Merged 2x:Drew Henson is now available/Henson the the NFL's a go!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:Drew Henson is now available/Henson the the NFL's a go!!

BigFinFan

The Only Fin Fan in SD
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Drew Henson is now available!!!

Drew Henson's flirtation with a professional baseball career has officially ended, allowing the former University of Michigan quarterback to turn his attention to playing in the NFL.

Go get him Dan!

The Sports brothers reported that Houston is willing to take a 2nd round pick for him.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Well crap howdy! This thing is gonna be comin' down in a hurry one way or another.

Not in a hurry. I bet we don't hear anything substantial on it until closer to the draft.

First off nobody's gonna be trading for him before they see him work out and that won't be happening until sometime later this month. Second if ESPN has gauged the issue there's a bit of questioning whether or not Henson is going to want a trade or to just enter the draft.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Not in a hurry. I bet we don't hear anything substantial on it until closer to the draft.

First off nobody's gonna be trading for him before they see him work out and that won't be happening until sometime later this month. Second if ESPN has gauged the issue there's a bit of questioning whether or not Henson is going to want a trade or to just enter the draft.

This guy has proven one thing if nothing else....money matters. I can see him re-entering the draft because I'm not convinced he really gives a damn where he plays (which is really the only benefit to signing before the draft).

Does anybody have an idea of the rookie pool amount he'd likely expect to be offered by the Texans? And how this differentiates with what he could make in the draft if he went...say...#13?

He would get money equivalent to his drafting.

6th round = 6th round $$

Originally posted by BigFinFan
He would get money equivalent to his drafting.

6th round = 6th round $$

Oh HELL! I seriously doubt he'll sign then, unless one of the teams chasing him offers up some silly $$$.

He's already got money if money is his motivating factor rather than playing for a winner like miami with the best ever qb to go to for help than i wouldnt want him. i want players that bleed for the game like zach and JT and ricky williams and of course dan marino to those guys nothing is more important than winning and thats the kind of players i want. they have all played hurt and have all sacrificed their bodies for the success of the dolphins

Originally posted by Ct Fin Freak 13
He's already got money if money is his motivating factor rather than playing for a winner like miami with the best ever qb to go to for help than i wouldnt want him. i want players that bleed for the game like zach and JT and ricky williams and of course dan marino to those guys nothing is more important than winning and thats the kind of players i want. they have all played hurt and have all sacrificed their bodies for the success of the dolphins

Spoken from a Dolphins-fan perspective. Not everybody feels the Dolphins is a great team to be on.

And money's OBVIOUSLY a determining factor for this guy...Yanks offered him the $$$ and BAM! Off to shag grounders. I SO HATE BASEBALL!!! I know....off topic....just had to say it. :D

And money's OBVIOUSLY a determining factor for this guy

Gee, I would love to have the opportunity to just play some AAA baseball the next three years and be guaranteed $12 million for doing it.

You do realize that its very unlikely Henson will be getting $12 million in salary in his first three years WHATEVER contract he signs, don't you?

Dude was drafted by America's baseball dynasty and given a pile of cash because they were convinced he was going to be their next star 3rd baseman. Now he knows he'll never make it in the majors and he wants to go where he can actually play well. I'm not gonna criticize him.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Spoken from a Dolphins-fan perspective. Not everybody feels the Dolphins is a great team to be on.

And money's OBVIOUSLY a determining factor for this guy...Yanks offered him the $$$ and BAM! Off to shag grounders. I SO HATE BASEBALL!!! I know....off topic....just had to say it. :D

True I am a fan but miami is always above .500 so i cant see why anyone would not want to play here were always successfull and you know the organization is gonna do whatever it takes to win
true it may not always be the right decision's but they at least try. and since he's already a millionaire why should money matter. so if it matters this much to him I hope we dont get him

by the way im going to meps this friday to sign up for the army baring any unforeseen complications i will be enlisting friday than maybe ill change my name to ArmyFishFan

If money was all that mattered to him he would just sit out the remainder of his contract with the Yankees on the minor league bench. He is giving up 12 million, something that even the 13th pick in the draft wont get. Assuming he plays well enough to get a team to give up their 2nd rounder, he would probably get a deal modeled after the one the Cowboys gave to Hutchinson, a long term relativly low cost deal.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Gee, I would love to have the opportunity to just play some AAA baseball the next three years and be guaranteed $12 million for doing it.

You do realize that its very unlikely Henson will be getting $12 million in salary in his first three years WHATEVER contract he signs, don't you?

Dude was drafted by America's baseball dynasty and given a pile of cash because they were convinced he was going to be their next star 3rd baseman. Now he knows he'll never make it in the majors and he wants to go where he can actually play well. I'm not gonna criticize him.

Its a matter of his future bro. Why sit and take the $12M, when he'd be 3 years older and not desireable AT ALL to the NFL at that point. He drops baseball now, while he's still at least young and strong, and he's got a chance at developing into a franchise QB....which could EASILY overshadow what the Yankoffs were gonna pay him in just 3 years. Wise financial decision imo.

Edit: I'm not criticizing him for taking the money....why the hell shouldn't he? Everybody else is...its just his slice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Ct Fin Freak 13

True I am a fan but miami is always above .500 so i cant see why anyone would not want to play here were always successfull and you know the organization is gonna do whatever it takes to win
true it may not always be the right decision's but they at least try. and since he's already a millionaire why should money matter. so if it matters this much to him I hope we dont get him

by the way im going to meps this friday to sign up for the army baring any unforeseen complications i will be enlisting friday than maybe ill change my name to ArmyFishFan

STUD!

I think we should give up a second round next year for him if the texans will take it and then draft rivers in the first this year and let them fight for the starting roll. One of the two will end up being our starter in the long run. That way, no Brunell and we can draft WR in first this year to compliment Chambers and use everything else in FA to get OL. OUr D is solid, and there is little that we need to address on that side of the ball.

Originally posted by MiamiFan1354
I think we should give up a second round next year for him if the texans will take it and then draft rivers in the first this year and let them fight for the starting roll. One of the two will end up being our starter in the long run. That way, no Brunell and we can draft WR in first this year to compliment Chambers and use everything else in FA to get OL. OUr D is solid, and there is little that we need to address on that side of the ball.

Man if the team did that I'd be calling for Spielman's head on a platter. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom