Merged 2X: A BreedingGround/our ppl/Perspective/Dolphin News | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: A BreedingGround/our ppl/Perspective/Dolphin News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by finfan54

that may be so but these people believe what they read. and that is a sad state of affairs. kind of like bills fans believing they are going to the super bowl every year when they go 4-12 and 8-8.

Nothing I've said was smack. I wasn't talking about the bills. I was talking about a finfan implying this place is a breeding ground for idiotic finfans. If there was an idiotic post on this thread ,it's this one I just quoted you on.

Why do some finfans like yourself love to generalize? Even if some predict the bills to go to the sb, it's no worse than some saying the fins are going undefeated. Should I generalize as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
our ppl are morons

r u kidding me? u know these guys are halfassing it out there to avoid injuries. for the pessimists out there relax...preseason is for the rookies and to check them out.really ppl get it together our team is going to be fine when our REAL team goes out. i hate hearing all these fairweather opinions, its ridiculous.

I know, seriously. From the feeling from everyone at the game, it honestly didnt feel like even a loss. We could have just kicked the field goal and tied it, but whats the point, to risk injury in overtime? We went for it, we dropped it, who cares. It's only the preseason. Hey, the undefeated team actually lost a game or two in the preseason, and we all know how they ended up.

I completely disagree. They had better not be half-assing it when they're out there. This isn't practice. This isn't walkthru's. This is a game. And when you're in a game, you had better not be half-a$$ing it.

Tampa Bay certainly didn't look like they were half-a$$ing it. I don't think we can draw too much from this game. I think they'll play much better next week.

But in regards to not playing hard in the preseason, that's just mularky. Every time you step on that field, you'd better be going 100%.

Originally posted by Muck
I completely disagree. They had better not be half-assing it when they're out there. This isn't practice. This isn't walkthru's. This is a game. And when you're in a game, you had better not be half-a$$ing it.

Tampa Bay certainly didn't look like they were half-a$$ing it. I don't think we can draw too much from this game. I think they'll play much better next week.

But in regards to not playing hard in the preseason, that's just mularky. Every time you step on that field, you'd better be going 100%.

true...half-assing it? Wake up please...the Dolphins came off an extremely dissapointing season with a lot to prove next year, and who do they play their first preseason game?...none other then the world champs, who drove right down the field on your D twice....if they were half-assing it, then that is not a good sign at all....they should have a fire lit under their asses

ok any real athlete
who has played any sport knows when a game isnt real u dont risk injury by goin for real. im sure thats what they are all trying to avoid . preseason is for the young guys tryin to make the team...thats it, if not the new veterans would play more.

You must have been a sh*tty athlete. That or you played on some poorly coached teams. :jk:

Seriously, I guess the Tampa Bay Buccaneers aren't real athletes then, right?? Because they sure went balls-to-the-wall. It's not up to the players to decide how hard to go. They're job is to go 100% under those lights. It's the coach who makes the decisions. And the only decision he makes is how long does he leave the starters in there.

But you cannot even begin to convince me that Wanny would have condoned his first team D taking it easy last night. That's just asinine.

It is Pre-Season, we usually go 2-2 in Pre-Season...it is no reason to fret.
Just to underscore the point, the undefeated year followed a preseason that began 0-2 and finished 2-2. No I don't remember it, it's just from history.

I am shocked to the extreme to see so many fans dishing on the team and players over the first preseason game of the year.

I agree with you, but aren't you the guy that posted all that stuff after the first week of free agency?

Sorry, I don't mean for it to , but I guess there's no way for this not to come across as trying to start something with you... this just seems to represent a significant flip-flop for you on the whole patience as a virtue thing.

VERY sorry if you're not the guy I'm remembering... ;)

Griese went 3/4 for 15 yards and a sack against the Bucs 1st team D.

My only worries is the injurys and the fumbles and the can work on holding on to the ball better. Remeber for all the bad play we were a 2pt conversion away from winning, not that matter to anybody but gruden

Muck is 100 percent right. For all those who have play the game, you have to come out there to win and to play hard even if its an exebition game or a seasonal game. For a fact, the things that bugged me were sh*t like chris chambers ugly drop. Give me a breka how can you drop t hat pass, what were you looking at?

Pre-season is a chance for your rookie men to feel how an nfl game is and it was good to hear that it was fun, like corey jenkins said. With that in mind..... pre-season is also a place
where you want to make hte most of yoru mistakes or put yourself in a situation that you know your players can handle. Just because its pre-season it doesn't mean it doesn't count, and yes it does.

Preseason doesn't count. I have seen too many teams look like fire during the preseason. Having their first strings KILL the other teams first strings and then go on to have a 6-10 season. I have seen teams look like absolute crap. Hell the great cowboy teams sucked during the preseason, starters and all. One of the greatest players in Dolphin history was HORRIBLE during the preseason. That player being Dan Marino.

Preseason is mostly a show for rookies and people trying to make the team. It is also a time for the first stringers to gel a little.

Plus Tampa already had a preseason game. A game to work off the cobwebs.

Nobody's saying that the team will suck because of what happened last night. At least I hope not. We're just focusing on this game by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom