Mel Kiper's 1st Round Mock Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper's 1st Round Mock Draft

Mack sucks. All he does is fall down.

I really like the Heyward-Bey pick. It makes perfect sense because there isn't good value there at a more glaring need and he would be BPA. Oher is not needed even though I like him.

Mack is the 2-time PAC 10 OL of the year- he does more than just fall down. I don't like his lack of balance either, but in part he's on the ground a lot because he's always attacking. he's very, very aggressive, which would be great for us.

Kiper is an absolute idiot.

I'm not going to rate this thread bad, because you are merely the messenger on this topic, and Mel is the fool, and after reading this my IQ has dropped.

Speaking of IQ Mel has the IQ of less than an onion.

I can't see Heyward-Bey going that high in the first, and to us no less.

I'd rather have Mack or Sintim.

So he has us wasting our 1st pick on what he considers the 5th best receiver in the draft? Great

I mean I don't want to go WR, but u guys do realize that Bey is like 6'3 210 lbs and runs a 4.3 40 right? Only problem is he is still very Raw . . . and with the impatience of Ginn on this site, I don't think you guys could take another WR that may require 2 or 3 years of development.

But he has tremendous upside . . . kid is a BEAST, he just has to continue to learn how to be a WR. It would excite me if the Trifecta made this pick, because they obviously would feel that this kid could be the next big thing and they can develop him properly.

But the dudes here want Jerry Rice to emerge from the draft on Day 1 so good luck with that

Mel is a great draft mind . . . I like the Bey pick . . . IFFFFF . . . Parcells/Ireland makes the pick. That tells me a lot about what they think of the kid and what he can become. He has the potential to be the physical beast we need at WR.

That being said, I rather DJ Moore or Clint Sintim at that spot. Even William Moore, tho his stock is dropping and he is having a poor Senior Bowl practice session.

Now when Bey puts up his 4.29 40 @ 6'3 . . . this pick will be moot as he will go before us anyways . . . don't think Mel hasn't projected the combine with this also . . . lol why do u think he has Maclin at #7. Teams are going to jump for these guys. Tons of talent at WR this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyjaBWuo4zA

So after watching his highlight reel I will have to say he has a hell of a burst for his size. I also like the fact that he makes a play and seems to run right back to the huddle. With that said I'm still not sold on him in the 1st but maybe use one of our 2nd rounders on him if he's there, and I'm thinking he will be.

Nah he won't be there, he is going to have an incredible combine . . . I don't think he falls to #25 to be honest with you.

The ONLY reason he isn't rated higher is because he didn't put up the numbers u would like . . . which is a very valid reason for him being this low in the first round.

Heyward-Bey would not be a bad selection, I think it is a little high though. I just cannot see the Tuna Trifecta selecting a WR in round 1. If Oher falls that far I could definetly see them drafting him, even if we resign Carey. I would move Carey to RG. I think Mel might have just stopped thinking after pick 10. There are 3 others after Heyward - Bey in his mock draft that I think makes more sense for the Fins. Oher, Laurinitis, Moore.

Nicks is a better WR and more the kind of guy we need, he's more polished and has great hands to make any catch

I'd rather have any of his 26-32 (except McCoy) rather than Heyward-Bey. I would like Heyward-Bey if it was the 2a pick.

If Michael Johnson, DJ Moores or James Laurinaitis are there at 25 I think we draft them. Heyward-Bey make the least sense of the players available.

Back
Top Bottom