Merged 10x: Mel Kiper's first Mock! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 10x: Mel Kiper's first Mock!

nopony said:
No to Jimmy Williams, please.

And don't actually draft lendale unless you know who wants to trade for him... at which point they can just trade for our pick. Getting stuck with a player we don't need because we thought we were being sneaky would be so... Wanny.

I still hope Cutler or Huff falls to us. No one knows at this point.

IMO the smartest GMs figure out who they want NOW and let others be swayed by the combine... and then all the overrated workout warriors will force some real talent down to us.

i'd agree if the player in question was, say, eddie moore, but white is a top five (in some eyes) talent. by no means is this a 'dump ronnie brown' thing, but having lendale white and ronnie brown - you'd be moving one for sure... again, there's a lot of time before the draft. but some would say you take the best player regardless of position.

If we do draft Justice who I've been hyping like crazy, I think it will be VERY funny to come back to this thread in 2 years when he looks like he might be one of the best linemen we've ever had (after Stephenson of course) and call everyone out.

i'd agree if the player in question was, say, eddie moore, but white is a top five (in some eyes) talent. by no means is this a 'dump ronnie brown' thing, but having lendale white and ronnie brown - you'd be moving one for sure... again, there's a lot of time before the draft. but some would say you take the best player regardless of position.

Actually, I agree with your point about BPA, for the most part. I wasn't being too clear... my point was don't try to get tricky and draft him to trade... if someone wants him let them give us a bounty to move up... IF our plan was to trade him.

As far as drafting him ourselves... if I argeed with you that he was a top-five talent, then I would say, of course, draft him if he falls to us. I just don't see him as a top-five talent. meaning there are much more than five guys ahead of him on my personal depth chart.

But, hey, I could be valuing him too little. i didn't watch all his games, just a few.

Left tackle is a huge possibility, but I don't see Miami taking Justice. McNeil or Scott perhaps, but I think Justice has too much baggage.

Whatever....Justice to us....I don't really like it.I hope Greenway fals if Cutler's not there...if all those guys are gone, then I also think we should move down.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Two quick notes:

1. I'd find somebody to SLAP if Michael Huff goes 1 pick before us.
2. I'd slap my damn self if we pass on Jimmy Williams.

But yeah, my draft board is:

1. Michael Huff, DB
2. Jay Cutler, QB
3. Jimmy Williams, DB
4. Winston Justice, OT
5. Santonio Holmes, WR

fishypete said:
I agree...he's never played left tackle...and there's a reason why...you can be assured.

He played on the right cause Leinart's a lefty, and that's his blind side.

Kiper's Mock Draft

Sorry if its already been posted.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/insider/columns/story?id=2295094&CMP=ILC-INHEAD

2006 Draft Projection
* denotes underclassman
1. Houston -- *Reggie Bush, RB, USC
2. New Orleans -- Matt Leinart, QB, USC
3. Tennessee -- *Vince Young, QB, Texas
4. New York Jets -- D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
5. Green Bay -- *Mario Williams, DE, NC State
6. Oakland -- A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State
7. San Francisco -- DeMeco Ryans, LB, Alabama
8. Buffalo -- *Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
9. Detroit -- Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt
10. Arizona -- DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis
11. St. Louis -- *Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
12. Cleveland -- Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa
13. Baltimore -- Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State
14. Philadelphia -- *Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
15. Atlanta -- Michael Huff, DB, Texas
16. Miami -- *Winston Justice, OT, USC
17. Minnesota -- *LenDale White, RB, USC
18. Dallas -- Jimmy Williams, DB, Virginia Tech
19. San Diego -- *Ko Simpson, DB, South Carolina
20. Kansas City -- *Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State
21. New England -- Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State
22. Denver (from Wash.) -- Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
23. Tampa Bay -- Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State
24. Cincinnati -- Claude Wroten, DT, LSU
25. New York Giants -- *Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State
26. Chicago -- *Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
27. Carolina -- *Anthony Fasano, TE, Notre Dame
28. Pittsburgh -- *Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State
29. Jacksonville -- Thomas Howard, LB, UTEP
30. Indianapolis -- *Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
31. Denver -- *Darnell Bing, DB, USC
32. Seattle -- *Chad Jackson, WR, Florida

i think someone might of posted it, idk though, nice repost if someone did, not to surprised they got cutler going to detroit, im not to upset with a lineman either

FinsAreLife said:
i think someone might of posted it, idk though, nice repost if someone did, not to surprised they got cutler going to detroit, im not to upset with a lineman either
wow ol, odd

Back
Top Bottom