Merged 2x:Drew Henson is now available/Henson the the NFL's a go!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:Drew Henson is now available/Henson the the NFL's a go!!

Originally posted by fin-atic
Frankly the guy gives me the willys. He hasn't played football in two years, plus he has all that wear and tear from baseball on his knees.

We have no idea if he can play at the NFL level. I wouldn't give up too much for him. A 2005 #2 pick would be fine. There is no way I give up this years #1 for him when Rivers is there.

But if we could get him for a 2005 pick then we could turn our #1 pick this year into a badly needed lineman or WR.

Wear and tear from baseball!!!??? It's barely a sport and, unless you're counting the wear and tear on his butt from sitting on the bench for hours on end- as all baseball players do- then he's probably in pristine condition! :lol:

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
CHAMBERSOWNZ

Who would you wanna see come in at WR for the following:

1. FA
2. 1st rounder
3. 3rd rounder

You mean as a #2 WR?

Well, some theories:
-we can sign a #2 WR in FA, then draft a #3 in the 3rd/4th round
-we can sign a vet #2/#3 WR in FA, then draft a future/maybe 2004 #2 WR(like Clayton) in the 1st round

-We can keep Thompson and McKnight, and just stay with that :tongue:

There are tons of different scenarios, my favorite? I'd love to land Clayton in the first round and get a veteran slot WR in FA to be our #3 guy(like if Troy Brown gets cut). I would also love for Peter Warrick to become available, and we draft another WR in the 3rd or 4th.

That's why getting Henson for a future pick would go very well for this franchise. In that case, we could use our higher picks THIS YEAR, to get impact players FOR this year.

I think the idea of giving next year's pick is great because it gives us a year to develop him before paying the pick for it. I like both him and Rivers, but if we can get him this year for a pick next year, that tips the scale for me.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

You mean as a #2 WR?

Well, some theories:
-we can sign a #2 WR in FA, then draft a #3 in the 3rd/4th round
-we can sign a vet #2/#3 WR in FA, then draft a future/maybe 2004 #2 WR(like Clayton) in the 1st round

-We can keep Thompson and McKnight, and just stay with that :tongue:

There are tons of different scenarios, my favorite? I'd love to land Clayton in the first round and get a veteran slot WR in FA to be our #3 guy(like if Troy Brown gets cut). I would also love for Peter Warrick to become available, and we draft another WR in the 3rd or 4th.

That's why getting Henson for a future pick would go very well for this franchise. In that case, we could use our higher picks THIS YEAR, to get impact players FOR this year.

I hear ya. I wasn't clear enough with my question however.

Which specific player would you go with if you were picking a WR in round 3, if that was the only WR we went for between draft/FA?

Also, which FA would be your first choice if that was the only WR we picked up this year.

Seems to me that your scenarios were taking into account getting picks for Ogun, which I also think will happen, I'm just wondering who we go for if we only go for 1 WR.

I hear ya. I wasn't clear enough with my question however.

Which specific player would you go with if you were picking a WR in round 3, if that was the only WR we went for between draft/FA?

Also, which FA would be your first choice if that was the only WR we picked up this year.

Seems to me that your scenarios were taking into account getting picks for Ogun, which I also think will happen, I'm just wondering who we go for if we only go for 1 WR.

Oh okay, I getcha.

round 1- Mike Clayton
round 3- Keary Colbert
free agency- I don't know if you wonna list Warrick available, because he "may" be, but I like Darrell Jackson, excluding his inconsistent hands.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Oh okay, I getcha.

round 1- Mike Clayton
round 3- Keary Colbert
free agency- I don't know if you wonna list Warrick available, because he "may" be, but I like Darrell Jackson, excluding his inconsistent hands.

Reason I ask is because I really think 1 WR could make the difference...especially with a good QB in there. Kinda curious as to how the organization's looking at it. I guess we'll see in a month or so.

Thanks man.

"There was a settlement so it's not like he gave up ALL of the 12mil"

He got nothing. The settlement was the yankees wouldn't go after part of his signing bonus. He left the whole guaranteed 12Mil on the table...

NEWSFLASH: If Drew Henson clears MLB's waivers than the NFL's a go

http://www.gbnreport.com/

February 3
(12:01 AM):

QB Henson done with baseball...Houston QB Drew Henson took another step to returning to football when he reportedly reached an amicable agreement with the New York Yankees to end his baseball career. Henson, the former Michigan QB who has been in the Yankees minor league chain the past three years, agreed to forego all the $12M he is still guaranteed by the Yankees, but in exchange will not have to repay any of the money he has already received from the Yankees. Henson still must clear baseball waivers, but that is believed to be just a formality as no team is likely to want to pick up his salary for a minor league 3rd baseman who hit .234 last summer and struck nearly one out of every three at bats. Henson was a surprise 6th round pick by Houston at last April's draft when the Texans selected him with the idea of trading away his rights for a better pick at this year's draft. Henson, in fact, is currently working out at his agent's training facility in Bradenton Florida. Teams interested in his services will be able to check him out on February 12th when the Texans hold an open workout for Henson. Teams believed to be interested in Henson include Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Miami, Kansas City and Dallas. The Texans have until noon on April 23rd, the day before the draft, to make a deal for Henson, otherwise he goes back into the 2004 draft where he likely would be the #3 QB selected.

-------

My question is if he is the third QB to be taken in the next draft, why couldn't Miami draft him if they wanted too. Let's just say he wasn't traded to another team for arguments sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like the third QB taken may fasll to # 20 anyways.

I say let him enter the draft. This only makes Miami's chances at Rivers better if someone like Pitt really wants this guy.

I think the idea of giving next year's pick is great because it gives us a year to develop him before paying the pick for it. I like both him and Rivers, but if we can get him this year for a pick next year, that tips the scale for me.

:lol: That's known as the "Whimpy philosophy" Remember the words "I'll gladly pay you tuesday...for a hambuger today"

Texan's GM wants a 1st rounder in this years draft for Henson according to that article. If that's the case I'd rather have Rivers, he's started for 4 years and is proven. But if we can get Henson for a 2005 pick and still have our #20, I couldn't pass that up. Unless Drew Henson is ungodly good, like Dan Marino good, I don't see any team giving up a 1st rounder for him. Obviously he doesn't LOVE this sport, or he wouldn't have chosen baseball first. I don't think you can be a Franchise QB in the NFL if football's not even your sport of choice. He played 1 year in college and hasn't suited up since. If you ask me he's got a lot to prove.

Ya if he wants this year's first, how 'bout he gives us Henson for our #20 pick, and we give him Ogun, which in return gets their #10 :)

Slim I know.......just shootin'

Aside from that, if they want a clean first round pick for Henson, I have to agree and say stick with Rivers.

Back
Top Bottom