MERGED 2X:Can I slap skip bayless for this comment\ESPN forgot Fins in AFCE | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X:Can I slap skip bayless for this comment\ESPN forgot Fins in AFCE

WestCoastPhins

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Can I slap skip bayless for this comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=nfl/week4/damn-moment

"Still, the Patriots' Tuck Rule luck hasn't quite run out. They'll still almost certainly win the AFC East by default, because the Jets lost quarterback Chad Pennington and the Bills are without defensive ramrod Takeo Spikes."

And to repeat what has been said many times.

Last I checked Skip <expletivly deleted>, the dolphins were in first place and looking good in there games comparted to the three other AFC East teams. Bills offense is struggling and defense is not as good without spikes. Jets look even worse on O. I mean pennington wasnt that great but they are much worse brooks in there. And NE D has looked pitiful lately and the offense is becoming vanilla. Oh and the dolphins despite loosing to the jets in a close game, beat the panthers(superbowl favorites) who beat the pats your team to win by default, and beat the broncos horribly who now look to be an team thats playing great, but somehow looked weak in miami. Explain how pats win it by default you stupid <insert more profanities directed towards skip>.

I dont really think people fully understand that this team will be adding the 2002 (I think that was the year) NFL rushing leader to this offense in a weeks time.

Not looking past the Bills, because that will be a hard fought road game. We have to win that, however, if we end up 3-1 and we get RW back, we are now a very dangerous team.

RW is a great player that can take over games. McMichael is a outstanding TE, Chambers is a top notch (not dominating yet) WR, and RB is a true talent. As long as the OL and Gus continue to play well, we are a very dangerous team.

I dont understand how people can simply over look how this team will be adding a pro bowl RB, with HOF talent, to this team and STILL be down on us!? Even with the way our defense is playing and how we've won playing 'sloppy' football?!

I just cant wait until we cut out all the mistakes or at least reduce them greatly and RW is back.

Guys its only 3 games into the season, no one is going to pick us to win the division. The Pats still are the favorites to win it. They got beat by Buffalo what 31-0 early in the year then went onto the superbowl? Losing always hurts but the Pats arent done because they played bad this week.

finfansince72 said:
Guys its only 3 games into the season, no one is going to pick us to win the division. The Pats still are the favorites to win it. They got beat by Buffalo what 31-0 early in the year then went onto the superbowl? Losing always hurts but the Pats arent done because they played bad this week.

Guys, I dont know how you can hang onto the fact that losing your OC/DC, Teddi Bruschi, Ted johnson, Keith Traylor, Harrison, and now it looks like #93 is hurting in his knee........I dont know how you cannot see reality starting to hit. :goof: You would have to be a complete idiot not to start turning your point of view around a little. This season will be different. It was the moment Nick Saban was hired.

The Dolphins have played 3 games and have won 2, coming off a 4-12 season last year. Although i cant stand Bayless, can you really blame him for his comment about the Pats? I happen to agree with him, except the fact that now i think Miami will be second on the AFC East and be around 500. That doesn't mean the Pats will win it by DEFAULT because their schedule is extremely tough right now, and when they play Miami, Buffalo and New York they wont have an easy time either. But this guy is an idiot, i dont even watch Cold Pizza because i cant stand anything he says. He's terrible......

Nightfox said:
Good. I hope people keep writing the Dolphins off. Makes it easier to win when being overlooked by the opposition.

Don't confuse being overlooked by the media with being overlooked by the opposition!! Trust me, Buffalo, although weakened will be ready to play the 2005 Dolphins, as will the Pats and every other team we play this year. Even so, I say we go 9-7 at least this year!!

finfansince72 said:

Amen and WCFin, we haven't been that impressive...we have won two games and had a chance to beat the Jests...that makes us improved over last year, but not at the level that we are challenging anyone for anything yet. It's just too early in the year to worry about that. Yes, the Patsis, Jills and Jests had bad games, but should we go up to Barfalo and lose, we will be in the same predicament that the rest are in, perhaps worse because our losses will be division losses...lets not count our chickens just yet every time the media folks don't praise our last victory...

What do you guys expect? The Patriots have won 3 out the last 4 SuperBowls.
Of course the media is going to hang on their jocks until they give some indication that they've weakened-and losing 2 games isn't much of an indication.
That's just the way the media plays. They love the front runner because it's the easy safe pick. That may be why the Dolphins dont' get much love these days; for quite a few years we would get picked to make some noise in the playoffs, then either not go or choke if we did.
Anyway the year that the Patriots won their 1st SB no one outside the Patriot fanbase gave them much of a chance. The media had already all but awarded the Rams the trophy.

Nightfox said:
Good. I hope people keep writing the Dolphins off. Makes it easier to win when being overlooked by the opposition.

Absolutely correct Sir ! ;)

Nightfox said:

I also hope this trend continues. Because if and when we win the division, I hope some of these sports columnists will eat crow in their own columns. :rofl3:

"Um, yes Ladies man...I have to say that I agree i with that last caller...you are crazy b!tch"

Skip you suck. Either you are heavily forced into submission by your superiors, hence the reason you continue on the Patsie Bandwagon, or you are indefinitely stupid and may a quick death follow.

I'm with you all on the whole "why are they still blowing the Pats" on a weekly basis. They barely beat Pitt, shouldn't have if the refs weren't sleeping with them as well (52 extra seconds), they got smashed by San Diego AT HOME, and they also lost to Carolina. A team that we should have smashed had we not blown some coverage on a certain Steve Smith. So I just don't get it.

I think our division games are going to be tough because we still have questionable areas with flashes of brilliance...just give me some more consistence and I will become the homer I long to be. But with our opponents entering the "back against a very steep wall" area...that makes them dangerous. So...in a way...I guess I enjoy a guy like Skip Bayless...he adds to the bulletin board material. That way when we win we have tons of evidence for his prompt firing and neutering. HA! But seriously. :D

HAHA, wow. The Pats will win the AFC East by default and no mention of the fins? HAHAHA. What an ignorant homer.

late again said:
What do you guys expect? The Patriots have won 3 out the last 4 SuperBowls.

Yea, and they've lost their OC, their DC, how many starters, two games out of four, first home loss in 2 years, etc? It's crumbling baby.

Think Dallas, 49ers, etc. A team that makes a long run, falls for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom