Merged 2x: Flipping picks: Giants-Chargers-Dolphins trade ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Flipping picks: Giants-Chargers-Dolphins trade ?

I don't think Evans will drop out of the 1st round.

Ozzy rules!!

I don't think swapping 34 and 35 for 20 makes any sense for San Diego. Let's assume they draft Roethlisberger at 4. If they move up to 20, they probably take a WR. Maybe Reggie Williams falls, but more likely they're taking Lee Evans or Rashaun Woods. Are those guys so much better than sitting tight and taking Michael Clayton that it's worth passing on a decent tackle like Rogers or Dorsey? SD has so many holes that they shouldn't be looking to trade up with any of their picks.

From our POV, by the way, I'd take that deal in a second. That might even be enough for me to bid a fond farewell to my hopes of getting Andrews at 20.

I'm a BIG RS fan. I think he is finally going to get his shot at proving his true worth. We have a diamond in the rough here, he'll make some shrewd moves. I'd be very surprised if we do not do A LOT of trading during the draft. I think Rick has felt overlooked and underappreciated. IMO, we have one of the best GMs now in place. It's time for him to call the shots.
I'm expecting Wale to be dangled as bait. Personally, we have acquired young talent via FA. I wouldn't be surprised if we pull off a megadeal to catapult into the top 5. Conversely, I'd also not be surprised to see us come away with 4 or more pics in first 3 rounds and resigning Wale.
However, my gut tells me that we favor young -> middle aged vets developing into the pinnacle of their careers. That said, it does not typically leave a lot of room to acquire rookies. Meaning, instead of seeking 5 or 6 quality rookies, I think we are looking for 2 or 3 future stars. We are not in a rebuilding mode. We are still looking for the 1 or 2 players to put us over the top.
BUT hey, what do I know!
I just have a feeling we're about to finally see the PHINZ war room start looking like the famed Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Bill Bellichick and Ozzie Newsome war rooms. I think our days of bad drafts are over.
NO MATTER how it plays out... I LOVE A GOOD DRAFT!

if miami and san diego make this trade .. i can see miami taking a WR and OL with those picks in round 2 .. guys like grove, snee, woods, devery henderson, dorsey, rodgers and perhaps smiley or evans could fall ... it makes sense for miami to trade down in this scenerio .. because this draft is sooooo deep from the mid 1st round - the mid 3rd round ... if this trade does happen i wouldn't rule out spielman trading down again in round 2 to pick up more picks as well ...

Possible trade Down with Chargers

I heard something interesting on CNNSI, that miami may be come a trading partner with the Chargers if the Giants do pull the deal to trade up with the Chargers, it would go as follows,
Giants trade their #4 & #34 to Chargers for their #1, then the Chargers would Trade that #34 and their #35 to Miami for #20, I do not know much about Draft Value, would this be a good move for miami, I think it would be, but as far as trade Value what is #20 worth?:confused: :confused:

I would not mind seeing the Fish trade the number 20 spot for the 34th and 35th second rounds pick San Diego MAY get. Don't forget this scenario is only possible if San Diego trades the first pick overall to the Giants.

Miami has a few very young stars on offence and would really need some young blood on D. The advantages to young players is they are alor easier to manage in this era of salary cap.

Offence:

Williams 26
Chambers 26
Boston 26
Feeley 25
McMicheal 24 but Im not sure.
Wade Smith ??

Defence
Ogunleye 26
Knight 26

Lets not forget there are huge talents in the second round thats were we found Chambers. There also can be lots of Dubs in the first round anyone remember: Avery, Smith, Fletcher I could go on for days :).

I say 2 picks in the top 50 better then 1 pick in the top 86.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be that #34 and 35 may have more value , but moving up into position in the first takes some dealing and you have to give alot to get alot. 20 may not be worth the same stright up but the options having 20 istead of 34,35 make up the difference. I say this would be fair for both. We would also be giving up a realistic shot at the player we have first on our list (Shawn Andrews) so we would also be giving up something in order to get something.It's fair all the way around.

The biggest question from the FO has to be is Andrews if we switch him to G that much better than Snee with another second pick attached. While I think putting Andrews at RG would be cruel and unusual punishment for defenses, Snee wil be a good player. Add in the possibilty of trading down with the second pick and adding another 3rd and a player like Boulware. I just couldnt pass on this, at 34 and 35 we will be able to grab players that slip through the cracks. Or trade down if a team wants a player that slipped through.

I tend to agree, but there's something to be said for moving up this year.

Depending on the price, and how the O-gun situation is looking draft day, I'm all for trading into the top 10 for our first, O-gun, and a future pick (not another first htough). This would allow us to take BPA there if we wanted, or trade down and get a lot more picks.

Back
Top Bottom