Merged: 1 guy from tonights game that you want... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: 1 guy from tonights game that you want...

kingfin said:
I hope we take CB.Huff Texas or Safty Darnell Bing USC.I dont want to take a QB unless we move up to get either Vince Young or Matt Lineart.Im sorry, but Jay Cutler is too much of a gamble.He played for Vanderbuilt.Are you kidding me with that.I will bet my life Jay Cutler will go in the second round anyway.Bottomline is we need young talent in our secondary.Madison is on the way out the door.I feel Danails is not ready yet.Be for real here.He got burned last year.I no he,s a rookie but still.I just still hope we can move up to get Young or Lineart.I dont think it will happen.So i think the best step is to crab C.Huff CB Texas or D.Bing safty USC.
and then we still have Gus, Lemon or Sage at QB with no real young talent coming in!! No thx. Daniels is improving, good things are expected of Poole (taken he is unproven) but we do have a few players to come in. Safety position is looking good in FA. I expect to take a decent player at Strong safety with Free agency. Cornerback position isnt our biggest need at this juncture.

fishfan34 said:
We Have poole coming back at CB so a free agent pick up there will be better off I believe than drafting one and while I like both Huff and Bing, I think Watkins (FSU) is just as good and can be had later in the draft 2nd or 3rd round.. Resign Schulters, get Watking, sign a Free Agent CB with Daniels and Poole and get Dom Capers as DC and I think our defense is improved right there..

I like Watkins and in the 3rd he would be a steal, he is 6'4 200 lbs. I have seen his 40 times at the 4.5 to 4.54 range. He also plays ST at FSU I believe he is a gunner, because he seems to be around the returner on every play. I have been hoping for him for a while, I hope we take Chad Greenway in the first, a LT in the 2nd and then Watkins in the 3rd.

From what I've read I'm not so sure Madison is gone. We have the cap room to keep him so I think it depends on weather or not we get a quality free agent CB

kingfin said:
I hope we take CB.Huff Texas or Safty Darnell Bing USC.I dont want to take a QB unless we move up to get either Vince Young or Matt Lineart.Im sorry, but Jay Cutler is too much of a gamble.He played for Vanderbuilt.Are you kidding me with that.I will bet my life Jay Cutler will go in the second round anyway.Bottomline is we need young talent in our secondary.Madison is on the way out the door.I feel Danails is not ready yet.Be for real here.He got burned last year.I no he,s a rookie but still.I just still hope we can move up to get Young or Lineart.I dont think it will happen.So i think the best step is to crab C.Huff CB Texas or D.Bing safty USC.

Huff would be a nice pickup. I would still get Cutler in the first if he is still available. As stated Rothlesburger played at Miami of Ohio, and Byron Leftwich played at Marshall (DIV II).
I also like the starting Defensive backfield we have, but we need to add depth. A very nice Nickel back that would be available in the third round is Gabe Fullbright out of "THE University of New Mexico". I know by looking at my sig you know I am a homer, but another unknown defensive back came out of UNM-(rain Urlacher actually played safety in a defense that featured a 3 safety set most of the time) and he has turned out to be alright

seriously i wouldnt worry about our DB's for next season. FA and Poole returning will see to that. QB is the need. If you look at every position and where we were last season it all points to improvement. QB is the one position that hasnt changed regarding average to below average performances.

Huff would be an awesome pickup... He has played all of the positions in the defensive backfield... So you are essentially getting a safety and or corner... saban loves versatile players and the kid fits the bill... Cutler will be gone before we pick, there are way too many teams looking for QB's ahead of us and Cutler seems in most polls to have assumed the number 3 slot behind Young and Leinert. We would actually be very lucky if Huff is still there... Greenway is another guy I think we have an outside chance at... Absolutely nothing wrong with Huff or Greenway...

:dolphins:

Your right we do have the talent but we always blow it but regardless we need a Corner imidietly

kingfin said:
Im sorry, but Jay Cutler is too much of a gamble.He played for Vanderbuilt.Are you kidding me with that.I will bet my life Jay Cutler will go in the second round anyway.

I'll take that bet. Not sure if there's much anyone can do with your life, but it's mine now.

South Florida said:
Antonio Cromartie @ 16.

I'd prefer we spend our first round pick on a player that didn't blow out his knee this year... but that's just me.

General Tso said:
I'd prefer we spend our first round pick on a player that didn't blow out his knee this year... but that's just me.
Id take him in the second in a heartbeat though....

Nicky Napoleon said:
Id take him in the second in a heartbeat though....

3rd round? Maybe. 2nd? Pass.

There should be plenty of major-injury-free CB prospects to choose from in the 2nd round if we don't get one in the first.

Back
Top Bottom