Merged 2x: Nice Little Article on Saban by Hyde | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Nice Little Article on Saban by Hyde

nick saban's office

this was in yesterday's Stupid News, I looked to see if it had been posted, with no joy. Nublar is not online to give it to, so here is my very first thread. It is a Dave Hyde article
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-hyde10may10,0,1014453.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front
excerpt from article;
You want a visual of the Dolphins coach in his fifth month on the job? Want a glimpse of who he is and what he's like?

Look around this office that once was the throne room of Shula, the extension of Jimmy and the sanctuary of Wannstedt.

Notice what's here -- and what's not. Notice what's important -- and what never will be. Notice most of all that the new guy doesn't seem to notice at all.

A decorator was sent to redo his office upon his January arrival.

"Look," Saban told the decorator, "we've got a lot of problems here right now that need solving. This office is not one of the high priorities on the list. So we'll decorate later, like when I go on vacation or something."

He listed two office necessities:

1. A desk to work on.

2. A video machine to study players on.

Four months later, that's still all you see except for a few dozen three-ring notebooks. Each opponent on the schedule has a notebook. Others carry titles like Indy Combine 2005 and Salary Cap.

The common denominator? If it's not about winning, it's not in his office.

I read that story sometime last week. I thought it had already been posted. Oh well...it was a good read.

Saban brings a whole new attitude, and it's infecting our team. Just reading over all the quotes from guys like Seau, Madison, ect has got me revving for the season.

There was a thread about the article a couple of days ago but not everyone got to see it.Its all good.

Great read. The part where they mention Wannstedt, just kills me.
Where Dave Wannstedt occupied space with pictures of family and players -- even one with Wannstedt and Ricky Williams turned upside down by the end -- Saban's walls are adorned mostly with picture-hanging nails. And no pictures.
That is so sad...
"Look," Saban told the decorator, "we've got a lot of problems here right now that need solving. This office is not one of the high priorities on the list. So we'll decorate later, like when I go on vacation or something."

He listed two office necessities:

1. A desk to work on.

2. A video machine to study players on.
Best thing you could possibly here from a coach. I love it.

Immediately after the 2004 draft, while coaching Louisiana State, Saban called up his friend and former boss, New England coach Bill Belichick.

He named two undrafted LSU players: defensive back Randall Gay and linebacker Eric Alexander.

"You'd be crazy not to sign these two," Saban told Belichick.

Interesting that Belicheck listened to Saban and signed those guys.

What does that tell you?

RonnieExpress said:
Interesting that Belicheck listened to Saban and signed those guys.

What does that tell you?

It tells you that they have been great friends for years and have often shared football information. Not a put-down, but I hope that is not news to you.

You guys are in store for some good football. Very similar to what we have up here. Except now when you're insulting us for the way we do things you'll be looking in the mirror.

Dirtywater said:
It tells you that they have been great friends for years and have often shared football information. Not a put-down, but I hope that is not news to you.

You guys are in store for some good football. Very similar to what we have up here. Except now when you're insulting us for the way we do things you'll be looking in the mirror.

Not news to me.

Back
Top Bottom