MERGED 100X:Ricky very close to coming back/790 Says Ricky Back/Ricky Coming Back! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 100X:Ricky very close to coming back/790 Says Ricky Back/Ricky Coming Back!

I have thought a lot about this issue. The funny thing is that I was never really that mad at Ricky when he retired back in July. I don't know why, maybe it was because I didn't want anyone on the team who didn't feel like playing, or what. Wanny really needed to go after the 2003 season, and I knew the team was in trouble when he was retained. It was just time for him to go. If Ricky's hiatus helped cause that to happen, well, then so be it. Now obviously if I were one of Ricky's teammates I'm sure I would have felt differently.....being let down and all that. However, here's the way I look at it.....if Ricky's teammates are willing to take him back, then why shouldn't I be able to? And as was mentioned before, it's not like there's a huge risk involved, at least I don't think there is. With the hiring of Linehan and the re-signing of Boston, the passing offense SHOULD be more productive, and the offense itself won't be as dependent on the run as when Ricky was here before. And if Ricky walks away again, well, no loss, since Ronnie Brown is on the roster. Personally, I would love to see Ronnie become a 1,000+ yards a season back, with Ricky spelling him periodically, and then in a few years, after Ricky has settled his debt, he just goes back to Australia or whatever. I think everyone does well in that situation.

There's no doubt in my mind that Ricky's comming back, with a re-struture contract.
Will it be a good thing or bad? I think good. With out the jokes of smoking pot. I think that Ricky can help R. Brown learn the ropes of the N.F.L. as far as defenses. It can only be a good thing. Ricky knows that he will be tested time and time again. So i believe he will give up the smoke for at least a season. It's not this season's contract that Ricky is playing for its next years contract That Ricky will be playing for. And just think if Ricky has a decent year then He will be worth much more next year. In a trade.

If Saban wants Ricky here, and he wears a Phins uniform? Don't we have to cheer when he plays? What's best for the team and all that?

I think Saban feels he can handle Ricky, which is egotistical on Sabans part, but maybe he can. Splitting carries with Brown will make it easy on both guys, and Brown is used to it. In fact, it will ease Brown into the NFL grind in the best possible way, not having to carry the rushing attack for 16 games plus.

Under a new incentive laden contract, which basiclly forgives Ricky that 8.6 million if he stays clean for at least two years, then we get him into shape this year, show he still has it, and trade him off for a draft pick or player we need in 2006.

Brown gets a year to adjust to the NFL, we get back something for Ricky, and can stop wondering if he will walk away again or fail a drug test.

We should be able to get a conditional third rounder for Ricky in 2006, to become a second or first if he meets 1200 or 1500 yds rushing.

Huizinga put all his trust in Saban. Do whatever, I believe in you.

I feel the same way. Saban does not want to start his tenure off with a mistake. I feel Saban is a great motivator and is very optimistic. If Ricky buys into what Saban is selling, he could come in and dominate the field like 2003.

As far as the 20 lbs. leaner, these players have dietitians who know know their stuff, will get the weight back on quickly.

If Saban says go, then Ill back Ricky, cuz I believe in Saban's desire to win and his desire to bring respect back to Miami.

Also, if the players in the locker room accept him, then I will.

Last thing, I know I got burned by Ricky like you all did, but I do miss seeing him bowl over those poor souls in front of him from the jets, bills, pats. etc.

endozone said:
Jason Cole told Dan LeBetard this afternoon Ricky has expressed to Saban he will be back in July

I think he forgot some of his drug parafanela in his old locker that he had hidden.

The Dolphins are our team

for better or worse.

If Saban wants to bring back Williams...I don't have to like it...
but at this point we owe Saban the benefit of the doubt.

Story in the Herald?

Was the Ricky Williams story in the Herald this morning or was all that talk a bunch of crap?

DaMiAmIDoLpHiNz said:
Funny coming from a guy wit only 3 posts and starts out his account posting somethng like this. Sorry but I gotta see it to believe it as well.
Her has more posts if you count the ones he made as "Press Coverage"! :wink:

As long as they are bringing real news who cares! Its going to be a great season...

Schmiggs said:
I don't think he was a bad coach at all. However I do think his choices of QB's were absolutely horrid...
Dude he was a horrible coach! Nice guy, from what I hear, but a very bad coach. Look at his history, he killed the bears and now he made our team a joke. Look at how the season ended after he dropped out. Bates led us to 3 victories one of them Monday night against the World Champs! If Wanny was here for that game we'd have been routed by the Pats the way the Jits routed us.

thewicked1isher said:
Dude he was a horrible coach! Nice guy, from what I hear, but a very bad coach. Look at his history, he killed the bears and now he made our team a joke. Look at how the season ended after he dropped out. Bates led us to 3 victories one of them Monday night against the World Champs! If Wanny was here for that game we'd have been routed by the Pats the way the Jits routed us.

Ricky and injuries made our team a joke, not the coach. The Coach W is what made us what we were the season before the whole Ricky crap happened. Dave didn't make nearly as many mistakes coaching as someone like, Herman Edwards makes, but since Curtis Martin didn't walk out on the Jets, and their whole team didn't fall prey to injuries, he doesn't get the criticism or lose the job over it.

You could put any coach in Hall of Fame history into the spot the Dolphins were in last season, and you would not see any of them come out with more than the amount of wins that the Phins had last season.

It absolutely slays me that the one person that is the sole reason for last season's total destruction is welcomed back with open arms by many of you so that he can have a chance to do it again. It's sad.

DBostonsBoy80 said:
Ricky brings depth and that is something that can be useful at every postion

as far as im concerned, the only value he brings is his trade value. i'd really prefer he not wear the aqua & orange again, but i understand there's a good chance we'll get a #2 or even a possible #1 if he plays really well.

for those of you rejoicing at his return and discussing trading ronnie...gimme a f***ing break.

Back
Top Bottom