Merged 1 Million times: Simon to the Colts | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 1 Million times: Simon to the Colts

Simon signs with Colts

Just heard on Sportscentre that Corey Simon has signed with the Colts. Didn't see any threads so I apologize if it's already posted. Bad news for us, he could have helped but I don't know how realistic it would have been for us to sign him. Freeney and him will make one hell of a line.

I saw this one coming....wasn't 100% sure that they would have the cap room, but it just looked like a perfect fit. Something about Dungy being there just made sense to me that Simon would wind up there. I never saw him winding up here.

With a team like the Colts, he fits their need perfectly, and the team is good enough to thrive while he rounds into shape and once he begins to really contribute, their defense will step it up a notch.

LarryFinFan said:
Man, they paid Simon but don't want to pay EJ ?? That'll come back to bite them...

You stole my thunder...I guess it depends on what kind of deal he got, but I agree with you, this seems like a slap in the face to EJ.

How is Vickerson our 2nd best DT when it is possible he is cut. Vickerson and Write are LONG shots and it is a shame we couldnt get a deal done with Simon. How does Indy do it?

Mindwarp said:
been posted a few times..

Search is a WONDERFUL feature.

Wow look at this, u got people making a huge a$$ deal about something being posted several times......ya know our soldiers in Iraq, ahem...i mean our murderers in Iraq (cuz soldiers are nothing but murderers) would laugh at you. They are sitting there being bombed and shot at, and yet YOU are making a big deal about.........someone making a thread thats already been posted.

Ya know.....not going to war is a WONDERFUL thing too, but our country cant seem to do that. Whats worse? Posting a thread several times, or going to war and having millions of people killed for no reason (or cuz our President is a jacka$$ who deserves to fight in iraq) .....just thought id say that:)

How can they afford him with all those big offense contracts......Simon and Freeney is a nice combo thoe

nc marino fan said:
just seen on espn .com sorry can not link
Thats good. Goes along with the 15 other posts on here that were about the same exact thing that got moved. :lol:

Yeah I'm surprised they could afford him. Let's see the terms of the contract and then we can tell whether or not it was a good move to let him go or not.

If he got a $13 million bonus or guarantee, I guess it's ok we passed on him. If it is anywhere below $10 million, I question us not getting seriously into the mix.

Basically 5 years, $34 million with $10 million guaranteed is the high water mark. I wanted him if we could get him for that price or below. If he got significantly higher, then it would be too much.

Back
Top Bottom