Meathead admits he duped Spielman | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meathead admits he duped Spielman

Wildbill3 said:
yeah, and he is also a moron. You don't do something like that and if you do, you never admit to it in public, as it stands now, everyone who does any business with him will never give into any of his demands, and second of all that was very unprofessional on his part, heck he may have cost a somebody another job in the future.

So not only is Tice now considered a moron, he added cheat and con man + ******* to the list of descriptions listed after his name.

Business is business. Who's really the Moron, Tice for offering the trade or Wanny for excepting it or maybe even you for thinking that Tice is the moron. Think what you will, but when it comes right down to it, Wanny is the idiot out of the 2.

TARHEEL38 said:
Well what Saban did to Brayon Edwards, telling him that we were definitely going to draft him, so that he would spread the word around for us, is the same thing. Braylon, could have bought a house in south FL or made other decisions based on the info that he was given. That is why he was so upset after the draft, he had been lied too.

If you wanted to take that to court and try to get a pick, you would be laughed out of the courthouse. It happens all the time in sports. I am sure you have a law degree and that you are a good person, but in this situation I think you are over thinking the issue. JMO

Then he would have been an idiot to do so. You don't base anything on what a team says before the draft. You wait till after the draft to do those things. It's a business and nobody does what they say they are going to do all the time.

Roman529 said:
:lol: At least Wanny and Spielman are now history.....Yes Vernon Carey hasn't worked out so far, but give it time...the same with AJ Feeley...they are not busts YET.

AJ has been in this league long enough now where if it hasn't happened yet, it might not. This is HIS year. If he doesn't show anything THIS year, then he is a B-U-S-T

nyjunc said:
yet just about every post last year was on here saying how great carey was going to be and how he immeditaly would contribute.

Haven't you realized yet that many on this site have 20/20 hindsight?

nyjunc said:
yet just about every post last year was on here saying how great carey was going to be and how he immeditaly would contribute.

Not me, and I wasn't alone.

MikeO said:
AJ has been in this league long enough now where if it hasn't happened yet, it might not. This is HIS year. If he doesn't show anything THIS year, then he is a B-U-S-T
Off topic, but I agree. I'm a Feeley supporter, if doesn't have a really good year it's over for him in Miami.IMHO

MikeO said:

Agreed. Neither a Feeley lover nor hater, but its put up or shut up for him.

The people that like to point out Carey's perceived lack of "greatness" or enjoy emphasising his "back-up" role last year, fail to take into account that Wannstedt didn't like to play rookies. He valued a veteran's experience much more than a rookies potential. To those that are ready to label as a bust whenever on whomever should take a moment to realize the adverse situations the players were forced into last year, and during the last coach and his staff.

fail to take into account that Wannstedt didn't like to play rookies

I agree, only time will tell about Vernon. He will at worst probably be a decent player.

As far as trading up, Spielman was duped (as in duper beating his defender deep for a TD). However, you have to look at the situation. If it meant your job and you KNEW the O-Line that you had available for the next season, wouldn't you trade to go up a spot. Spielman was unfortunately put in a situation where it was win at all costs right now or else. Given more time and a better coach, who knows. He might turn out alright somewhere else.

If he doesn't show anything THIS year, then he is a B-U-S-T

I'm going on record here saying that AJ will do at least above average after a few games. He may never be a great QB but with a running game and better OL (Oh god please let them be better this yr) he should be decent. He showed toughness and a good arm. Now, does he have the mental. You have to think so after seeing what he did for Philly when he was forced into action.

Spielman probably got the shaft after Saban saw AJ and Carey practice! Remember, Saban has had time to see AJ and Carey in action. If they were descent, he would have said something, but instead he tells us that Gus has the edge. The writing is on the wall.

Remember, Saban has had time to see AJ and Carey in action. If they were descent, he would have said something

I think (don't know of course), that Saban knew he just needed to let Spielman go or as it was advertised...Spielman knew it was time to go. You can't lose that much power in one year and be expected to do the same job. Pretty much the reason Bates decided to move on. Saban doesn't need Spielman, he needs someone to be his do boy basicly.

nyjunc said:

You aint lying about that! Thats what I was screaming, Carey wasN'T even close to Shawn Andrews, but no, "Carey is far superior to Shawn", is all I heard. Shawn was tearing it up in his first game, until the leg break, then to I.R. he went. But, in his first game, the first game of the year, he looked like a All Pro. How many spots did Shawn go before Carey, Philly beat us to the punch? Thats why I thought Spielman needed to be fired. There was no Wanny excuse for that miss. Spielman was the GM in 04, and there aint no doubt about that either!

Back
Top Bottom