Meet Miami's new #1 draft pick in the 2013 NFL draft. shocking...... | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meet Miami's new #1 draft pick in the 2013 NFL draft. shocking......

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the top 5 is rounding into focus.

01. Kansas City - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
02. Jacksonville - DE Dion Jordan, Oregon (Note: would've taken Fisher if available)
03. TRADE: Miami - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
04. Philadelphia - DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU
05. Detroit - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama

Admittedly, I'm chasing a rumor on the Eagles taking Mingo. They SHOULD take Star Lotulelei.

yep...i totally agree with your two posts above this...fisher has right tackle versatility and is more a power player...either team could plug him on the right side for a year if need be...hell he may be better suited there anyways...joeckel is a left tackle all the way...

and i agree with your top 3 picks here given fisher goes off the board at #1...i'm struggling with philly taking mingo but i know the buzz on him is huge...to me philly should take star and make him their haloti ngata in that 34 d...they have a glaring need for a de opposite fletcher cox...and he's got an awful lot of ngata in him...

detroit i will fall out if they pass up lane johnson if he's there...i just can't see them going any other way than tackle if one gets to em...

anyways appears enduros legit...sure would be nice though if he'd stop piecing this thing and tell us if he knows what the rumored compensation is...

I think I've resigned myself to the fact we are either trading a 2nd for Albert and giving him $$$ or trading a bunch of picks to move up to get joeckel. Either scenario sucks IMHO but accepting it now will kinda lessen the blow. Kinda

If Ireland pulls this off, can we still call him an idiot? He would be manipulating the top of the NFL draft to get the player he wants, arguably the top pick in the draft, from the #12 position. And to do it after the free agency he just had, I think would be here a long time

and now that the cats out the bag i kinda wish i didn't know...ha ha...but then again now that i'm prepared for it my tv may have a chance of surviving when the trade and pick is announced...

i wonder what oakland wants at #12 to drop that far...some talk late that floyd is all smoke

yep...i totally agree with your two posts above this...fisher has right tackle versatility and is more a power player...either team could plug him on the right side for a year if need be...hell he may be better suited there anyways...joeckel is a left tackle all the way...

and i agree with your top 3 picks here given fisher goes off the board at #1...i'm struggling with philly taking mingo but i know the buzz on him is huge...to me philly should take star and make him their haloti ngata in that 34 d...they have a glaring need for a de opposite fletcher cox...and he's got an awful lot of ngata in him...

detroit i will fall out if they pass up lane johnson if he's there...i just can't see them going any other way than tackle if one gets to em...

anyways appears enduros legit...sure would be nice though if he'd stop piecing this thing and tell us if he knows what the rumored compensation is...

Enduro's put his eggs in this Joeckel basket. If it doesn't end up happening he'll take a hit as he should.

But for now, purely circumstantially, I think it's got legs.

The key is this Albert stuff. Schefter and Salguero and Werder are all lighting up like christmas trees today insisting this trade gets done one way or another.

In order to get done, an important part of that process would essentially have to be crammed into one day. That's the trouble I'm having with this.

Enduro's put his eggs in this Joeckel basket. If it doesn't end up happening he'll take a hit as he should.

But for now, purely circumstantially, I think it's got legs.

The key is this Albert stuff. Schefter and Salguero and Werder are all lighting up like christmas trees today insisting this trade gets done one way or another.

In order to get done, an important part of that process would essentially have to be crammed into one day. That's the trouble I'm having with this.

i don't know...my read the closer we get is what you said earlier...we are stringing along kc with albert and have no intention of making the trade...maybe we did before his contract demands came out...that's the one good thing about landing a joeckel other than you know he fits this o like a glove you will get him cheaper over 5 years than you would ever have albert...and you get a player with more shelf life...so you should get a 2nd contract out of him...with albert you might only get 3 years...

i can only imagine what those convos about miami in the kc war room are like right now...miami forcing their hand....

What I'm really waiting for on the Albert front is fresh word. There's still enough time that the process could get rolling quickly today in time for it all to be completed by tomorrow. The Chiefs will want this done before they're on the clock, obviously.

If the ball really DOES get rolling today, it could still happen. If it doesn't, I think the Joeckel thing is in play.

I think I've resigned myself to the fact we are either trading a 2nd for Albert and giving him $$$ or trading a bunch of picks to move up to get joeckel. Either scenario sucks IMHO but accepting it now will kinda lessen the blow. Kinda

yep...it's either one or the other...they trade up for a tackle or we trade for albert...i don't think there is any plan c unless things go really off the mark...

Luke Joeckel, or the possibility of Jon Cooper, Kyle Long, and Gio Bernard...(to go with the other 2 & 3s) I'll take the latter

i don't know why people would be comfortable with kyle long as an ot....that screams guard only to me

I'm getting the sense that Miami is stringing Kansas City along, making a show of this Branden Albert trade while not actually getting off the schneid and doing anything about it...and I think the Chiefs know it, which is why you sense some frustration from Andy Reid about it.

after the way we've been shafted by the reid camp in the past... I can't say i'm too sorry about it.

If I close my eyes and hope hard enough, would that be enough to prevent us from trading up in the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom