McMike is a Stand Up Guy... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMike is a Stand Up Guy...

Another thread gone bad...oh well.

Anyway...if you weren't there when it happened and you weren't in McMike's shoes...you really don't know what when on. So, I don't think it was right to label McMike a wife beater...I honestly don't think he is. Sometimes...people don't act rational and act on impulse...that's what I think happened in that situation.

Go Fins!!!

Great attitude by McMike...I think he realizes that he has a chance to get big numbers in Saban's new system. He will get paid what he deserves soon. :)

Schleprock said:
You my friend are one of the problems with our society. YOU are the person that allows our kids to go to the cops for getting a spanking after they were told ten times to stop something. YOU are the person who has a completely innocent man branded for life with the title "rapist" because some vengeful girl wanted to get back at him with a made up story. YOU are the person that has a completely innocent person branded a molester because your child comes home with a bruise after being at a neighbors house...but you fail to realize the kid got it from falling off the couch playing with the other kid.

I hope I made my point in the fact that you HAVE NO IDEA what happened, and you are labeling him a WIFE BEATER!! Not to mention you obviously are one who will always fail to accept that there are "precious' women and kids out their who may have immoral agendas in reaction to their anger at someone. You want to talk about being PC...well for the other side of the coin, which people never accept, your comments about McMike really offend me.

First of all we are not friends - as if anyone would really get that confused. And if anyone is making giant leaps of false logic it is you. Let's get this straight - McMike ain't no stand up guy in my opinion. He is a good player with some real issues in his life. And like I said, he is coming to camp for one simple reason, to do otherwise would put his career in jeopardy. People on this board may not like the fact that McMichael got into a physical altercation with his pregnant wife, and the police got involved and then the media got involved. Those are irrefutable facts. That is trouble in and of itself. I believe that none of us know very much beyond those facts. But without that incident McMichael would have had a shot at a holdout, and a big payday, with it he has no choice but to come to camp. So I have another opinion of this guy as being "stand up". He is a young, somewhat immature guy with a great deal of potential. He needs to figure out what brought him to that moment with his PREGNANT wife (and he may be doing this very thing) or he will be there again in his life and next time it may not work out so tidy for the guy.

Samphin said:
Bryan Cox said it best on the radio. Players that want to holdout should take his advice. He said that any player that wants to holdout should tell the team that they will be coming to everything this offseason and play this year. However if a contract cannot be worked out throughout the offseason or into the year, he will be holding out next offseason. I think that is fair. The player lets it known where he stands and gives the team time to sign him while not hurting the team in any way by holding out. Plus, the player keeps the leverage by putting the ultimatum out there for next year.

that would just give the team time to find a replacement through the draft or FA.

and would be a reason a player would be released after an injury insted of given time to heal and come back.

raving said:
First of all we are not friends - as if anyone would really get that confused. And if anyone is making giant leaps of false logic it is you. Let's get this straight - McMike ain't no stand up guy in my opinion. He is a good player with some real issues in his life. And like I said, he is coming to camp for one simple reason, to do otherwise would put his career in jeopardy. People on this board may not like the fact that McMichael got into a physical altercation with his pregnant wife, and the police got involved and then the media got involved. Those are irrefutable facts. That is trouble in and of itself. I believe that none of us know very much beyond those facts. But without that incident McMichael would have had a shot at a holdout, and a big payday, with it he has no choice but to come to camp. So I have another opinion of this guy as being "stand up". He is a young, somewhat immature guy with a great deal of potential. He needs to figure out what brought him to that moment with his PREGNANT wife (and he may be doing this very thing) or he will be there again in his life and next time it may not work out so tidy for the guy.

Were you there?

Didn't think so. :shakeno:

raving said:

Man, you sure are repetative. You've posted the same thing three times now. You're one of those people who have been proven wrong, and can't accept it and shut up. From what we know, McMichael did nothing to deserve YOUR label of "woman beater." McMichael was attacked, he did the right thing in calling the cops. End of story.

THIS IS WHY I LOVE THIS GUY... hes def a leader in a our team... i can see it like it was yesterday when last season feeley wasnt gettin any time to throw the ball and got sacked or hurried like 5 times in a row and after a 3 and out... mc micheal went to the sideline and started screaming at all the offensive linemen...

raving said:

Uh-oh, big words from a big man. I can't stand people like you. I would go further into that but I think everyone else on the board has already pointed out the flaws in all of your posts that say the exact same thing. Mcmike is a very good tight end, and if we don't re-sign him, there will be other teams that want him.

raving said:
You (and a few others here as well) are labeling an innocent man a wife beater. That my friend is called LIBEL. Now, should McMike actually be reading this thread and choose to..technically he could ask the Admin to provide your IP, then have you tracked down, followed by a hearty lawsuit. I wonder if you'd go screaming all the way to court the same way you are now? My REAL guess, aside from your internet tough guy answer, is that you'd stop your righteous finger pointing faster than Halle Barry leaving a car accident (and that is an example of accurately making judgement of a celeb without usig LIBEL).

IMO, which really means nothing, I find your actions and beliefs in this thread way more offensive and "bannable" than what some people have been punished for here.

I have no idea what happened with his wife and really its none of my business. My only real concern with McMicheal is when he does stand up and decides to open his mouth that he wants the ball, he cant then go and drop 3-4 passes the next game. His Drops really are the only thing stopping him from being an elite TE IMO.

OK.
Enough.
In the eyes of the law, McMike is guilty of nothing. If anyone wants to slander him, please feel free to do so.... on another board.
The discussion about the charges for which he was exonerated is over. period.

Samphin said:
Bryan Cox said it best on the radio. Players that want to holdout should take his advice. He said that any player that wants to holdout should tell the team that they will be coming to everything this offseason and play this year. However if a contract cannot be worked out throughout the offseason or into the year, he will be holding out next offseason. I think that is fair. The player lets it known where he stands and gives the team time to sign him while not hurting the team in any way by holding out. Plus, the player keeps the leverage by putting the ultimatum out there for next year.

Disagree. The players agree to the contract they sign as well as the implicit CBA signed by the Players' Association - the CBA is part of the bargaining environment. A holdout for more $ is never justified, or "fair" - it's a breach of their contract.

Back
Top Bottom