Meet Miami's new #1 draft pick in the 2013 NFL draft. shocking...... | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meet Miami's new #1 draft pick in the 2013 NFL draft. shocking......

Status
Not open for further replies.
And protect him we will, one way or another. Ireland needs to win to keep his job, so he's not gonna joke around with this. He gambled with not overpaying Long and now it's looking 50/50 at best he can come away with a smile on his face from this situation.

The OP said "there are games going on" which are the Dolphins faking the Albert trade with KC to drop the Raiders asking price at 3?..Could these be the games?:ponder:

This makes more sense also about supply and demand,teams trading down wont get what they normaly would because alot of teams want to,so Miami trading up may not have to give up as much 1 because so many team want to and there's no sure things to trade up to....Enduro may still have a job here after all:err:

Read this

Adam Schefter of ESPN points out what seems obvious in a draft with no sure things, that about half the top 12 want to move down.
Schefter specifically mentioned the Eagles (fourth), Lions (fifth), Browns (sixth), Bills (eighth) and Dolphins (12th) as having made calls trying to trade down.
If that’s the case, the law of supply and demand is about to kick in, making it harder for any of them to get the kind of return they’d normally want, if anyone’s even willing to move up to the spots they occupy.

Also game 2 being played would be Miami making KC take our 54 or they plan on moving up with Oakland to take Joeckel and KC will be stuck with Albert and Fisher.The main problem with this is KC wants to move Albert to the right side and Fisher on the LT and I'm guessing Albert isnt keen on it.

We do have all the leverage as the OP says.This thread is making more and more sense.

We are in the driver seat between KC and the Raiders .

Raiders know we aren't desperate because it appears close for us to sign Albert and KC knows we do have the power and trade partner to move up.

What's kind of funny about that is that people felt the Fitzgerald trade was too "rich," but seem to have no problem giving the world for an above average LT with a bad back with one very good year (albeit, with only 13 games to go by, lacking 2 games against the league sack leaders in the Broncos). Makes no sense.

yeah but the fitz trade was talking 2 #1 picks to zona as compensation not a 2nd rounder for albert...although i am hearing that 2nd rounder is actually pick #42...

yeah but the fitz trade was talking 2 #1 picks to zona as compensation not a 2nd rounder for albert...although i am hearing that 2nd rounder is actually pick #42...

It is and that is the hold up

It is and that is the hold up

so the pick yesterday we thought was #54 and now it's #42 and the chiefs are holding out for more evidently....kinda sounds to me like we're the ones being played here

so the pick yesterday we thought was #54 and now it's #42 and the chiefs are holding out for more evidently....kinda sounds to me like we're the ones being played here

I've actually heard that KC wants #42 plus another pick. I think they really just want pick 42 and will "settle" by giving in on wanting that additional pick letting Ireland feel as if they caved and gave him a deal. If i'm Ireland I call their bluff and stick with pick 54 or else. No one else is in on Albert at this point

This isn't true. What source is claiming it's #42?

Please please please tell me ESPN. Same people who said Albert was visiting Miami a week ago. Same people who said Miami agreed to a deal with Albert's Agent

Same people who think Miami is giving up 2 2nds and a 3rd to get to #3

Chiefs send B. Albert and the #1 pick to Miami for Pick 12, Pick 42, Pick 77 J. Martin and D Bess..... Joeckle and Albert on the line next year hahahaha I can dream right. Madden trades are win.

I think the Albert trade is withering on the vine. Enduro's prediction remains a possibility. But so too is a trade up for Lane Johnson, or the Dolphins targeting Menelik Watson either in a trade down from 12 or a trade up from 42.

I think the Albert trade is withering on the vine. Enduro's prediction remains a possibility. But so too is a trade up for Lane Johnson, or the Dolphins targeting Menelik Watson either in a trade down from 12 or a trade up from 42.

Barring an Albert trade, do you see a high probability the Phins use #12 (or higher) on OL?

Nevermind, that was a dumb question. If the Albert trade doesn't go down, do you see any way that they don't?

ok guys....
plan a is joekel....... primary
plan b is fisher .......sloppy seconds
plan c is lane johnson........3's a charm
plan d is albert. .........miami is not paying alberts and the cheifs compensation

This isn't true. What source is claiming it's #42?

Please please please tell me ESPN. Same people who said Albert was visiting Miami a week ago. Same people who said Miami agreed to a deal with Albert's Agent

Same people who think Miami is giving up 2 2nds and a 3rd to get to #3

The Albert story will come out after the draft,a lot of what is being reported is true some is guessing.

Miami made it public they offered pick 54,KC not going public one has to assume its higher.Maybe 42 only?,maybe 42,82,?maybe,42 and 111?.But it's not 54 IMO.

I would put trading with the Raiders if we really really really want the 3rd tackle thats left on the board.

Raiders want Sheriff Floyd and want to move out of the way from the teams that want the O-tackles and gain a 2nd.Miami at 12 is too far down for the Raiders to move and still get Floyd.So I would look for Miami to work Philly, Detroit and the Browns.

All 4 teams really hurt each other Raiders(3)Eagles(4),Detroit(5)Browns(6) all want to slide down all made it known.The Browns(6)/ Bess trade is a plan b. plan b for Clevelands 6th will be Dee Milliner because the 4 Ot's should be gone.

Eagle's would be my bet as our prefered.They want Geno Smith and he'll be there at 12,Detroit may take OT and stay put,they are the least likely to trade but are looking for someone in the top 8-14 IMO.

I'm shaving 50-125 trade points off the draft trade chart for obvious reasons

Eagles 4th 12,42
Detroit 5th 12,54
Browns 6th 12,82 and Bess (If one of the Tackles are there we take em,if not we take Dee Milliner at 6)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom