Merged: 2006 Free Agents | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: 2006 Free Agents

What a ridiculous statement. So you think that only the players that the press deem to let you know are good, are actually good? Of course you can disagree, but at least come up with a cognisent argument. Tell me why you think Brackett isn't a good player, rather than just "saying he is".

So Brian Kelly isn't one of the top 3/5 corners in football. Or is it Charles Woodson who the press like to talk up?

good to see you post again boomer, what do you think about will demps from baltimore ? and who is the qb you would like to get in next years draft that we could probably get with our draft position ?

Al13 said:
good to see you post again boomer, what do you think about will demps from baltimore ? and who is the qb you would like to get in next years draft that we could probably get with our draft position ?

Hi mate - nice to see you too.

Personally if I was going after a QB I'd only want to early on - Leinart and Brady Quinn. But Matt is going 1st or 2nd depending on who gets the 1st pick and I think Quinn will be staying at Notre Dame. I like Jay Cutler and the way he's developing. I could see him ending up a little like Patrick Ramsey in that he becomes reasonably well known on the national stage as the season rolls on and then slides into the bottom half of round 1 with a good workout.

Personally I think we need help in all areas. Yes we need a passer - whether that comes with a drafted QB or someone like Phil Rivers remains to be seen. Irregardless, I think it's unlikely we start a rookie in 2006. We are set of course at TB. We need a #1 WR. 2-4 we are good with Chambers, Booker and Welker and Gilmore can also be a strong contributor as a WR as well as being a borderline Pro Bowl player as a special teamer, a little like Alex Bannister was for Seattle a couple of years ago. TE we are set. On the offensive line, D'Brickashaw Ferguson to my mind is the best LT in the draft, but his intensity levels have been strongly questioned as has his long term commitment to the game. I think we really need to come out of free agency with Steve Hutchinson if at all possible. Seattle will not want to let him go, but they face the re-signature of Shaun Alexander this year and not only is he apace for 2000 yards, he could be a league MVP. He won't be cheap. Couple that with the fact that one of the leagues premier corners, Marcus Trufant is a year away from a major contract as well, might prove interesting. Seattle, much like New England, have done well with rotating players in and out up front. But to my mind Hutchinson would be a HUGE get for us. You could then contemplate putting Hadnot at C, Carey inside at RG and McIntosh, who's been our best lineman this season, at RT. That said, Carey has been really playing well on the right side, so who knows. Plus, the T and G spots are strong in this draft with guys like Sam Baker of USC (if he declares), Justin Blalock if he declares (Texas), Ferguson, the outstanding and hugely underrated Daryn Colledge, Inman at Georgia if he comes out, Marcus McNeil, Winston (both have struggled this year), Winston Justice, Jake Long if he declares, Jon Scott, a guy I really like Joe Thomas at OSU if he comes out, Whitworth at LSU, the kid at Cal, O'Callaghan, Jeremy Trueblood at BC.....and that's just tackles. Inside, you're looking at the supreme Max Jean Gilles who can play in or out, Davin Joseph, James Marten at BC who looks like he could become the next Chris Snee, Kasey Studdard if he declares and the kid at Hawaii, Samson Satele if he comes out, Jason Spitz at Louisville, etc.

On defense, we desperately need players at DT and a couple of young linebackers, one inside, one out. A guy like Bobby Carpenter has the prototype Saban size and he's a late 1, early 2 guy, Chad Greenaway is another, AJ Hawk, Kai Parham also has prototype Saban size. And we need a corner opposite Travis Daniels, who to my mind has played very well. Yes he's been beaten, but he's rarely out of position and rarely beaten by anything more than half a step. Plus he is the best tackler in the secondary. Jimmy Williams and Michael Huff are the top 2 prospects, but I think Williams will go to safety. Watch him backpeddle and he seems uncomfortable. Huff is just getting better and better. Plus he has great size and can tackle well. I know the kid Mitchell is there and Will Poole who I really like are both coming back from injury but their's no guarantee either can play. And we need a safety opposite Schulters. Brian Iwuh at Colorado is a big time prospect with Saban type size.

I'm not a huge Will Demps fan. I think Tank Williams is a guy that Saban will covet because of his size. He has plateaud a little, but as a rookie and into his 2nd year he was playing Pro Bowl level football.

Hope that helps some dude.

Boomer said:
Hi mate - nice to see you too.

Personally if I was going after a QB I'd only want to early on - Leinart and Brady Quinn. But Matt is going 1st or 2nd depending on who gets the 1st pick and I think Quinn will be staying at Notre Dame. I like Jay Cutler and the way he's developing. I could see him ending up a little like Patrick Ramsey in that he becomes reasonably well known on the national stage as the season rolls on and then slides into the bottom half of round 1 with a good workout.

Personally I think we need help in all areas. Yes we need a passer - whether that comes with a drafted QB or someone like Phil Rivers remains to be seen. Irregardless, I think it's unlikely we start a rookie in 2006. We are set of course at TB. We need a #1 WR. 2-4 we are good with Chambers, Booker and Welker and Gilmore can also be a strong contributor as a WR as well as being a borderline Pro Bowl player as a special teamer, a little like Alex Bannister was for Seattle a couple of years ago. TE we are set. On the offensive line, D'Brickashaw Ferguson to my mind is the best LT in the draft, but his intensity levels have been strongly questioned as has his long term commitment to the game. I think we really need to come out of free agency with Steve Hutchinson if at all possible. Seattle will not want to let him go, but they face the re-signature of Shaun Alexander this year and not only is he apace for 2000 yards, he could be a league MVP. He won't be cheap. Couple that with the fact that one of the leagues premier corners, Marcus Trufant is a year away from a major contract as well, might prove interesting. Seattle, much like New England, have done well with rotating players in and out up front. But to my mind Hutchinson would be a HUGE get for us. You could then contemplate putting Hadnot at C, Carey inside at RG and McIntosh, who's been our best lineman this season, at RT. That said, Carey has been really playing well on the right side, so who knows. Plus, the T and G spots are strong in this draft with guys like Sam Baker of USC (if he declares), Justin Blalock if he declares (Texas), Ferguson, the outstanding and hugely underrated Daryn Colledge, Inman at Georgia if he comes out, Marcus McNeil, Winston (both have struggled this year), Winston Justice, Jake Long if he declares, Jon Scott, a guy I really like Joe Thomas at OSU if he comes out, Whitworth at LSU, the kid at Cal, O'Callaghan, Jeremy Trueblood at BC.....and that's just tackles. Inside, you're looking at the supreme Max Jean Gilles who can play in or out, Davin Joseph, James Marten at BC who looks like he could become the next Chris Snee, Kasey Studdard if he declares and the kid at Hawaii, Samson Satele if he comes out, Jason Spitz at Louisville, etc.

On defense, we desperately need players at DT and a couple of young linebackers, one inside, one out. A guy like Bobby Carpenter has the prototype Saban size and he's a late 1, early 2 guy, Chad Greenaway is another, AJ Hawk, Kai Parham also has prototype Saban size. And we need a corner opposite Travis Daniels, who to my mind has played very well. Yes he's been beaten, but he's rarely out of position and rarely beaten by anything more than half a step. Plus he is the best tackler in the secondary. Jimmy Williams and Michael Huff are the top 2 prospects, but I think Williams will go to safety. Watch him backpeddle and he seems uncomfortable. Huff is just getting better and better. Plus he has great size and can tackle well. I know the kid Mitchell is there and Will Poole who I really like are both coming back from injury but their's no guarantee either can play. And we need a safety opposite Schulters. Brian Iwuh at Colorado is a big time prospect with Saban type size.

I'm not a huge Will Demps fan. I think Tank Williams is a guy that Saban will covet because of his size. He has plateaud a little, but as a rookie and into his 2nd year he was playing Pro Bowl level football.

Hope that helps some dude.

uuhh..nice
I agree that Hutchinson would be the best possible addition..Le charles bentley would be great too

Here is mine:

Resign-
HB Sammy Morris
FS Lance Schulters
WR Bryan Gilmore

I'd like us to look into-

DE Anthony Weaver- We need a DE/DT guy. Vonnie Holliday has been solid but unspectacular, and is more of a rotational player then starter at this point. If Manuel Wright/Vickerson arent ready, I'd like to see him looked at. He's only 25, as well.

TE Brandon Manumaleuna- 6'2" 288 pound TE. Has been a semi-disappointing player for St. Louis, but I think he's got the ability to be our version of Jim Kleinsasser.

DT Ryan Pickett- 6'2" 320 pound 2-gap DT. Only 26 years old, has just "come around" for the Rams. Could be a good player for Nose Tackle.

Boomer said:
What a ridiculous statement. So you think that only the players that the press deem to let you know are good, are actually good? Of course you can disagree, but at least come up with a cognisent argument. Tell me why you think Brackett isn't a good player, rather than just "saying he is".

So Brian Kelly isn't one of the top 3/5 corners in football. Or is it Charles Woodson who the press like to talk up?

At least name his teammate Rocky Calmus who is better.

Players I'm interested in:

David Givens
Tom Ashworth
Trey Teague
Angelo Crowell(RFA)
Nate Clements
Antwan Randle El
Verron Haynes
Chris Hope
Deshea Townsend
Antonio Bryant
Jon Kitna
Daniel Wilcox
Reggie Wayne
David Thornton
Akin Ayodele
Charles Woodson
Tony Richardson
Carlos Hall
Drew Brees
Reche Caldwell
Jon Runyan
Roderick Hood(RFA)
Will Allen
Tonu Fonoti
Corey Chavous
Jerry Azumah
Jeff Backus
Mike Flanagan
Grady Jackson
William Henderson
Najeh Davenport
Will Witherspoon
Lecharles Bentley
Fahikr Brown
Edell Shephard
Adam Archuleta
Trev Faulk (Good special teams player, I like him!)
Steve Hutchinson
Julian Peterson

If we sign five of those guys, I will be happy.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
At least name his teammate Rocky Calmus who is better.

Calmus better than Brackett? Well done for underlining your lack of NFL knowledge.

:shakeno:

If we sign five of those guys, I will be happy.
I would want oall of those guys but the last time I checked this isnt the salary capless MLB, and this team aint the NYY.

Boomer ?? How many corners do we need next year and how many starting corners do we need o get this secondary back in shape??

Well mate we have Daniels, Madison, Poole, Mitchell, Thomas, Jackson and Howard. Howard is gone at seasons end. Madison quite possibly as well. There is a lot of hope that Poole and Mitchell can become at worst the nickel and dime backs, meaning the end for Jackson and Thomas as well. I think they need a starter alongside Daniels. I don't think that will come in FA because the class is thin. I don't think it'll be Jimmy Williams either because I'm certain he's going to be a safety. Michael Huff would be a tremendous pick up. I know the hope is for Will Poole who has flashed big time potential and was my #1 corner coming out last season, but he's coming off the injury and is still raw.

I think in an ideal world, Poole and Mitchell are fit and play well, that they draft a corner and they bring in a veteran or keep Madision, but for a different financial package.

They also need a young safety to play next to Schulters, who without doubt should come back.

Boomer said:
Well mate we have Daniels, Madison, Poole, Mitchell, Thomas, Jackson and Howard. Howard is gone at seasons end. Madison quite possibly as well. There is a lot of hope that Poole and Mitchell can become at worst the nickel and dime backs, meaning the end for Jackson and Thomas as well. I think they need a starter alongside Daniels. I don't think that will come in FA because the class is thin. I don't think it'll be Jimmy Williams either because I'm certain he's going to be a safety. Michael Huff would be a tremendous pick up. I know the hope is for Will Poole who has flashed big time potential and was my #1 corner coming out last season, but he's coming off the injury and is still raw.

I think in an ideal world, Poole and Mitchell are fit and play well, that they draft a corner and they bring in a veteran or keep Madision, but for a different financial package.

They also need a young safety to play next to Schulters, who without doubt should come back.
Thanks Boomer.

Boomer said:

Boomer one other question, Is this kid Cutler from Vanderbilt the real deal?? and do you think the Fins might draft him and what round do you think he goes in??

Back
Top Bottom