MERGED 100X:Ricky very close to coming back/790 Says Ricky Back/Ricky Coming Back! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 100X:Ricky very close to coming back/790 Says Ricky Back/Ricky Coming Back!

pigskinguy said:
I don't know how comfortable I would feel going into the season with 2 rookies and Ricky Williams as our 3 RB's.
We won't be going into the season with 2 rooks and Ricky as the 3 RBs, b/c Ricky will be under suspension at that point in time. If we go into the season with the rookies, Gordon, Morris and Evans, that would make me at least as comfortable as adding Minor to the group over any of the five.

patience- patience- patience... he broke our hearts once/wait and see.

Personally, I don't have any problem with Ricky coming back. Did Ricky screw us all over as fans, sure he did, but more than that, he screwed over his teammates... Those are the people he most needs to make amends to. If he wants to be accepted back to this team by them, it's going to take a verbal sincere apology, no less. For us fans, it's simply going to take him getting to camp, learning the offense, and then coming out and leaving it all out on the field.. There were two theories as to why Ricky left last season, one theory was the drug issue and not wanting to deal with the leagues rules and restrictions.... the other theory was that he was getting absolutely killed in Dave's offense and a couple of more years of that were going to have him ending up like Earl Campbell. He was tired of it, and knew as long as Dave was the coach of this team, nothing would change. Now i'm not saying I agree with the way he handled it, but, he did what he thought was the best thing to do. He's said a bunch of stupid and ignorant things since, and I think he said most of that stuff out of being immature... Ricky has a lot to prove, but really, come on, what's it hurt to allow him back and see what he can provide us with. If he lights the world on fire... then you either have one heck of a backfield duo, or, you have phone calls from all over the league offer trades for him... I know, who's going to offer to trade for someone like Ricky with all his baggage, but, if he comes out next season, goes for 1000+ yards and 10 TD's... there will be offers.. period.. I do NOT like Ricky the person, but, there are several positives to bringing him back, and they far outweigh the negatives..

There are like 5 threads allready with the same Title....But since this is great news, We'll let it pass.

I don't care if he does come back....he's a damn quitter.

The ONLY reason he is returning is because he needs money...just like the only reason Mike Tyson fights is because he needs the money.

If the Phins had'nt won that judgement against him he would be in India still getting high.

Lights, Camera, Play Action....

I think this means whichever quarterback we have that most convincingly executes the play action, starts.

Finz Fury said:
Although I find it hard to believe, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt till I check out tomorrows Herald. We don't need another fiasco like when the newbie posted about Poole being out for the season.
If it is true, bad move by Saban....IMO. We already have a capable backfield and don't need the headcase back. Does anyone else think Saban is in over his head? It makes no sense to me why he wants Ricky back. I know he may still be talented but after what he did to this team he shouldn't even be aloud in Miami....IMO. Boston is another risky move but at the vet minimum I see no huge risk. At least he tried to play last season and still has a love for the game.
Yeah and you rather have Lamar Gordon.:lol:

In all seriousness, think about the best case senario: ricky and ronnie share the load and the dolphins sport a top five rushing attack. then think about the worst case: ricky is a shadow of his former self and ronnie brown gets all the carries. I just think that this cannot be a negative for the team.

DolfanInSoCal said:
In all seriousness, think about the best case senario: ricky and ronnie share the load and the dolphins sport a top five rushing attack. then think about the worst case: ricky is a shadow of his former self and ronnie brown gets all the carries. I just think that this cannot be a negative for the team.

Exactly! Its a win-win situation if he comes back! We can only go up, great post.

Ronnie Brown: Huge Upside :evil:

Kay Jay: Good upside :D

Gordon: Good Upside :D

Minor,Morris: Good Depth :)

Would u cut a depth guy to add Ricky? Yes.
Would u mind if ricky stays away from the fins forever? No.

I'm already satisfied. :rolleyes:

The best thing about all this is the fact that he needs us a heck of a lot more than we need him....It's not like when he left us and we had nothing to fall back on.. at least it's not a case of where we HAVE TO HAVE HIM BACK..

Finz Fury said:
Although I find it hard to believe, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt till I check out tomorrows Herald. We don't need another fiasco like when the newbie posted about Poole being out for the season.
If it is true, bad move by Saban....IMO. We already have a capable backfield and don't need the headcase back. Does anyone else think Saban is in over his head? It makes no sense to me why he wants Ricky back. I know he may still be talented but after what he did to this team he shouldn't even be aloud in Miami....IMO. Boston is another risky move but at the vet minimum I see no huge risk. At least he tried to play last season and still has a love for the game.

In what way is Saban in over his head? It makes perfect sense why he wants Ricky back....he's a helluva running back and while we have a capable running attack, we could have an AMAZING running attack if Ricky comes back.

Back
Top Bottom