Merged 2x: Flipping picks: Giants-Chargers-Dolphins trade ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Flipping picks: Giants-Chargers-Dolphins trade ?

Trading future picks is part of the problem.

I say Miami should move down from #20, add a 3rd and maybe a late day two pick. You will still be able to get Dockett or Smiley in rd 1

Originally posted by Graythreat
I tend to agree, but there's something to be said for moving up this year.

Depending on the price, and how the O-gun situation is looking draft day, I'm all for trading into the top 10 for our first, O-gun, and a future pick (not another first htough). This would allow us to take BPA there if we wanted, or trade down and get a lot more picks.

So you want to trade up into the top ten just to trade down?

Originally posted by Fins2theend

So you want to trade up into the top ten just to trade down?

no, I said trade up and see who's there. If no one interests us, such as Roth or a certain safety being available at that point then trade down. It's no different than Trading down from our current spot, but we'll get more, and turn O-gun into a trade, rather than a 6 week player after a hold out that leaves and gives us nothing in return.

That would be mad expensive, but would you pay it?

O-gun, this first, next years and probably a future or current 3rd for Gallery? It'd take that, and probably some change.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Miami does not need to move up, they need to start doing a better job on draft day.

Thats sad but its the truth.

How about this we trade Ogun for a second and third.....yes I know I am going to hear it from some people about it not being enough but I am not sold on Ogun outside of our system. If SD trades down with NYG and we trade down for the two seconds. That gives us three 2nd round picks and two in the third. Maybe its me but in this years draft I would take it in a heartbeat. 5 out of the top 87 or so ....... We could just about fill every need and provide some much needed depth at positions. I like my little fantasy world....LOL

Originally posted by Graythreat
I tend to agree, but there's something to be said for moving up this year.

Depending on the price, and how the O-gun situation is looking draft day, I'm all for trading into the top 10 for our first, O-gun, and a future pick (not another first htough). This would allow us to take BPA there if we wanted, or trade down and get a lot more picks.

It's amazing to come onto this board and see the comprehension level of some posters.

We've got 2 guys on here agreeing with an article that we should move UP higher into the first round of the draft when the article DOES NOT mention the Fins trading higher into the first round at all! :lol:

The article is discussing whether Miami shoud give up it's first round slot to San Diego for San Diego's 2 second round picks. :goof:

Now that we've subtitled for everyone here.....

If the Fins could get San Diego to bite on that I think it's a very good idea. As the writer mentions we'd have 2 of the top 35 players in that situation compared to 2 of the top 87. Makes sense but the catch would be the motivation for San Diego doing that.

Back
Top Bottom