Merged 2x:Texans present trade proposal for Henson/Phins enter Henson bidding today | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:Texans present trade proposal for Henson/Phins enter Henson bidding today

He's better than a hot college prospect and I'll tell you why. He has already handled being with a proffessional sports organization and having gobs of money without any character issues arising. He is more mature and probably wants nothing more than to succeed. No distractions

The Dolphins are THE team that Henson clearly wants to go to. Why else would Casserly approach the Dolphins about a trade? I think we need to seriously consider getting this deal done as quickly as possible for three reasons:

1) Brunell is gone - forget about him. And, Gibbs will likely hold Ramsey hostage.
2) I check in on Mort's chat rap last night on ESPN and he is reporting that Philip Rivers is a wild card that will likely be gone by the 15th pick. Pittsburgh is very high on him (11th pick).
3) For the sanity of the entire organization and the fans. We all know that a franchise QB is needed. There is too much anxiety in our lives until that QB is "in house." The Dolphins will ikely keep this priority #1 until it is done (whether it be Henson or someone else). So, the O-line and WRs probably will be back burner issues until we get our man.

Lets just hope Miami doesn't give up their #1 pick this year for Henson. Actually I don't want to give up any #1 for him. Miami needs to address a lot needs in this draft and having no #2 pick could hurt them from getting someone that could help them this year.

I would offer a first this year if we are sure that we will get another one for Ogun.

The way I read this, the Texans contracted us about a possible trade. Could this mean that Henson wants to be a Dolphin?

Originally posted by dreadlockera
Next years #1 would be ok with me. Its equivalent to a 2nd this year.

How does a #1 become equal to a #2. If you're figuring on the Fins having the last pick in next years Draft, OK. However if the Fins wind up with a 9-7, 10-6, 11-5 record, and are picking in the middle of the pack again, I want that pick.

he's saying in GMS eyes, they value a current years pick greater than a future pick for several reasons, such as you know whats available this year (seniors, underclassman, and you know the talent level at each position) and you know what pick you are getting, the dolphins 2nd this year is something like the 51st overall, the first next year may only be the 32nd if they win it all, and the draft class may not be as good...
I'm sure it's more in-depth than that, but hes right, a 2nd rounder this year would be close to a 1st round next year in most GMs eyes i believe

Thanks for the info. 17-0, I see your point. There's a lot more involved and decision making that goes on, than somebody realizes.

This is the way I see it, If henson wasn't interestd in us why would Houston offer Henson to us. The only other reason I would think is, they know we have no QB and our desperate for a QB.

I truly think Henson is interested in us, I mean he had that big dinner with Rick & Trestman and god knows what they talked about. Right now Henson might be asking the Texans to trade him to Miami, because that is what Miami asked him to do...

Originally posted by RunRicky34
This is the way I see it, If henson wasn't interestd in us why would Houston offer Henson to us. The only other reason I would think is, they know we have no QB and our desperate for a QB.

I truly think Henson is interested in us, I mean he had that big dinner with Rick & Trestman and god knows what they talked about. Right now Henson might be asking the Texans to trade him to Miami, because that is what Miami asked him to do...

Agreed. I've got a feeling that it's just a matter of time before the deal is set up and ready to go.

I'm not sure alot of people are understanding that Henson can go wherever he wants to go, this man can do whatever he wants to do. If he tells Houston that he wants Miami or the draft (Not that that's likely) then Houston will bang out a trade with Miami, even if all they get is a 5th rounder in 2005.

Houston approached Miami for a reason, and it's not because they think he'll look handsome in aqua.

Im gonna tune into WQAM too see what Maddog has to say, but I think this is Henson saying he wants Miami and I think Miami wants him, I mean why have a dinner with are GM and QB coach.

Originally posted by ajdoggie

How does a #1 become equal to a #2. If you're figuring on the Fins having the last pick in next years Draft, OK. However if the Fins wind up with a 9-7, 10-6, 11-5 record, and are picking in the middle of the pack again, I want that pick.

There is an NFL equivalency chart for draft picks. That is why we traded this years 2nd for NE's 3rd last year. Its just the way it is. I think it has something to do with time value (like $$) and knowing who is in the draft this year. Plus one never knows where in the round the pick will fall so its worth less.;)

Back
Top Bottom