MERGED 2X:How about Harrington?\Harrington to be cut\joey cut | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X:How about Harrington?\Harrington to be cut\joey cut

I wouldn't minde giving Harrington a shot as the backup. His stats don't look much better than Frerotte's.

oh my God avoid Harrington at all costs, the guy is a trainwreck. With Culpeppers injury the backup whoever it is will be the starter until he's healthy. I'd rather have Griese or Ramsey

Kenny_Stang said:
I wouldn't minde giving Harrington a shot as the backup. His stats don't look much better than Frerotte's.

AND he is young. A young Frerotte as a backup would be good, and if he gets his confidence back and plays anywhere near how he did at Oregon, we have a possible replacement for Culpepper in the future.

Look for Aaron Brooks to land in Minnesota or Oakland as the starter.

I like Harrington because we would be able to trade for him Since it is unlikely Detroit will get many bidders since everyone else knows they will cut him, we could have a shot.

Why use a draft pick when we could sign him as a free agent? Because that's the only way we get him! No QB who thinks of himself as a potential starter will come near us now that Culpepper is on board. We will be living in Tommy Maddoxland, the land of perpetual back-ups, and since we need someone ready to go in camp and perhaps for the first few games, I don't want one of them.

Use one of our three sevenths and perhaps a conditional for next year and go get a starting quality guy who wouldn't give us a glance were he a free agent!

Ramsey would work under these conditions as well.

If ever a guy needed a fresh start with a new team it's Harrington. Detroit is totally in a mess and it's not all the kids fault. Matt Millen has done one of the worst GM jobs north of Rick Spielman. Harrington never had a line up there and many mistakes were made with him. I believe he has talent but he needs to be somewhere that has all the parts in place. I think as a backup he'd be an upgrade over what we had last year and for the right contract could be good insurance in case Dauntes' knee takes additional time to heal properly. He's worth a look imo.

If we don't have to pay him alot of money I would love to have him. It seems like someone reported the other day that he was the highest paid qb last year.

G-Force said:
If we don't have to pay him alot of money I would love to have him. It seems like someone reported the other day that he was the highest paid qb last year.

Whoa! I didnt know that.

I doubt Joey will get a starting job, and if I were him I would want to play behind a guy with a serious knee injury. Helps your chances.

No, I don't think it's over for Joey Harrington. I can see him land in Minnesota or Oakland. Minnesota would be the better fit though, since Brad Childress has experience working with QB's.

Vertical Limit said:
No, I don't think it's over for Joey Harrington. I can see him land in Minnesota or Oakland. Minnesota would be the better fit though, since Brad Childress has experience working with QB's.

I agree. I can see Minnesota trying him out. Harrington would probably also like the chance to beat the Vikings every once and a while.

I think he would be a good back up especially if Mike Mularkey could mold him into what he was expected to be. The system he was in was not right for him in detroit. Mooch was an idiot. Being a Lions fan second to the Dolphins you should have seen the O-Line that Joey was behind and how many passes his "STAR RECIEVERS" dropped that ****** up his stats .

Ya Think said:
oh my God avoid Harrington at all costs, the guy is a trainwreck. With Culpeppers injury the backup whoever it is will be the starter until he's healthy. I'd rather have Griese or Ramsey

Didnt the Jets get Ramsey I thought I read it earlier today in a post on here?

Back
Top Bottom