Merged: 1 guy from tonights game that you want... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: 1 guy from tonights game that you want...

SamDaMan29 said:
if Daniels isnt ready what makes you think a DB of out college will?
Because thats the differant between a 4th round CB and a 1st round CB

basically everything is going to come down to how we address the free agent market first then we'll have a better understandind what our immediate needs will be after free agency. my scenario goes like this: grab a o-lineman like jeff harting{center /pitt.},l.bentley{N.O. guard} maybr hutchinson,whichever player is cost effective: also a FA cornerback cause i have a feeling madison and howard are both gone{lets hope we can get something for madison since he is under contract}: peterson{SF}at linebacker or a speedy WR in FA. then draft with what hole are left.

Daniels played great. Cornerbacks get burned all the time, its because they are cornerbacks. People only remember the bad plays. He is a rookie and he played better than guys like Deangelo Hall did his rookie year. He played better than Pac Man and Antrel Rolle (Injury), Webster, you name it. He was one of the best rookie CBs. I am not sure what else you expect.

Cutler could be the best QB in the draft and there is no way he slides to the second. If he is at 16 we count our lucky stars and take him. Huff would be the next best player if he is there for us at 16. Bing is overrated and should not go any sooner than the 2nd round.

I tend to agree that Daniels didn't play all that badly. He was somewhat inconsistent as the season wore on, but I thought he played better than Madison in the beginning of the year. We can't forget he probably hit the rookie wall and didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. Even with that, I still think he played fairly well for a rookie. And several of the calls he got in the last few games were really questionable....of course many of those calls on most DBs were questionable. I still think we need a CB and or Safety on day one of this years draft. My hope is that we resolve the QB situation in FA and let Saban pick D often and early in the draft...

i think we need huff in the first and get our QB jacobs in the fourth or even whitehurst

kingfin said:
I hope we take CB.Huff Texas or Safty Darnell Bing USC.I dont want to take a QB unless we move up to get either Vince Young or Matt Lineart.Im sorry, but Jay Cutler is too much of a gamble.He played for Vanderbuilt.Are you kidding me with that.I will bet my life Jay Cutler will go in the second round anyway.Bottomline is we need young talent in our secondary.Madison is on the way out the door.I feel Danails is not ready yet.Be for real here.He got burned last year.I no he,s a rookie but still.I just still hope we can move up to get Young or Lineart.I dont think it will happen.So i think the best step is to crab C.Huff CB Texas or D.Bing safty USC.

That's some horrible logic right there buddy.

kingfin said:
I hope we take CB.Huff Texas or Safty Darnell Bing USC.I dont want to take a QB unless we move up to get either Vince Young or Matt Lineart.Im sorry, but Jay Cutler is too much of a gamble.He played for Vanderbuilt.Are you kidding me with that.I will bet my life Jay Cutler will go in the second round anyway.Bottomline is we need young talent in our secondary.Madison is on the way out the door.I feel Danails is not ready yet.Be for real here.He got burned last year.I no he,s a rookie but still.I just still hope we can move up to get Young or Lineart.I dont think it will happen.So i think the best step is to crab C.Huff CB Texas or D.Bing safty USC.

We definitely need a CB, but until we see who we sign in FA it is hard to predict who we will draft. we would be better making a wish list of what positions we need, and then going from there

We dont need a safety that high we just have to find a way to keep Schulters here happy for a fair price on both sides... Bell is a playmaker too

I think if you want a corner you try and sign one with expierence through FA. I like the idea of Huff but as the one guy pointed out whats the difference between a first round CB and Daniels. I think Daniels played just as well as the first round CB's this year. Rolle, Jones, Fabian Washington the guy from Indy.

We Have poole coming back at CB so a free agent pick up there will be better off I believe than drafting one and while I like both Huff and Bing, I think Watkins (FSU) is just as good and can be had later in the draft 2nd or 3rd round.. Resign Schulters, get Watking, sign a Free Agent CB with Daniels and Poole and get Dom Capers as DC and I think our defense is improved right there..

kingfin said:

Daniels played very well for a 4th round pick

Back
Top Bottom