Merged 2X: Memories of Pat Surtain/Thank You Pat/Thanks Pat & Good Luck | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Memories of Pat Surtain/Thank You Pat/Thanks Pat & Good Luck

Surtain is a baller and a good corner but he cost too much $$$! Now that he's on the way out we can concentrate on more important things such as getting some more players. I him luck and success with the chiefs.

I'm happy for Pat. He's having a big change and it's a great opportunity. Hopefully he can make the best out of this. I wish him the best of luck with everything.

I love Pat, the guy was more dependable than Madison. I wish him the best.

He was one of my favorite Dolphins and I wish him the best of luck except for when they play us. Great business move by the Fins.

Pat Surtain :up: :hail: :clap:

You will forever be remembered in the hearts of all Dolphins fans. Best of luck with your new team, and the rest of your career.

Thanks Pat. You'll be missed and what you gave to the team is appreciated. I just hope we do something awesome with the cap room and the picks.

Thanks Pat!! He was also one of my favorite Phins... didn't mouth off and performed every single week. I can't believe everyone pronounced his name wrong for so long :o

Still, he was awesome on the field for us, I wish him all the success in Kansas City and I'll be following what he does there to!

Good luck to Surtain...he was always my second favorite player behind Chris Chambers. Now that guy will be Sam Madison unless we draft Braylon Edwards or another WR/RB.

thanks pat, I cant believe the chiefs cried about giving a 2nd round pick for you when houston gave up so much for phillip.

a dam good CB and Im glad you got paid!

Samphin said:
My favorite moment came against the Packers on MNF a few years ago. Favre was driving and threw the ball into the endzone. Surtain swatted it down while in mid air, then proceeded to balance the ball on his foot ( in mid air ) and bend down and pick it up off his foot for the TD saving int. It was the most incredible display of balance, concentration, luck and talent all in one. We lost the game but it was an amazing play.

no doubt, when he did that, i really began to appreciate him.

I remember the game in Minnesota where he let Randy Moss get behind him in the red zone to bait Daunte Culpepper to throw to him, and as soon as the ball was in the air, Surtain recovered and jumped the route. Dolphins lost the game by a field goal but Culpepper turned the ball over like mad.

Even though Pat is gone, there is no way to hate on him given what he did for the Dolphins while he was here. Hopefully he'll go up in the Ring of Honor when his playing days are done.

Muck said:
This is one of my all-time favorite games. There were so many great plays by the Phins that day. The crowd was rabid. I've got a ton of clips from that game. This morning really took me back.

That pick sealed the game that day. It was the Raiders last gasp. It was a huge play.

Next play, Ricky barrelled over two Raider defenders for about 10 yards.

my hope was that the deal would not be made and he would stay a phin, like fin-atic wrote, i´m sad we couldn´t pay you but i wish you all the best :(

we better get a decent player at #46 or i´m pissed..... :yell:

Back
Top Bottom