Meet Miami's new #1 draft pick in the 2013 NFL draft. shocking...... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meet Miami's new #1 draft pick in the 2013 NFL draft. shocking......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son of a bitch. Enduro may actually be right.

Adam Schefter just tweeted that if the Chiefs are left holding the bag on Branden Albert then they're steering toward Eric Fisher whose game lends itself more to power, where they would need Fisher on the right side until Albert leaves.

That could put Luke Joeckel in play at #3 overall, or even #4 overall, and if that's the case...I look for Miami to be aggressive.

"That kid there is so good he's going to be the number 1 pick in the NFL Draft someday"

-Jim Turner to Jerrod Johnson, the 1st practice of Luke Joeckel's 1st day at Texas A&M, after Turner and Sherman spent a ton of time on the road personally recruiting Joeckel.

Joeckel and Fisher are going to be the top two picks. Who knows the order. IMO the Fins are doing their homework making sure one might not be available later. However, both are gone in the top two picks.

People are all in a tizzy that the Fins and Chiefs have not "talked for days" about Albert. There is little to discuss and a deal can commensurate quickly. IF Rapport is right and the Fins are willing to shoot him Long money...the biggest hurdle is over. It would then come down to what #2 pick goes...With Albert living in Miami, him getting a physical is not the issue.

I agree with John Clayton that this deal gets done at some point and my guess is sometime Thursday night or Friday morning.

I do think that if Joeckel or Fisher are there at 3 or 4 the Fins try to move up. I think it is a good plan. However, that is why nothing is happening on the Albert front and I am not sure why people are surprised. Once the top two tackles are gone the Fins will pivot and get Albert Thursday night or Friday morning. I think this is easy to read right now.

I'm not buying this sudden leakage to the press that the Jags are going offensive tackle. They smell blood in the water on teams wanting to trade up for the offensive tackles. They're trying to pull the conversation to them, not Oakland or Philadelphia. Note fresh rumors that Oakland will take a tackle. They're trying to pull the conversation to them and away from Philly/Detroit. It all works its way up the ladder.

Based on what I'm hearing, enduro could actually be right. Could be. Could also end up Fisher or Johnson though.

Miami would be thrilled with anyone of the big three but we have a plan as long as a team doesn't screw it up.

my understanding is jax is very much enamored with fisher...i don't have a feel for how they feel about joeckel...only way i buy that jax is not going tackle is if fisher goes #1 to kc...then i think it's possible...

no matter what i don't like the compensation to get up to #3 if joeckel is there...i can only imagine how many of those top picks of ours will be in the package...a 2nd a 3rd at least most likely in addition to pick #12...just too rich

pretty much lose vontae davis and half of the b marsh trade plus your top 12 own pick for luke joeckel who while a terrific fit isn't special...and that if the raiders don't fleece you of your higher picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds...i think it's pretty dumb...but i guess i'm fully damn prepared to be pissed off

1. KC Joeckel
2. Jax Fisher
3. Oakland...you are up.

I do not believe Lane Johnson is in the plans. Branden Albert will be a Fin by Friday night.

[/B]

Miami would be thrilled with anyone of the big three but we have a plan as long as a team doesn't screw it up.

I actually have been hearing similar rumblings, straight from people in the office, for about a week now.

my understanding is jax is very much enamored with fisher...i don't have a feel for how they feel about joeckel...only way i buy that jax is not going tackle is if fisher goes #1 to kc...then i think it's possible...

no matter what i don't like the compensation to get up to #3 if joeckel is there...i can only imagine how many of those top picks of ours will be in the package...a 2nd a 3rd at least most likely in addition to pick #12...just too rich

pretty much lose vontae davis and half of the b marsh trade plus your top 12 own pick for luke joeckel who while a terrific fit isn't special...and that if the raiders don't fleece you of your higher picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds...i think it's pretty dumb...but i guess i'm fully damn prepared to be pissed off

Well the latest rumor from Jason La Canfora (so probably false) is that if the Chiefs can't trade Albert they'll go Fisher as the belief is Fisher would play better at RT for a year than Joeckel.

My understanding is that Jax, Oakland, Detroit, and Philly all love Fisher/Joeckel, but they aren't really high on Johnson (or at least Detroit reportedly isn't). Jacksonville is kind of tough to predict, while most feel it's Jordan, I guess the team really doesn't have Monroe in the long term plans. Philly and Detroit reportedly will scoop up one of Fisher/Joeckel if they fall to them

Arizona and San Diego are in love with Lane Johnson and both are big fans of DJ Fluker as well... AND those teams, and the Titans love both guards.

Well the latest rumor from Jason La Canfora (so probably false) is that if the Chiefs can't trade Albert they'll go Fisher as the belief is Fisher would play better at RT for a year than Joeckel.

My understanding is that Jax, Oakland, Detroit, and Philly all love Fisher/Joeckel, but they aren't really high on Johnson (or at least Detroit reportedly isn't). Jacksonville is kind of tough to predict, while most feel it's Jordan, I guess the team really doesn't have Monroe in the long term plans. Philly and Detroit reportedly will scoop up one of Fisher/Joeckel if they fall to them

Arizona and San Diego are in love with Lane Johnson and both are big fans of DJ Fluker as well... AND those teams, and the Titans love both guards.

i guess this shouldn't come as that much of a surprise given the familiarity with the player and last year they went with what they were familiar with...so yeah i can see it...in fact i believe it now...but i also wonder now if irelands using next years picks as chips to get up there in this deal as well...and that would really really bother me...we all know he's all in and needs to win now...why not barter with picks you may not even be here to have to take the heat for if you can keep most your chips this year....ughhh....all i know is getting to #3 is not coming cheap...

Joeckel and Fisher are going to be the top two picks. Who knows the order. IMO the Fins are doing their homework making sure one might not be available later. However, both are gone in the top two picks.

People are all in a tizzy that the Fins and Chiefs have not "talked for days" about Albert. There is little to discuss and a deal can commensurate quickly. IF Rapport is right and the Fins are willing to shoot him Long money...the biggest hurdle is over. It would then come down to what #2 pick goes...With Albert living in Miami, him getting a physical is not the issue.

I agree with John Clayton that this deal gets done at some point and my guess is sometime Thursday night or Friday morning.

The Albert holdup has nothing to do with whether the Dolphins are talking to the Chiefs or not. Nothing. There are certain things that MUST be done in order to complete this trade. Those things have not happened, started, or even been put on the docket. I won't say any more. But that could change today. However today is the last day the situation could change in time for it to happen.

I could see Jacksonville preferring Fisher for the very same reason the Chiefs prefer Fisher if they're unable to trade Branden Albert away.

Eugene Monroe and Branden Albert are LOCKED in as left tackles. That's what they are. They're not moving. But they both happen to have only one year remaining on contract. That puts the tackle position in play for both teams, up top. But Luke Joeckel is pretty much left tackle only, while Eric Fisher is considered to have the power element to his game necessary to play a year at right tackle while the team needs him there. So I think what you end up with is both teams in the same boat. If the Chiefs have to keep Albert, they'll take Fisher. That would leave the Jaguars taking Dion Jordan (most likely). But if the Chiefs are able to trade Albert, they'll take Luke Joeckel and the Jaguars will take Fisher.

The Dolphins have put themselves in position to be able to steer the Albert conversation. They're playing both sides of this. They can force the Chiefs' hand and essentially ensure that Joeckel makes it to pick #3, if they refuse to trade for Albert. Or they can trade for Albert and ensure that the Chiefs take Joeckel and the Jaguars get Fisher.

I'm getting the sense that Miami is stringing Kansas City along, making a show of this Branden Albert trade while not actually getting off the schneid and doing anything about it...and I think the Chiefs know it, which is why you sense some frustration from Andy Reid about it.

If I was Reid, I'd take Fisher period, works in either side, and maybe Mia will NOT move up, if the bounty Oak wants is too rich...if we use a 1,2, & 3 to get a Tackle, i'm gonna loose it seriously!!

For me the top 5 is rounding into focus.

01. Kansas City - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
02. Jacksonville - DE Dion Jordan, Oregon (Note: would've taken Fisher if available)
03. TRADE: Miami - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
04. Philadelphia - DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU
05. Detroit - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama

Admittedly, I'm chasing a rumor on the Eagles taking Mingo. They SHOULD take Star Lotulelei.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom