Merged 2X: A BreedingGround/our ppl/Perspective/Dolphin News | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: A BreedingGround/our ppl/Perspective/Dolphin News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need to backup on the "idiot" statement, fin. I don't see very much of these extremes you say this board is largely guilty of.

I also disagree on the OL statement. He had plenty of time to throw on almost every play. Greise just didn't get rid of the ball. If Fiedler could have been in there, $10 says he suffers no sacks.

I agree with ya infiltrate. And I want to add that Gruden is a nut. The guy acted like this was a very important game or something. He just wanted to keep that so-called invincible aura around their team to show what? That the Bucs can beat the Fins even with their new additions? C'mon Chucky relax and please, oh no don't throw all of your plays at us, we'll fold up and quit, go back to our locker room and cry. Shhh Gruden, stop cussing at your players when they make a mistake. This pre-season game for Wan and the boys, like Seau said," It's only a stepping-stone."

Re: A Breeding Ground for Idiots

Originally posted by fin-atic
Has to be this forum.

I am shocked to the extreme to see so many fans dishing on the team and players over the first preseason game of the year.

You have got to be kidding right?

It's Preseason! It doesn't mean jack.

Some things where obvious last night:

1. Griese is still learning the system and is having to "think" through the plays. Hell the Vets are saying how they understand the Norv system better after playing in it for a full year. To expect Griese to grasp it in three weeks is ridiculous.

2. The O line did not give enough protection for anyone to "Think".

3. The Bucs game planned and where there to win. Who the hell runs reverses in Preseason?

4. After only 2 weeks of camp this was the Fins first game situation.

5. The Fins so called "starting lineup" was without Surtain, McNight, & Fiedler.

But man I tell you. The fans who jump on here and worry if Seau is "damaged goods" or "Griese Sucks" or the "O Line is in trouble" based on the first preseason game are just idiots.

C'mon people don't embarrass our fan base by acting like all of this preseason stuff means something. There are no game plans. The starters are playing at nowhere near full intensity. And most of the people who see the action are new.

It is nothing to worry about. What you should look at instead is who made plays? Did the young guys produce and win thier individual matchups?

Never does the preseason interpret into regular season success or failure. It is just a glorifed scrimmage.

So relax. Have a fun with it. And for God's sake get your hand away from that panic button.

I agree.

Except the only guy who has a game plan for preseason is Gruden..and that was easily noticeable. We couldn't have ran a more basic run D then last night, heh.

Originally posted by justafan
Aww cmon fin-atic. It's been a long off season and a frustrating 2002 season for finfans. You have new aquisitions and possibly the best team talent seen in a long time. All the media hype has gotten to your fellow finfans and I'm sure they were disappointed to see that hype not living up to it's potential. Sure it's only a preseason game but expectations are very high. I don't think their disappointments are far from idiotic. Some people are overly hyped that even preseason is a very important game to them. Especially since your team is in the hardest div. of fottball, people are starting to compare preseason games within the division.

If people were excited about the fins performance against the titans, they can also be disappointed about last nights performance. Hardly idiotic.

Yeah, but there has already been posts of "Griese sucks" and the guy has been here 2 months. He didn't do a bad job really..

Originally posted by infiltrateib
I just cannot deal with you people anymore.

You watch ONE preseason game in which we didn't gameplan and you're upset that the Bucs one-upped us. Brian Griese took 25-second drops and yet you think "he didn't have any pass protection."

The Bucs ran a flea flicker and reverse. We ran a run straight up the middle and a roll-out. Gruden CHALLENGED A CALL. The Bucs prey off of this hype (and who can blame them, they've sucked for so long that this must be refreshing) and came in trying to prove something. I think our game plans were a little different; "crush these guys" versus "don't get hurt."

I will admit that there are a couple positions in which it doesn't matter as much that it's preseason. I think one of those positions is WR... Chambers should have made that catch. But it is still preseason and people are not going all-out. Plus, this is our first pre-season debut and we are not going to show the world any defensive schemes.

The same exact thing happens every year, and everyone gets their panties all in a bunch because A) Fiedler throws 3 picks B) Ricky only gets 6 yards in like 5 carries [see last year's preseason] C) We get the short end of the stick on the 13 plays in which the starters were in. Do you honestly believe that people just "got worse" from last year? We're coming back with the same starters (minus Seau and Knight), and it's not like they forgot how to play football over the break.

Talk to me in a month, and if we play like this in the regular season, I'll eat crow... but until then, get a nice tall glass of water and a Midol and relax, it's going to be ok.

Yeah, you didn't see us blitzing 8-9 people on 3rd downs ;). Flat out, Gruden game planned and we did not..that's all there is to it. The fumbles and catches need to be addressed though.

A Breeding Ground for Idiots

Has to be this forum.

I am shocked to the extreme to see so many fans dishing on the team and players over the first preseason game of the year.

...how many fans "dishing???" on the team....

I believe the word you're looking for is DISSING.

Well at least you picked a proper title for this thread:lol:

Well I know it is only preseason but I want Wanny to have that Killer instinct, besides we played timid and got hurt why not play hard and get hurt to me this is just setting the mindset for the season same ol'
philosophy,("thats ok theres always next week") Dave needs to change the game plan and do it now! Not three weeks from now or three months from now December will be here fast and we need to change the mindset NOW.

Here is what I mean, every snap every play
we need to kill, go for the throat on both sides of the ball the players will not get over their knack for giving up when times get tough until they are deprogramed. The only way that is going to happen is from the very first snap till the very last... they are a machine and nothing is going to get in their way. This type of philosophy is what this team needs.

Like I said I know this is only preseason but our problem does not come from our lack of talent it comes from the lack of confidence and last night was just one small brick in the wall to another losing season IMO. Not only did Miami lose but they were so injured that we had what 30% of the team with some sort of injury? I am not even a player and I'm worried as **** about the way we look right now,
I can't imagine what is going through the teams head. Chucky's got his team winning early and often thats what wins SB"s........

The fans are upset because they have seen it too many times not to know what a losing season looks like from the start. When the players and coaches change ther ways so will the fans.

All of this will pass. No worries. It was a letdown from last week.

huh...

What are you talking about killer instinct???? We went for it on fourth down twice, and we went for the two point conversion, which IMHO should have been caught.. If we converted that play would you be saying this???

Like I said I know this is only preseason but our problem does not come from our lack of talent it comes from the lack of confidence and last night was just one small brick in the wall to another losing season IMO. Not only did Miami lose but they were so injured that we had what 30% of the team with some sort of injury? I am not even a player and I'm worried as **** about the way we look right now,

A win means nothing in pre-season...

I think if we would've played any harder, we probably would've picked up a win and lost the rest of our season becasue one of our Key players got injured. You need some perspective man, no diss, but damn This game is an exact copy of last year's preseason game with the Bucs.. Fiedler was rusty and learning a new offensive playbook. This year Griese was Rusty and learning a new offensive playbook...

Keep in Mind we lost by one point, and we started our second string QB... You are blowing this game way out of proportion

It is Pre-Season, we usually go 2-2 in Pre-Season...it is no reason to fret.

Has to be this forum.

1. Griese is still learning the system and is having to "think" through the plays. Hell the Vets are saying how they understand the Norv system better after playing in it for a full year. To expect Griese to grasp it in three weeks is ridiculous.

3. The Bucs game planned and where there to win. Who the hell runs reverses in Preseason?

5. The Fins so called "starting lineup" was without Surtain, McNight, & Fiedler.

But man I tell you. The fans who jump on here and worry if Seau is "damaged goods" or "Griese Sucks" or the "O Line is in trouble" based on the first preseason game are just idiots.

C'mon people don't embarrass our fan base by acting like all of this preseason stuff means something. There are no game plans. The starters are playing at nowhere near full intensity. And most of the people who see the action are new.

It is nothing to worry about. What you should look at instead is who made plays? Did the young guys produce and win thier individual matchups?

Never does the preseason interpret into regular season success or failure. It is just a glorifed scrimmage.

So relax. Have a fun with it. And for God's sake get your hand away from that panic button.

great post by a closet Bill fan:)

Originally posted by justafan
Aww cmon fin-atic. It's been a long off season and a frustrating 2002 season for finfans. You have new aquisitions and possibly the best team talent seen in a long time. All the media hype has gotten to your fellow finfans and I'm sure they were disappointed to see that hype not living up to it's potential. Sure it's only a preseason game but expectations are very high. I don't think their disappointments are far from idiotic. Some people are overly hyped that even preseason is a very important game to them. Especially since your team is in the hardest div. of fottball, people are starting to compare preseason games within the division.

If people were excited about the fins performance against the titans, they can also be disappointed about last nights performance. Hardly idiotic.

that may be so but these people believe what they read. and that is a sad state of affairs. kind of like bills fans believing they are going to the super bowl every year when they go 4-12 and 8-8.

I don't remember the last time we won our first preseason game, I don't think this matters at all.

Has to be this forum.

Its not just that we were without starters but some starters who played have not been playing at all. its obvious they are rusty. what did anyone expect after a bad week of practice and fiedler suddnely has a back pain. yeh right, a back pain that makes everyone think the sky is falling already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom