Meet Miami's new #1 draft pick in the 2013 NFL draft. shocking...... | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meet Miami's new #1 draft pick in the 2013 NFL draft. shocking......

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you look at it this way the 54 doesn't look like we are giving up that much as opposed to what we'd lose for Joeckel

I like KC trade the best and option d for the Raider trade.

KC Trade

KC trade for Albert We give up 2nd(54) we would have 12,42,77,82,111,146,166,217,224,250 <-------------Keep all our picks lose 2nd(54)

Raider trade

Raiders want picks...they get em in option b and d

Option a) Raider trade for (#3) Joeckel We give up 1st(12)2nd(42),2nd( 54) 3rd (77)...Dolphins draft 3,82,111,146,166,217,224,250

Option b) Raider trade (#3) Joeckel we give up 1st(12) 2nd(42),2nd(54),(player)...Dolphins draft 3,77,82,111,146,166,217,224,250

Low ball offers to the raiders but they get draft picks

Option c) Raider trade (#3) Joeckel we give up 1st(12) 2nd(54) 3rd(77) 5th(146)7th(217) Dolphins draft 3,42,82,111,166,224,250

Option d) Raider trade(#3) Joeckel we give up 1st(12) and 2nd(54) and 3rd(82) 5th(166)7th(224,250) Dolphins draft 1st(3),2nd(42),3rd(77),4th(111),5th(146),7th(217)<---looks like a normal draft

so unless we low ball the raiders we got to give up both our 2nd rounders and a 3rd to get to #3....yeesh....or both 2nd rounders and a player (which i would doubt they'd want bess and that he would carry a 3rd round return)

smells like both our 2nd and a 3rd out the window to move up 9 slots...good god i will break a bunch of stuff...

so unless we low ball the raiders we got to give up both our 2nd rounders and a 3rd to get to #3....yeesh....or both 2nd rounders and a player (which i would doubt they'd want bess and that he would carry a 3rd round return)

smells like both our 2nd and a 3rd out the window to move up 9 slots...good god i will break a bunch of stuff...

My prediction is that I'll be drunk before the draft even starts tomorrow.

It's kinda depressing when my thoughts are not hoping that we have a great draft but rather in hopes that ireland doesn't F it up

It's kinda depressing when my thoughts are not hoping that we have a great draft but rather in hopes that ireland doesn't F it up

And even those are generally dashed. Ireland is a unique GM in that he leaves you hoping for him to make a bad choice because the alternative is he makes a terrible one.

I think the whole Albert thing is to lower Oakland's asking price. At the same time, Miami is using Oakland as leverage to lower KC's asking price for Albert. Win/win, but I prefer Joeckel if the compensation is right because he is going to cost a whole lot less than Albert, and at this point we should be holding onto our money a little more tightly. I would trade a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Bess? for #3 but would not go any further than that. My issue is that we have so many holes to fill besides left tackle that those picks are going to become very valuable in a deep draft. Think about DE, CB, WR, and another TE. We maybe get two out of those four if we trade up. Hopefully management and the coaching staff are comfortable with that...

I think the whole Albert thing is to lower Oakland's asking price. At the same time, Miami is using Oakland as leverage to lower KC's asking price for Albert. Win/win, but I prefer Joeckel if the compensation is right because he is going to cost a whole lot less than Albert, and at this point we should be holding onto our money a little more tightly. I would trade a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Bess? for #3 but would not go any further than that. My issue is that we have so many holes to fill besides left tackle that those picks are going to become very valuable in a deep draft. Think about DE, CB, WR, and another TE. We maybe get two out of those four if we trade up. Hopefully management and the coaching staff are comfortable with that...

that doesn't make any sense, losing draft picks is cheaper than albert? we were prepared to pay jake long the amount albert is asking, so paying him money we already had earmarked for a lt isn't going to mess up our cap. and albert only costs us the late two or the early 3. of the two choices I pick albert or I ignore trading/drafting one and sign another FA like winston.

I think it's 12 and both 2nds and that's too much for me. I know the old value chart says more but that thing is dated. 3 top 2 rounds pick to move up to 3 is a score for a talent deprived Oakland team.

The compensation itself may not be cheaper, but the amount of money the #3 pick in the NFL draft is not going to be anywhere near $8 million/year with the new rookie scale salaries.

And the plot thickens:

ESPN's Ed Werder reported Wednesday that "most people around the league expect" the Chiefs to draft Luke Joeckel with the No. 1 overall pick.
Werder acknowledged there's still a bit of uncertainty since the Chiefs have not negotiated with either Joeckel or Eric Fisher, but GMs and personnel men believe the former will go first overall. "This a player that GM John Dorsey has followed since very early in his college career," said Werder. Added ESPN's Todd McShay, "From what I'm told, the Kansas City Chiefs were absolutely blown away by Luke Joeckel in their one-on-one interview with him."

-Per Rotoworld

Someone should create a thread with a poll to see if the majority of members would like to see Enduro banned.

I think it's 12 and both 2nds and that's too much for me. I know the old value chart says more but that thing is dated. 3 top 2 rounds pick to move up to 3 is a score for a talent deprived Oakland team.

ok well i agree with you if you give up both those 2nd rounders to get to #3 from #12 it's too rich...all these picks to go up for an ot and not pick again til #77...ugh...

Another reason that trading up for Joeckel may be a better option besides $ is because of how many draft picks we do have. Let's say it takes, for example, #12, #42, #82, and Bess to trade up. We still have #3, #54, and #77. Isn't that similar to what most other teams will be working with in the draft? One 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Plus, we are at a point where we need some sure-fire players from this draft because we are getting to the point of taking the next step from mediocre to playoff contender. I just can't accept taking on Albert for $8-9 million/year. That would SERIOUSLY put us in a tough spot in the future.

Pure speculation just something I was thinking about scenarios...

What if we traded to #3 with our 42 and solia and a later round pick 4-6

Sign Starks to new contract, kick odrick inside. We get joeckel at 3. Have 54,77,82 and package 82 and 54 to move up in early second if carradine falls grab him, then select best cb on board at 77 say slay or poyer ect.

3 players for 5 picks and lose solia

But our defense looks like this. Carradine odrick Starks wake

Ellerbe wheeler misi

Grimes slay Marshall for nickel downs

Jones Clemons

By the way end up with who should be best lt in draft young uninjured and on a rookie wage scale

Man there are just so many possibilities my heads going in ten directions... Just so darn excited to see things play out

What an offseason this could be!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom