Merged 2x:Texans present trade proposal for Henson/Phins enter Henson bidding today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:Texans present trade proposal for Henson/Phins enter Henson bidding today

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
SOURCE: Texans present trade proposal for Henson

The Dolphins are expected to meet with Texans management this week for further discussions at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

The Article also talks about Miami addressing there Wide Receiver needs in this years deep WR draft and that Ogunleye would be gone if someone pays high enough and we'd get 1st and 3rd round picks.

Link

Now right when we thought that we were out of the Drew Henson picture we are right back in it.

Imagine we trade a pick from next year for Drew, sign a good WR or OL with our first, cut Fieldler if he doesnt take a paycut, I say Mcknight & ruddy are gone, BG I would like to see him stay if he restructures ( I think he can be a good player under a good online.) That would leave us some money to possibably sign a TO and some O-lineman.

:sleep:

I hope we really get Drew cause Philip looks good as gone.

all signs point to us getting a high pick THIS YEAR. unless everything falls apart around us, you arent going to be able to get henson for a pick next year.

Originally posted by Grid
all signs point to us getting a high pick THIS YEAR. unless everything falls apart around us, you arent going to be able to get henson for a pick next year.

Yes we could. Henson can go wherever he wants, if he wants to come here or GB and all we offer is a 1st rounder next year then you guys or gonna have to take it.

Henson has to agree to the terms or he goes back into the draft and you guys get squat. He holds all the cards and all signs point to a high pick next season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by RunRicky34
Now right when we thought that we were out of the Drew Henson picture we are right back in it.

Imagine we trade a pick from next year for Drew, sign a good WR or OL with our first, cut Fieldler if he doesnt take a paycut, I say Mcknight & ruddy are gone, BG I would like to see him stay if he restructures ( I think he can be a good player under a good online.) That would leave us some money to possibably sign a TO and some O-lineman.

:sleep:

I hope we really get Drew cause Philip looks good as gone.

That would be perfect:D

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

all signs pointed to brunell coming here. All signs pointed to Barfalo NOT grabing a oone legged RB in the first rd last year. You know what you can do with your signs right????:eek: :eek: :lol:

All the signs I've seen point to you guys getting a pick next year. Wishful thinking on your part about the pick this year.

Wow, between Henson trade talks and the NBA trade deadline, I might not get any work done today! :lol:

so that article basically says, we won´t go after any big names at WR , so we can forget about jackson :(

Grid, your just hoping for a high pick this year. Henson will be had for a pick next year after it is all said and done. Miami might give them a second next year. Thats what they are saying out of Dolphin camp.

1st rounder next year? i would definitely NOT give up a first round pick for Henson. the guy played 18 college football games and hasn't played football in 3 years. What are you people thinking???

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

Yes we could. Henson can go wherever he wants, if he wants to come here or GB and all we offer is a 1st rounder next year then you guys or gonna have to take it.

Henson has to agree to the terms or he goes back into the draft and you guys get squat. He holds all the cards and all signs point to a high pick next season.

Agreed. Henson is "found money", if you will, for the Texans. Pretty much anything they get for him will be a bonus, so while they're going to try and drive up the bidding, they won't be stupid about it. Charley Casserly is WAY too smart to give ultimatums like "if you don't give us a #1, we're walking away".

Exactly what they WILL receive for him is up in the air. Some scouts rate him as low as a 3rd-4th round pick (that's what I've heard anyway; I've not read any scouting report to that effect), but it's pretty clear they'll get more than that. After all, the teams that are interested obviously believe he's more valuable than that, else they wouldn't be interested, right? I would guess Houston will receive a second round pick this year or next for him. A 2005 first rounder is possible, and a 2004 first rounder is highly unlikely, IMHO.

That said, I do a mock draft/mock GM exercise with a few friends of mine, and I had the Texans, and my friend who had the Dolphins (you're not permitted to run your favorite team) offered me a #1 pick this year for Henson, which I speedily accepted. :)

i dont understand why people get so worked up when the media is just spreading whatever it is they think at the time. We dont have a deal, we do have a deal. No truth to ramsey offer. yes offer to ramsey. No deal for henson. yes deal for henson. buffalo has a deal for henson, no guess not.......... you people starting to see a pattern here? the media is running you around in circles.

BTW, if we were to give Houston a first round pick, we would be really stupid. We have rivers for the taking at 20. i say go with that unless we can get one of those QB's for less than a first rounder.

There is no reason to believe that Henson is any better than Tim couch or anyone else especially when he has been out of football for four years and is now older. Guys who are proven football players dont even get that kind of trade status.

Back
Top Bottom