Meet Miami's new #1 draft pick in the 2013 NFL draft. shocking...... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meet Miami's new #1 draft pick in the 2013 NFL draft. shocking......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they move Albert -> KC is screwed -> if they do move Albert it won't be a for an early second maybe an early third is all they'll get the longer this takes the more the pinch on KC->if they don't move Albert we still ohave other trade options we don't need to go to no.1 so Enduro's neighbour Jeff Ireland may have a plan afterall - LOL

One of the espn bloggers did a mock draft scenario of what getting him or Fisher would look like and it was our number one, our first number two and both our thirds. I would like to see us trade back with SF and then trade back up into the early twenties.

Son of a bitch. Enduro may actually be right.

Adam Schefter just tweeted that if the Chiefs are left holding the bag on Branden Albert then they're steering toward Eric Fisher whose game lends itself more to power, where they would need Fisher on the right side until Albert leaves.

That could put Luke Joeckel in play at #3 overall, or even #4 overall, and if that's the case...I look for Miami to be aggressive.

"That kid there is so good he's going to be the number 1 pick in the NFL Draft someday"

-Jim Turner to Jerrod Johnson, the 1st practice of Luke Joeckel's 1st day at Texas A&M, after Turner and Sherman spent a ton of time on the road personally recruiting Joeckel.

One of the espn bloggers did a mock draft scenario of what getting him or Fisher would look like and it was our number one, our first number two and both our thirds. I would like to see us trade back with SF and then trade back up into the early twenties.

To move up to the Raiders (3) We would have to give up 12,42, and a (2nd next year or a player).This way we keep (54) and have both 3rd rounders left.So we would have a 1,2,3,3,4,5,5,7,7,7 and I agree using 2 of the 7's to get into the sixth giving us a 1,2,3,3,4,5,5,6,7

Well CK your posts hold a lot of weight with me so if you think this could be right then Thursday just got more interesting.

Son of a bitch. Enduro may actually be right.

Adam Schefter just tweeted that if the Chiefs are left holding the bag on Branden Albert then they're steering toward Eric Fisher whose game lends itself more to power, where they would need Fisher on the right side until Albert leaves.

That could put Luke Joeckel in play at #3 overall, or even #4 overall, and if that's the case...I look for Miami to be aggressive.

"That kid there is so good he's going to be the number 1 pick in the NFL Draft someday"

-Jim Turner to Jerrod Johnson, the 1st practice of Luke Joeckel's 1st day at Texas A&M, after Turner and Sherman spent a ton of time on the road personally recruiting Joeckel.
with all the abuse he takes here it would be pretty funny if he were

We're getting to a time of the draft where things are moving really fast. Things are being revealed that have been unknown. Other things are subject to misinformation. "What the Dolphins will do" is going to change hourly.

But as of right now I believe a trade up for Luke Joeckel has legs. That's what I'm saying. I still believe that at 12 the most likely pick is a corner, but I believe the trading up got a lot more likely than it had been.

Miami has a shot at landing Luke Joeckel, yes.

It depends on what the Chiefs do. I still believe Joeckel will be the Chiefs pick, but Eric Fisher isn't totally out of the question. Tony Pauline reported Saturday that some of the teams positions coaches prefer Fisher.

If Kansas City goes with Fisher, I can definitely see Joeckel being on the board at #3 (unless Jacksonville can trade out). I don't buy the Jacksonville OT hype, if it can't get out then Dion Jordan is the pick. IMO.

So that puts Oakland on the clock and gives Miami a chance to trade up to the #3 selection. The question is will the Dolphins go that high?

FWIW, I think the team Tony Pauline was speculating about in the trade is the Cardinals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacksonville remains the key to the top 5, as they have been for a while. No one knows what they're going to do but David Caldwell has been talking like he's seriously considering a tackle for a while. It isn't some late stage bluff. Here's some quotes of his from a story on April 13th:

David Caldwell said:
Fast forward to Friday, 13 days ahead of the Jaguars selecting No. 2 overall.

“We’re pretty close — it’s down to two people,” Caldwell said in a phone interview.

“We’ve kept a pretty open mind,” Caldwell said. “It really hit us about a week ago and the direction of this franchise and what we need to do. I’m really excited about what I believe we’re going to do.”

http://jacksonville.com/sports/foot...ad-new-jaguars-gm-dave-caldwell#ixzz2RLzmFGr2

Doesn't mean they'll do it. But KC has always been likely to take a tackle. The question is whether Jacksonville will take the other one. They're certainly in the market. Eugene Monroe is underrated but in the last year of his deal, meanwhile their incumbent starting RT is Cameron Bradfield.

Joeckel Swope, Kelce, John Abraham..... and I'd look into a trade for Toby Gearhart for a pair of 7th rounders... I think Miami is gonna bank on Grimes Marshall and Patterson at CB

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

funny, I did make a thread a little while back about Miami drafting Luke Joeckel, Damontre Moore, and Ryan Swope

I'd only spend a late second and a 3rd round/4th round pick on our LT and RT spot because that would still be a upgrade because odds are one of them two would start and the other would push for playing time soon.

Some of you have to remember we have a VERY quick passing game and to spend BIG MONEY/ high draft picks on the LT and RT spot would show that the GM, coach and owner are 100% out to lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd only spend a late second and a 3rd round/4th round pick on our LT and RT spot because that would still be a upgrade because odds are one of then two would start and the other would push for playing time soon.

Some of you have to remember we have a VERY quick passing game and to spend BIG MONEY/ high draft picks on the LT and RT spot would show that the GM, coach and owner are 100% out to lunch.

big plays to Wallace take a little more time...

big plays to Wallace take a little more time...

And if you keep jabbing a guy * IE * " quick passing game and decent running game " they will never see the hook coming. Wars/Sports are only won by people who know how to hide their deficiencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom