Merged 2x: Flipping picks: Giants-Chargers-Dolphins trade ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Flipping picks: Giants-Chargers-Dolphins trade ?

I trust spielman. The beat writers seem to suggest he'll walk into the draft with 4 names of guys he'd take at #20 (in all likelihood, more than 4 if you consider guys like in the top 10 that should by no means make it to us)...in other words, he'll walk in with the names of the bottom 4 talents he would be comfortable picking at #20. If he feels like we should trade down, those bottom 4 talents could be the #12 through #15 players on their draft board. If he feels like there are a multitude of super talented guys that we could use, then those bottom 4 picks would naturally be the #17 through #20 rated guys on their team draft board.

If I had to guess how comfortable Spielman is with this class of first rounders I would say his final four will be between their #14 and #17 rated players on the board...because in general the top 20 talents are in places that we do not heavy a strong need at.

The dearth of WRs helps us out some...A couple of teams that are wavering on who to pick, might go WR because of the quality that is available. If one of RS' 4 picks are available at #20, he might still try to trade down due to the overall quality of the draft....but IMO, he would have to think that where he trades to, there would be a player we need with value there....I am a believer that more picks in the 2nd is better than a #20 in the 1st in this draft.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I trust spielman. The beat writers seem to suggest he'll walk into the draft with 4 names of guys he'd take at #20 (in all likelihood, more than 4 if you consider guys like in the top 10 that should by no means make it to us)...in other words, he'll walk in with the names of the bottom 4 talents he would be comfortable picking at #20. If he feels like we should trade down, those bottom 4 talents could be the #12 through #15 players on their draft board. If he feels like there are a multitude of super talented guys that we could use, then those bottom 4 picks would naturally be the #17 through #20 rated guys on their team draft board.

If I had to guess how comfortable Spielman is with this class of first rounders I would say his final four will be between their #14 and #17 rated players on the board...because in general the top 20 talents are in places that we do not heavy a strong need at.

Agreed, with that in mind and those bottom are not there, and this trade is possible, then I say jump all over it..Grove or Smiley may still be there at 34 then we have the very next pick sweet. that could be real sweet.

I love this scenario if it nets us Grove and another player like Clayton as I have noticed he seems to be slipping in some mocks. then gettin Demorrio Williams in the 3rd. Or how about this trade down with the 36th to the middle of the 2nd landing us a second 3rd. By moving into the middle of round 2 we could get Boulware who as an FSU fan I would absolutely love. If we get Boulware then in round three we could go with a WR like Derrick Hamilton Clemson or P.K. Sam FSU and still get Junior Saivii DT Oregon with the 87th. Now that looks extremely good IMO. Yes I know this is all speculation, but man would this be nice to address 4 very important areas with 4 very good players.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

I think that is accurate, though I'm not sure I have as much faith in Rick as you do. But, I think a good GM will have players he thinks are value at the spot and if they are not there you look to trade down. The real issue is in deciding what players are a good value at 20. That's where we have to hope Rick makes some sound evaluations and we don't wnd up with another Jamar Fletcher.

If I understand the article correctly, when it is over the Giants get the first pick and lose the 35th pick. The Chargers get 4 and 20 and we get 34 and 35. If you look at the draft value chart we are up over 250 points by this deal which is the value of a third. If San Diego is crazy enough to offer this deal TAKE IT AND RUN.

All of which suggests that the writer's thinking about the trade is on a par with his knowledge of the moves the Phins have made in the offseason, that is zilch.

I don't see Smiley lasting till 34, in fact he'll probably be gone in the 20's. Snee and Grove should be there tho and a pretty good WR should be there too.

Ozzy rules!!

Which makes you wonder, why on earth does SD make this trade with us? They have holes everywhere and could really use the extra picks.

I like having the 2 2nd round picks but I'm gonna hate waiting another 2 hours before we make a pick...lol

Ozzy rules!!

34 and 35 would be nice. probably rules out andrews and smiley, but snee and dt tubbs or wr devery henderson would make nice additions.

I don't think Smiley will stil be there but Chris Snee will. (But I Hope Smiley is there). This would allow us to draft
1. OL Snee, Smiley, or Grove
2. WR Evan, Woods, Jenkins, Clayton
or any other player that drops from the first round.

wow that guy was negative. So Miami could either stay at 20 OR SUCK

Evans, Grove,Sean Jones,Woods,Snee, Matt Ware, Jacob Rogers,Bob Sanders, Jenkins,Boulware....take any one of those dudes on my team with the 34 and 35 pick.

Back
Top Bottom