Merged 2x:Drew Henson is now available/Henson the the NFL's a go!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:Drew Henson is now available/Henson the the NFL's a go!!

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Not in a hurry. I bet we don't hear anything substantial on it until closer to the draft.

First off nobody's gonna be trading for him before they see him work out and that won't be happening until sometime later this month. Second if ESPN has gauged the issue there's a bit of questioning whether or not Henson is going to want a trade or to just enter the draft.

I disagree as to the time frame. I believe this whole thing is going to come together very quickly following the workout as the teams that want to get their hands on him will act fast in order to keep the others from grabbing him out from underneath them. If I had to put a time line on it, I'd say Middle of March at the very latest.

Money don't matter to him, he was advised that if he would have gone in the draft he would have made a lot more in football then baseball. look at carr he makes like 6 mill a year, henson did'nt make close to that. he did it because he loved baseball and he was a lifelong fan of the yankees, when they traded him he told Cin. that he would play football and not sign with them so he does like to have control over were he plays and he will wan't to go to a good team

----henson and the yankees are no longer contractually obligated to one another.

----henson's workout will be thursday febuary 12th at noon for a select group of nfl teams (trade partners).

----it's casserly's understanding henson is partial to a trade rather then reentering the draft.

(wow!!!!!!!!)

for whatever reason its also been "my impression" any extra draft picks aquired would be for the 2005 draft. any news on wether thats the case or not?

This info was from huston fan site.

"This guy has proven one thing if nothing else....money matters."

I couldn't disagree more Navy. The guy could have finished his guaranteed contract with the Yankees for like 12 million dollars. But he left that on the table for the unknown because he knows he isn't ever going to be a baseball star. He wants to be in the big show and his only chance at that is now football. To me this guy already has his money. Now he wants the fame. he's a driven man who already knows the pitfalls of professional sports.

I don't think he is money driven on this one...

--Ross

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
why would we do that if they only want a second rounder in 2005?

I thought they wanted a 2nd rounder this year (i.e. First Rounder for 2005).

Could be wrong....but that's the way I saw it.

There was a settlement so it's not like he gave up ALL of the 12mil

I'd really have to sign him as a pre-cursor to the trade ala ATL and Price.

if theyd accept our first rounder next season(2005), id be all for it, for countless reasons i've mentioned in numerous other posts

I'm pretty sure the settlement was that he gets ZERO of that 12 million and the yankees agree not to pursue any of the money that he had been paid already.

clean break, no more money due to him, no money going back to yankees

Susrpingsly, from what I heard on KFFL.. the Steelers aren't as interested in Henson as many thought.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
if theyd accept our first rounder next season(2005), id be all for it, for countless reasons i've mentioned in numerous other posts

I'm pretty sure the settlement was that he gets ZERO of that 12 million and the yankees agree not to pursue any of the money that he had been paid already.

clean break, no more money due to him, no money going back to yankees

I would too...would be like Houston took out a loan on Henson. We'd keep the interest.

:D

Frankly the guy gives me the willys. He hasn't played football in two years, plus he has all that wear and tear from baseball on his knees.

We have no idea if he can play at the NFL level. I wouldn't give up too much for him. A 2005 #2 pick would be fine. There is no way I give up this years #1 for him when Rivers is there.

But if we could get him for a 2005 pick then we could turn our #1 pick this year into a badly needed lineman or WR.

the wear and tear for a young man on his knees from playing 3rd base in the minor leagues shouldnt be much of a concern, i was a third basemen myself for a while, never played QB in football, but i'd venture that would be more harmful to rivers knees than the third basemens...nonetheless, it shouldnt even be a factor.

question marks with both, future picks for henson enables us to keep our core and get better now with our current draft picks, while preparing for the future as well. thats the deal that should be done.

Back
Top Bottom