Mel Kiper thinks we should have picked Matt Ryan | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper thinks we should have picked Matt Ryan

Teams just don't do what at QB? I think you've misunderstood me. I know we liked Henne from the beginning, that's what I was saying, it was a good value for where we got him.

Got ya . It seems like we pegged Henne this year much like the previous regime pegged Beck. I just dont agree with the thought process that we only took Henne because he was a high rated player that dropped. Parcells seem to have quite a fondness for Henne from the beginning and all signs pointed to him taking Henne. This pick basically says we are not very sure we have our qb on team already and we want to choose our own guy.

Got ya . It seems like we pegged Henne this year much like the previous regime pegged Beck. I just dont agree with the thought process that we only took Henne because he was a high rated player that dropped. Parcells seem to have quite a fondness for Henne from the beginning and all signs pointed to him taking Henne. This pick basically says we are not very sure we have our qb on team already and we want to choose our own guy.
Agree! I've always liked Henne also. I always thought he had that something that would translate well to the NFL. We shall see. I like Beck too, I guess the competition will only help both and force the issue on who's the right QB for this team. If we could wind up in a similar situation as San Diego was with Brees and Rivers where we could trade one for a decent draft pick that would be great. I doubt it. Who knows?

What? I'm sorry can't hear ya, Mel. You're only relevant, relatively, for two days a year.

And even if Ryan is a stud, what good will he do behind a crappy O-Line? Look at what happened to Tom Brady is the Super Bowl when his line couldn't protect him. :rolleyes:

I think he is on target about Henne as a quarterback, but the fact that we brought in a player to challenge for the job doesn't show me that we are washing our hands of beck. matt ryan was just the best qb in a weak qb pool, like alex smith was in '05.

Back
Top Bottom