[MERGED] 25 million dollars for Smiley!? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] 25 million dollars for Smiley!?

Have you ever heard of Justin Smiley before tonight? Well said, just because Parcells signs him, he must be gold huh?

Actually, I remember lots of people clamoring for him when he came out of college. It was either here or on phins.com.

I don't think he's gold, but I do think he's a better fit than Rex Hadnot. And get ready to be shocked all over again when you see Rex get $25 million from someone. Big salaries are just the way it is.

exactly what im saying... whats with this love for justin smiley... WHO?! what? cause king parcells signs him, it must automatically mean hes gonna be good?... he was backup in his three or four year career.. alan fanecas market value is around 8 million... we got smiley for 5... for 3 more million, we couldve had the best Guard in FA.. im lost with this one.. and everyone seems to be so excited?

He became a starter half way through his rookie year, and he started all 16 games in 2005 and 2006. He started every game last year untill he got hurt and missed the second half of the season.

People should know the facts before they :yap:...

bottom line is that he is an instant upgrade over Hadnot.
and i have full confidence that Coach Sparano and Maser can coach him up to his full potential.

Ok I guess we have to get ready for all the nay sayers, the "world is falling" fans, and the "Parcells has no clue these moves are terrible" fans.

Most likely the same people who would want us to trade top draft picks for Anderson and Chad Johnson and overpay every big name on the market.

Let the :boohoo::boohoo:begin!!!

plus, faneca - 31, smiley - 26. you build for the future with a guy like this.

why didnt we just resign Hadnot and atleast have continuoity (sp?) on the line.. and Hadnot was a starter so he comes with experience

The only continuity we would carry over from our line last year is that it played continuously bad all season long. Carey and Satele figure to be the only returning starters and, truthfully, they're the only guys who played well enough to look like they could be contributors on a good o-line. We're also bringing in a new offense under a head coach who is an o-line guy. I am ecstatic that o-line is actually looking to be a priority again. Draft Jake Long at one and we're looking 4/5 positions that could be set for a long time. My only worry is that we lose Carey when his deal is up. I actually think he's been a good player and could really excel if/when he goes bakc to the right side.

good prudent signing. cant wait to see how our O-line materializes. it all starts in the trenches. im hoping that our first three picks will almost weigh a combined 1000lbs, unless a great CB (drc, talib, jenkins) falls to us at 32.

j.long
drc
bryant

How can some of you thing we should keep Hadnot??? We were 1-15, I see get rid of everyone except for Ronnie, Beck, Satele, Crowder, Veron Carey, and Ginn. I agree that this is an upgrade over Hadnot and I like how Parcells is trying to build up the line. The key to winning football games is the Offensive and Defensive Lines, GO FINS!!

i know and it is true, it all starts in the trenches thats where you need to start
carey/satele are the building blocks and now with smiley the wall is almost complete

i just cant fathom how the fins let the oline get as bad as it did and i cant believe how good ronnie has done with the line he had to work with

exactly. on the money

parcells and ireland are aggressive this offseason they got there **** together

This sounds great. Let's just hope his recent injuries don't become a problem.

Old guy injury prone coming off the best season he'll have as a professional

OR

Young guy, huge prospect playing well and on the rise for much less money

Im gonna have to trust the best football executive in my lifetime on this one.

Back
Top Bottom