Merged 2X: Memories of Pat Surtain/Thank You Pat/Thanks Pat & Good Luck | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Memories of Pat Surtain/Thank You Pat/Thanks Pat & Good Luck

Al13 said:
my hope was that the deal would not be made and he would stay a phin, like fin-atic wrote, i´m sad we couldn´t pay you but i wish you all the best :(

we better get a decent player at #46 or i´m pissed..... :yell:

I hope so too. But it's going to be tough to get a player who ends up being that good.

Jimmy really believed that Pat would be this good. He traded our 2000 1st round pick in order to move up to the 2nd and draft Pat in '98. After his first year, Jimmy said Pat could end up being the best CB he ever had. At the time, it seemed a little far fetched. Sam was lighting things on fire. And Pat struggled when he replaced T-Buck mid-1999.

I hope we can repeat Jimmy's trend of drafting at least one superstar per year (except in '99). Zach Thomas, Sam Madison, Jason Taylor, Patrick Surtain. Just hope we do better with the rest of our picks.

All that I have to say is that the phins had better get a great pick at 46, because Surtain was amazing and my favorite player, and any stupid move at #46 will be a major let down. Good luck to Surtain for the remainder of his carear. Also I will always sport my 23 Jersey with pride, and it will still be sweet because my best friend is a Broncos fan.

Back
Top Bottom