him to the extent that he had to call the police. He got himself arrested. McMichael is nothing until he proves himself otherwise. The jury is still out on this guy. I think he has great potential but he does need to grow up quite a bit in my opinion.

Charges were dropped and furthermore, SHE beat HIM up. He pushed her away to get her off of him. He then called the cops and told them exactly what happened. You are making more to that story than there actually was. He didn't beat his wife.

Samphin said:
Charges were dropped and furthermore, SHE beat HIM up. He pushed her away to get her off of him. He then called the cops and told them exactly what happened. You are making more to that story than there actually was. He didn't beat his wife.

No dude you are wrong - I am not making more to that story than there actually was. In fact in my opinion, or my whole point is the original poster of this thread is making too little of the FACT that McMike was arrested. Furthermore, like a complete A$$hole, it turns out he was arrested for being in a violent altercation with his PREGNANT, yes PREGNANT, wife.

Personally I do not care if she was violent with him first, to me that is further evidence of his unwillingness or inability to create safety in his home while his wife is PREGNANT!

Football fans lose perspective very easily. Just because this guy is a crowd pleaser does not make him a "stand up guy". What makes a person a "stand up guy" is being a good father to their unborn and born children! The rest is irrelevant. So as I said McMike still NEEDS to prove himself. And until he does he is has not.

In my opinion if he held out he would have RUINED his career. Saban ain't gonna gravel to this marginal character! He has plenty of chance to redeem himself, as we all do, and I hope that he does, for his sake and mine. Beyond that the jury is still out - dude!

raving said:
No dude you are wrong - I am not making more to that story than there actually was. In fact in my opinion, or my whole point is the original poster of this thread is making too little of the FACT that McMike was arrested. Furthermore, like a complete A$$hole, it turns out he was arrested for being in a violent altercation with his PREGNANT, yes PREGNANT, wife.

Personally I do not care if she was violent with him first, to me that is further evidence of his unwillingness or inability to create safety in his home while his wife is PREGNANT!

Football fans lose perspective very easily. Just because this guy is a crowd pleaser does not make him a "stand up guy". What makes a person a "stand up guy" is being a good father to their unborn and born children! The rest is irrelevant. So as I said McMike still NEEDS to prove himself. And until he does he is has not.

In my opinion if he held out he would have RUINED his career. Saban ain't gonna gravel to this marginal character! He has plenty of chance to redeem himself, as we all do, and I hope that he does, for his sake and mine. Beyond that the jury is still out - dude!

Hey Mrs. Mcmichael you should be happy he isnt going to hold out. For real though lets not judge this guy on one bad mistake. He is still young and we have all made mistakes. The original thread was talking about a football issue and nothing more.

My whole point is this guy ain't no stand up guy. He's a good player who has displayed at least one radically immature moment that got him all over the news. I think McMike is probably an OK guy, but as I said that is not been determined. Jason Taylor is a stand up guy, he busts his *** for charity and is known as a family man. Randy McMike is a guy who is one hold out away from being a bag boy at Winn Dixie! Saban is probably saying to himself, go ahead hold out, what do I care. He is indespensable or irreplaceable or so intricate to our team. He has a chance of being good or even great, and he is one hold out away from selling used cars out of trailor next to a guy named Quadro.

raving said:
My whole point is this guy ain't no stand up guy. He's a good player who has displayed at least one radically immature moment that got him all over the news. I think McMike is probably an OK guy, but as I said that is not been determined. Jason Taylor is a stand up guy, he busts his *** for charity and is known as a family man. Randy McMike is a guy who is one hold out away from being a bag boy at Winn Dixie! Saban is probably saying to himself, go ahead hold out, what do I care. He is indespensable or irreplaceable or so intricate to our team. He has a chance of being good or even great, and he is one hold out away from selling used cars out of trailor next to a guy named Quadro.

Sounds like you have issues beyond that of Randy's altercation last summer. The fact that you feel he is "one holdout away from being a bag boy" proves it. The guy has talent and a holdout isn't going to deter every team in the league from picking him up.

Furthermore, you can't blame him for his wife going nuts on him. The fact that you blame him for her beating him up further proves that you seem to have it in for Randy. How is it his fault for not making a safe environment for his family when she is the one wailing away on a guy who purposelyisolated himself from her? Remember that she was beating him up, not the other way around. She got arrested too. He is the one who called the cops to get her away from him and to get him out of there before he did something stupid. I blame her moreso than him. For a man who was obviously sh!tfaced, he showed remarkable restraint and level headedness. What is he supposed to do? Sit there and let his wife beat the crap out of him risking injury or worse? The lady was obvsiouly stark raving mad at the time and there is no telling what she would have done. All he did was get her off of him and then immediately called the cops to come and intervene before anything further happened.

Again, it sounds more like you have a vendetta against Randy moreso than anything. At first I thought you might just be someone who had the situation confused and thought he did more than he did, but now I see that there is something more to it. Randy was cleared of all charges and no damage was done to his wife or his baby as a result of the push.

raving said:

Sounds like you've been smacked around a couple of times by your husband :cry:
Chill out --- you're not the one that has to live with RM or maybe you are?!
We are football fanatics; so, personal problems, altercations, police confrontations, arrests, are dealt with by the Dolphins front office or our US judicial systems!!! We as members of this site are supposed to leave that trash alone, this is a place to interact free of confrontations even if on the net. Drop that already----geesh..... Randy is not a criminal, his wifes hormones were out of this world and she snapped, end of story :yell: If your girl has ever been pregnant you'd know they can snap at any given moment........

Great...! Now let's see him sign...

Then he can concentrate on first catching and then hanging onto the ball...!

I hope we resighn him soon to a long term contract, he does deserve it.

raving said:

you are what is wrong with america. "Domestic disturbance, woman going crazy, guy pushes her out of the way so he can hide in the bathroom. It has to be the guys fault"

Women are equal. They are not fragile creatures that need to be protected to the point where they could do violent things and not be blamed for it.

raving said:

You my friend are one of the problems with our society. YOU are the person that allows our kids to go to the cops for getting a spanking after they were told ten times to stop something. YOU are the person who has a completely innocent man branded for life with the title "rapist" because some vengeful girl wanted to get back at him with a made up story. YOU are the person that has a completely innocent person branded a molester because your child comes home with a bruise after being at a neighbors house...but you fail to realize the kid got it from falling off the couch playing with the other kid.

I hope I made my point in the fact that you HAVE NO IDEA what happened, and you are labeling him a WIFE BEATER!! Not to mention you obviously are one who will always fail to accept that there are "precious' women and kids out their who may have immoral agendas in reaction to their anger at someone. You want to talk about being PC...well for the other side of the coin, which people never accept, your comments about McMike really offend me.

Back
Top Bottom