Merged: 2006 Free Agents | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: 2006 Free Agents

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Butt out suck up.

Dud, if you read more of Boomers posts you will see why he is well respected around here.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Butt out suck up.

I don't "suck up" to anyone on this board genius. I am probably one of the most disliked Doplhin fans here.

I was speaking the truth (like usual...that is what gets me in trouble).

Brackett is a starter and has pretty good numbers.

Calmus is on IR and has a grand total of 80 tackles in 4 seasons.

I'm not all about stats but those numbers and what I see tell me something...Brackett is better then Calmus.

The next question I have is WHY THE HELL am I having such a rediculous arguement with you about this topic.

I was just speaking my peace about a VERY well respected member of this message board and you chimed in. Next time you want to run your gums...don't.

unifiedtheory said:
I don't "suck up" to anyone on this board genius. I am probably one of the most disliked Doplhin fans here.

I'm not all about stats but those numbers and what I see tell me something...Brackett is better then Calmus.

The next question I have is WHY THE HELL am I having such a rediculous arguement with you about this topic.

I was just speaking my peace about a VERY well respected member of this message board and you chimed in. Next time you want to run your gums...don't.

I gave my opinion thats all.You disliked? come on

unifiedtheory said:

Unified you working on my Avatar?:confused:

If it were going to be compiling a wish list that was at least conceiveable, I'd go with the following: This list of course would change based on the draft.

QB- Kitna
TE- Tuman from Pitt can block and be a solid second TE.
WR- Wayne if we went big ticket. Otherwise, we wouldn't much reason.
OL- Bentley for C (Saints owner is being cheap to sell team), Hutchinson if he is available for G.
DE- Kampan would fit in multiple schemes we run.
CB- Allen is solid and would be a good CB here. He can't catch though.
S- Demps would be nice, but I love Chris Hope from Pitts.

Money is always an issue, if we can go after a big time G or C, we could use our pick on a CB or QB and in the first instead of having to focus on Peterson in FA at OLB.

Fun offseason for sure.

Boomer said:
If that list is regulation, I would target the following players as a priority:

LeCharles Bentley - C/G - New Orleans
Vince Manuwai - LG - Jacksonville
Will Allen - CB - NY Giants
Gary Brackett - LB - Indianapolis
Will Witherspoon - LB - Carolina
Steve Hutchinson - G - Seattle.
Nate Clements - CB - Buffalo
Kimo Von Oelhoffen - DT/DE - Pittsburgh

I would imagine that Brackett, Hutchinson and Nate Clements will be re-signed.

I would think that players like:
Jeff Backus - OT - Detroit
Adam Archeluta - S - St Louis
Tank Williams - S - Tennessee
Tim Carter - WR - NY Giants
David Givens - WR - New England
Chris Hope - S - Pitt

........would all be on the target list.

Dave Ragone, Marquand Manuel, who has done a nice job since replacing Ken Hamlin and Tonio Fonoti are also players for consideration.

Boomer, why no Reggie Wayne? Are you down on him or just think he'll be to expensive as probably the top free agent WR? Don't dislike Booker and would like to retain him if he would restructure after signing Wayne. Could remove WR from a 2006 1rst day draft need (IMO)...especially if deal was worked out with Booker. Wayne would be an upgrade at starter with probably only a slightly higher cap hit.

Booker's cap hit (starting in 2006): 3.0 mill, 3.1 mill, 4.3 mill
Possible Wayne's hit (starting in 2006, based on CC's 6 yr/30 mill): 2.213, 3.266, 3.516 (+1 mill bonus).

list of 2006 free agents?

does anyone know where I could find that? I am interested to see who is available for the taking on the market.

PhinFan8589 said:
does anyone know where I could find that? I am interested to see who is available for the taking on the market.

NFL.com

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Hes old you spend the money on a younger player plus we are ok at RT with Carey or Alabi.

Alabi ??? did he play at all this year...give me a break...If Runyon is available at the right price, bring him...he's tough as nails and has played in championship teams.

MDFINFAN said:
Here's a list of guys that will be FA's next year...any you like...scroll down the page once you get there to see them.

Free Agents

NFL.com has the FA list by position

Back
Top Bottom