Merged 1 Million times: Simon to the Colts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 1 Million times: Simon to the Colts

Good move by the Colts, this was a no brainer to me, they need defensive help and this guy is no project. Dungy will put him to use in a way that will use his talent. Im not going to blast them because we lost out on him, great job by the Colts. They are probaly destroying their cap but they are a legit contender for the next few years, they can start over in a few after they make a strong SB run for the next few years.
Im glad we stayed away, Simon is not pushing this team over the top for a SB run. With or without him we are not strong enough to beat the Pats or Colts in the playoffs or to even get there more than likely.

im kinda glad we didn't get him, think hes a little overrated for the money he wanted...

Man, they paid Simon but don't want to pay EJ ?? That'll come back to bite them...

GREAT!!!....

Have a chance to land a hometown boy, who just happens to be a great DT, and he signs with the Colts. Mueller gets an F on this one. We needed Simon big time, and this will come back to haunt us when we're stuck rotating in guys like Vickerson / Wright....

I'm not a happy camper right now....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Yeah I heard that on the radio this morning as well

I think Vickerson will be a good player, and I also think he is our second best tackle at the moment. I focused on him alot this preseason(tivo) and the guy causes a disruption on almost every play.

You watch, Corey Simon isnt going to make them any better than they already are. Their problem is not the defense per say. Their problem is that their offense cannot beat NE.

finfan54 said:
You watch, Corey Simon isnt going to make them any better than they already are. Their problem is not the defense per say. Their problem is that their offense cannot beat NE.

I agree but what if Simon enables them to win that one more game they need to play at home vs the Pats in a possible second championship game between the 2 in the last 3 years?

It figures he would end up on a playoff contender.

NJFinFury2004 said:
I agree but what if Simon enables them to win that one more game they need to play at home vs the Pats in a possible second championship game between the 2 in the last 3 years?

well, lets say that he enables them to win 1 or 2 more games (which I do not know if you know this or not, but a DT does not make you that much better, only in positions like QB, WR, or RB where skill gets you points, not run stuffing)

but lets say he does enable them for this scenario:

Colts get Home Field advantage and guess what? Peyton Manning still cant beat the NE defense because they adjust to everything that Indy does and that offense cannot get any better. It has reached its plataeu (sp?), and they still cannot take that NE defense cus its built around coming at them from every direction and mixing it up in coverages and blitzes (much like we are about to do).

I was watching NFL Networks Playbook and they were showing how Belechick changed their scheme at halftime to take advantage of the OL. Pure genius.

Back
Top Bottom