Merged 2X: Dolphins begin preliminary talks with wide receiver Chris Chambers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Dolphins begin preliminary talks with wide receiver Chris Chambers

dolphan39 said:
we s/definitely extend Pat and/or RW to get enuf cash to sign CC l-t.

As far as OGun goes, it seems more and more like he will not contribute for us this year. I was a huge mistake to not have traded him before the draft #1 and not have let everyone kno he c/b had for less than a #1 and a #3. I can see us franchise tagging him next year, but not sure if we will have the cap space for that since that w/b about 6.5 mil (source http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1737954 ) Ugly, ugly, ugly :shakeno:
I think franchising him would be to strictly get something in return for him. The FO is playing their cards better then I would've ever expected. They sat back thought everything thru and IMO decided that getting Chambers long term is more important than AO. They're gonna redo Chambers' contract and prolly spend less then if they were to give Wally more or less what he wants. The ball is going to be in Wally's court now. He either plays this year and increases his value or sits out and depreciates his worth. Regardless were gonna get something back for him. Obviously, I would rather have him suited up for TC and the first game of the season but from what it seems, Wally isn't going to take anything less then what Wistrom got and I don't think that's gonna happen. He's awesome but right now I think any splashing the FO is going to make will be on the offensive side of the ball.

Take the money and get a real QB that makes receivers look good rather the receiver making the QB look good.

fin13 said:
Take the money and get a real QB that makes receivers look good rather the receiver making the QB look good.

It's not easy to just sign a good QB. Good QBs rarely hit free agency. We need to lock up Chambers and insure that he doesn't leave this team.

The problem is he wants super star money, this is a running team. Unless AJ turns into what we all hope, it is a waste to pay big $'s for 800 yards, as a matter of fact it would be a waste.

We need to lock up Chambers. He will be a Pro Bowl receiver this year if someone can get him the ball more. I think he will be very expensive after the season ends.

Al13 said:
no chambers jersey yet ???? :eek: :lol:
:shakeno: I haven't seen it sold in stores at all up here in NY. I'll have to start calling around and find out. I don't really want to deal with the internet.

Once I see Chambers AWAY (I want that crisp white jersey), it's mine.

Chambers is what you call a great person. he has played for a real less money than hes worth and has never complained.IMO hes earned it.i say we dump Wale and worry more about Chambers.

I just really beleve we should sign Chambers because if we don't we will be in the situation we were before signing Boston

Rumor Mill

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR

Miami Dolphins Updated:07/20/2004

The Dolphins are in early talks with receiver Chris Chambers regarding a contract extension, according to the Miami Herald. Chambers, meanwhile, is fully prepared to become an unrestricted free agent next spring. ... Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, reported no progress between his client and the Dolphins, according to the Palm Beach Post.

Back
Top Bottom