Merged 2X: Could the game be cancelled? / Change of Venue | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Could the game be cancelled? / Change of Venue

Ok, whoever said put them in the parking lot or let them burn, you are truly ignorant. I'm not going to go down to your level and hope that a fire hits your house and you then have nowhere to go, but I'm sure other people will think it. Sorry to all you idiots out there, but the safety of however many people are having to evacuated is much more important than a football game.

The game, if it matters at all in the playoffs, would probably be played after week 17 is my guess. No other time to play it, unless they play on Tuesday if the fire is better after Monday night. But if it has any playoff implications, it will be played, no doubt about that.

Originally posted by dusty_hog
Ok, whoever said put them in the parking lot or let them burn, you are truly ignorant.
i'm sure chambers was just kidding. i think he was just emphasizing how important dolphin games were to him!:rolleyes:

Wasn't that '97 because of Game 7 of the WS? I know the Fins lost it to the Bears, that's all I remember. Where did this rumor come from is what I want to know. I just checked NFL.com and chargers.com....nothing is said about the fire. The residents and the officials in California know that there's supposed to be something going on at Qualcomm tomorrow night, so I highly doubt that they would use that area tomorrow too.

Originally posted by dusty_hog
Wasn't that '97 because of Game 7 of the WS? I know the Fins lost it to the Bears, that's all I remember. Where did this rumor come from is what I want to know. I just checked NFL.com and chargers.com....nothing is said about the fire. The residents and the officials in California know that there's supposed to be something going on at Qualcomm tomorrow night, so I highly doubt that they would use that area tomorrow too.
i'm pretty sure you're right about the year!;)

update on cancellation

I just spoke with security at Qual and he told me 'they' are in a meeting as we speak to decide weather or not we will have a game tomorrow night. I'll get back to you if and when I know more.

There is no way in hell they cancle a pro football game.
There is nothing on ESPN.com or anywhere about this. This is one of those stories that gets blown out of proportion.

there are legal contracts involved. they have to allow the game and the TV coverage. this is MNF. there will be mega-lawsuits. the game will happen, trust me. they will move the refugees.

if anything it will be moved to PPS... i know it's short notice but thats what will happen. IF** we can't do it in SD it'll proabably be a tuesday, or thursday game.

this game happens.

Originally posted by dolfan06
i'm sure chambers was just kidding. i think he was just emphasizing how important dolphin games were to him!:rolleyes:

Exactly!

Damn dolfan06, thanks for having humor in you! Some people are just so boring & they have none..

Shoot, go to Oakland or somewhere and play the game!

Play in L.A. They haven't had a game in what, 8 years?? Move it to the Rose Bowl. ;)

Originally posted by Ethan 55
On a football note, living next to Qualcomm Stadium, I can't see how they could possibly play a game here tomorrow night unless there's a miracle rain-storm. The air is just filled with ash and smoke, no way you could breathe well enough to play a football game. On top of that, hundreds/thousands of people are being sent to Qualcomm Stadium as they're being evacuated from their homes. I don't know what would happen to the game as both teams have had their bye weeks already...

Not looking good, I got that from someone's post at KFFL. He lives in San Diego.

Monday Night Postponed

i heard the game is postponed due to wild fires.

Also they announced that Monday Night Football has been postponed. Maybe played on Tuesday or whenever since Qual Comm stadium is being used as an evacuation center. Monday night football was supposed to be San Diego VS. the Dolphins. Actually the Dolphins plane is stuck in the air and can't land anywhere at the moment. Maybe re-routed to LA !

Back
Top Bottom