Merged: 2006 Miami Dolphins Schedule | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: 2006 Miami Dolphins Schedule

Will the phins play on Thanksgiving Day in 2006

• Yes

Votes: 68 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 26.1%

• Total voters
FrankP said:
Why does it HAVE to be the Dolphins or Bills?

Because those are the ONLY 2 AFC teams they play at home next year. MUST be one of those games

rainmaker1313 said:
I cannot make any sense of your logic! :confused:

CBS owns the AFC package and FOX owns the NFC package. The rights to televise a game go to the visting team. If you look at the games this year, for example, the Carolina game was on FOX, Carolina was the visting team. When we played Tampa Bay the game was on CBS, we were the visting team. On Thanksgiving, the tv rights for FOX and CBS change each year, they rotate. This year CBS had the Denver at Dallas and FOX had the Atlanta at Detroit. Next season, the Dallas game will be on FOX and the Detroit game will be on CBS and since Detroit will only host two AFC games, it will be either Miami or Buffalo. Detroit goes to New York and New England.

MikeO said:
Sunday Night isn't minor anymore. MONDAY NIGHT is now the minor game.

I don't think a lot of people know that starting next season, the Monday night game is on cable.

FiN.in.RI said:
While they are at it they should make the game start at 8pm.

I know NBC is going to do an ESPN Style NFL PRIMETIME highlights/recap show prior to the Sunday Night Game. Since ESPN can't do Primetime anymore.

But Im guessing that Sunday Night game starts at 8:30.

It would be awesome to see Miami and Detroit on Thanksgiving. First, I love the throwbacks. And it gives me something to get excited about that day AND Detroit is a bad team that will have a rookie coach.

ih8brady said:
It would be awesome to see Miami and Detroit on Thanksgiving. First, I love the throwbacks. And it gives me something to get excited about that day AND Detroit is a bad team that will have a rookie coach.

THERE ARE NO MORE THROWBACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miami will get at least two primetime games. One on Sunday night, and one on Monday night.

rainmaker1313 said:
I cannot make any sense of your logic! :confused:
Makes perfect sense to me

CBS shows all AFC away games. Detroit only has two home games versus AFC opponents next year, meaning they will be on CBS. As Detroit hosted an NFC team this year for Thanksgiving, they will host an AFC team in 2006. Therefore CBS will have the Detroit schedule for thanksgiving next year, and as Detroit only have 2 games on CBS next year the only possible games for Thanksgiving at Detroit will be the Buffalo one or the Miami one, and we are hoping that Miami has better pull so that will be the one.

wait wait, i thought after this season, NBC was getting the afc package and cbs was gone!!! i hope that its not true that cbs is still having the afc games!!! THEY SUCK TERRIBLY!!!!! can anyone confirm this???

MNFINFAN said:
Makes perfect sense to me

CBS shows all AFC away games. Detroit only has two home games versus AFC opponents next year, meaning they will be on CBS. As Detroit hosted an NFC team this year for Thanksgiving, they will host an AFC team in 2006. Therefore CBS will have the Detroit schedule for thanksgiving next year, and as Detroit only have 2 games on CBS next year the only possible games for Thanksgiving at Detroit will be the Buffalo one or the Miami one, and we are hoping that Miami has better pull so that will be the one.

Bingo!

And I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night.:)

TheFallOfTroy54 said:
wait wait, i thought after this season, NBC was getting the afc package and cbs was gone!!! i hope that its not true that cbs is still having the afc games!!! THEY SUCK TERRIBLY!!!!! can anyone confirm this???

The NBC package is for the Sunday night games. ESPN takes over the Monday night package and ABC will go to NASCAR.

Back
Top Bottom