Merged 10x: Mel Kiper's first Mock! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 10x: Mel Kiper's first Mock!

Dolphins=LIFE said:
Kiper's completely hit or miss. When he's right he's right, and when he's wrong he's WAAAAAAAY off. I think this is the latter.

Is that you Kastofsna?:confused:

fishypete said:
I agree...he's never played left tackle...and there's a reason why...you can be assured.
he didn't need to play LT at USC... the RT protects Leinart's blindside.

ESPN is funny because bar Chris Mortenson, nobody really has a clue what goes on in the NFL and just take wild guesses at everything. When they're wrong, we all just forget, but when they're right, we praise them as uber-talking heads. IMO, if people take wild shots and miss year after year, they need to be fired.

I think Kiper likes to look strictly at the top 5 picks for a while. I think his first few mocks are ridiculous because he hasn't evaluated half the teams and just looks at a need and fills it where he has players projected approximately.
He had Pope and Fasano late in the 1st round which means there is 4 TE's in the 1st round which I just can't see.

HysterikiLL said:
ESPN is funny because bar Chris Mortenson, nobody really has a clue what goes on in the NFL and just take wild guesses at everything. When they're wrong, we all just forget, but when they're right, we praise them as uber-talking heads. IMO, if people take wild shots and miss year after year, they need to be fired.

nobody knows for sure about the draft, cant blame kiper for being wrong sometimes.

by the way, kiper knows more about the draft than anyone, it would be horrible without him.

fishypete said:
I agree...he's never played left tackle...and there's a reason why...you can be assured.
Because Leinart is a left arm thrower which means that Justice is protecting his backside.

Kipers Mock......Dolphins 1st round only

Winston Justice OT/ USC

Winston Justice

Class:
RS Junior

Hometown:
Long Beach

High School:
Poly

Height / Weight:
6-6 / 300

Position:
OT

Birthdate:
09/14/1984

Experience:
2V

If that mock is completley correct come draft day and we pass on Jimmy Williams... I will break my TV... We could EAISLY get an O-lineman in the 2nd or even 3rd round that could turn out to be as good, or even better than Justice... Sooo much depth on the O-line in the draft this year... NO WAY we pass on Williams, unless Saban and Mueller are passing something before that pick....

man i want to get huff not justice.hahaha i just thought of a funny sig someone should make if we ever drafted winston.have a pic of him and say justice has been served.but anyways i think we can get a good quality o-linemen in the second and get huff in the first

Everyone keeps saying that we can get a good quality O-linemen in the 2nd, so we should take a DB in the 1st. However, we may be able to get a DB that is just as good in the 2nd. Right now Cromartie is being projected late 1st but alot of times guys with injuries will slip heavily on draft day. So we may be able to get Cromartie (who I rate higher than Williams or Huff) or Jason Allen from Tennessee in either the 2nd or 3rd. Either of those guys would be an excellent choice. Not saying I know who's best or what we should do but don't discount the DB's available in the 2nd/3rd.

Back
Top Bottom