Merged 2X: A BreedingGround/our ppl/Perspective/Dolphin News | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: A BreedingGround/our ppl/Perspective/Dolphin News

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Perspective

Before anyone blows a gasket lets all just remember that the phins always suck in preseason. The thing that is most worrying is the injuries but hopefully they are mostly minor stuff. Although it does make me wonder who they have as a conditioning coach because it's not a coincidence/fluke with so many consistent injuries happening. Or maybe restricting the hitting in practice is backfiring. Who knows.

On the plus side is that other guys are getting the chance to play. I doubt Sage, Simmons, Tolver, Stemke would have gotten much of a chance to play in this one if it weren't for injuries.

All I can take out of this one is that we do have some half way decent depth. You have to if your coming back in this game with half your team out on injury :tongue:

Just hope that all these injuries aren't bad although it sounds like Ed Perry's gone and Moore might be out for a couple weeks.

My perspective.

Without an improvement in the pass protection of the left side of the offensive line, the Dolphins are going nowhere.

Originally posted by ZOD
My perspective.

Without an improvement in the pass protection of the left side of the offensive line, the Dolphins are going nowhere.

Yah based off what......a couple replays on sports center? Face it your all locked into it now and there is nothing they could do to change your mind. Like Dixon/Spriggs last year was so much better :tongue:

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Yah based off what......a couple replays on sports center?

Not to mention the sack shown on sports center Griese pumped the ball twice and couldn't pull the trigger. I couldn't see coverage but he had time to get rid of it or hit somebody. It didn't appear to be that bad of protection againct a GREAT D line that already has game time under their belt this year.

It was the first preseason game.........I did not expect anything else.

I didn't like was seau getting burnt for the 25yd pass.

I did however like the way simmons and tolver were making the catches. Also Rogers stepped up when the game was on the line (face it we would have kicked if it were a regular season game)

We definetly have to work on the fumbles................

On a Great positive note NO INTERCEPTIONS were thrown by Griese and Rosenfels....thats great to me.

If the number 5 is what I heard in relation to the word fumbles...

There's a whole nother issue up here.

It's called discipline.

Dolphins News

Has anyone read the after game news article from Jeff Miller in the Miamiherald.com? This guy absolutely blasted our Dolphins after the game vs. Tampa. Read here -->

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/6494041.htm

Then he had the gall to title his article with words like, "...perspective". He basically said our team was pathetic, but keeping things in perspective, I think his knowledge about football is pathetic. We had our second string QB (Griese) start the game, our team didn't even see tape of the Bucs until game day (no real game planning), we only had our base defense in, and that pass play that got away from Seau is where he was picked off by Keyshaun (illegal). I'm sure I could come up with more reasons and this is just an exhibition game. Someone needs to tell that guy to have a little patience and learn some football. Either that or he should write about car theft in Miami.

If you want to read about someone with good perspective, read some of Ethan Skolnick's article (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...g09,1,6148135.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front). This guy has the bigger picture in mind.

I cannot speak for everyone, but living out of state, I depend on writers to give me good information. I prefer facts, but opinions are good if someone knows a little bit about football. Perhaps someone out there might have other opinions. I welcome it.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Yah based off what......a couple replays on sports center? Face it your all locked into it now and there is nothing they could do to change your mind. Like Dixon/Spriggs last year was so much better :tongue:

Dude, your missing the whole point.

It was the problem last year. It's going to be the problem this year. Do ME a favor, watch the passing replays over and over. Watch Dixon. Pressure from that side 40% of the time is unacceptable.

listen up yall. this game means nothing. We showed alot last week and decided this week we were going to sit alot of people, like we have been, and just go vanilla. The only downside to anything right now is the injuries which i think happen when you have this half hearted attitude crap. That is why i think gruden wants to win in preseason so bady, cus he wont let losing slip into their minds.
I expect a tough week of practice. The real team will show up when all of our starters get in there.
I totally expected us to be flat last night. with fiedler out it sends a message that wanny doesnt give a damn about this game other than to check out alot of rookies!

I just cannot deal with you people anymore.

You watch ONE preseason game in which we didn't gameplan and you're upset that the Bucs one-upped us. Brian Griese took 25-second drops and yet you think "he didn't have any pass protection."

The Bucs ran a flea flicker and reverse. We ran a run straight up the middle and a roll-out. Gruden CHALLENGED A CALL. The Bucs prey off of this hype (and who can blame them, they've sucked for so long that this must be refreshing) and came in trying to prove something. I think our game plans were a little different; "crush these guys" versus "don't get hurt."

I will admit that there are a couple positions in which it doesn't matter as much that it's preseason. I think one of those positions is WR... Chambers should have made that catch. But it is still preseason and people are not going all-out. Plus, this is our first pre-season debut and we are not going to show the world any defensive schemes.

The same exact thing happens every year, and everyone gets their panties all in a bunch because A) Fiedler throws 3 picks B) Ricky only gets 6 yards in like 5 carries [see last year's preseason] C) We get the short end of the stick on the 13 plays in which the starters were in. Do you honestly believe that people just "got worse" from last year? We're coming back with the same starters (minus Seau and Knight), and it's not like they forgot how to play football over the break.

Talk to me in a month, and if we play like this in the regular season, I'll eat crow... but until then, get a nice tall glass of water and a Midol and relax, it's going to be ok.

A Breeding Ground for Idiots

Has to be this forum.

I am shocked to the extreme to see so many fans dishing on the team and players over the first preseason game of the year.

You have got to be kidding right?

It's Preseason! It doesn't mean jack.

Some things where obvious last night:

1. Griese is still learning the system and is having to "think" through the plays. Hell the Vets are saying how they understand the Norv system better after playing in it for a full year. To expect Griese to grasp it in three weeks is ridiculous.

2. The O line did not give enough protection for anyone to "Think".

3. The Bucs game planned and where there to win. Who the hell runs reverses in Preseason?

4. After only 2 weeks of camp this was the Fins first game situation.

5. The Fins so called "starting lineup" was without Surtain, McNight, & Fiedler.

But man I tell you. The fans who jump on here and worry if Seau is "damaged goods" or "Griese Sucks" or the "O Line is in trouble" based on the first preseason game are just idiots.

C'mon people don't embarrass our fan base by acting like all of this preseason stuff means something. There are no game plans. The starters are playing at nowhere near full intensity. And most of the people who see the action are new.

It is nothing to worry about. What you should look at instead is who made plays? Did the young guys produce and win thier individual matchups?

Never does the preseason interpret into regular season success or failure. It is just a glorifed scrimmage.

So relax. Have a fun with it. And for God's sake get your hand away from that panic button.

Aww cmon fin-atic. It's been a long off season and a frustrating 2002 season for finfans. You have new aquisitions and possibly the best team talent seen in a long time. All the media hype has gotten to your fellow finfans and I'm sure they were disappointed to see that hype not living up to it's potential. Sure it's only a preseason game but expectations are very high. I don't think their disappointments are far from idiotic. Some people are overly hyped that even preseason is a very important game to them. Especially since your team is in the hardest div. of fottball, people are starting to compare preseason games within the division.

If people were excited about the fins performance against the titans, they can also be disappointed about last nights performance. Hardly idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom