Merged 2x:Texans present trade proposal for Henson/Phins enter Henson bidding today | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:Texans present trade proposal for Henson/Phins enter Henson bidding today

If we offered this year's first, it seems it would be for Ramsey. We MIGHT offer next year's first for Henson, but that's a big "if" IMO.

This smells.......

What is going on here is Casserly trying to sell Henson like Casserly is some kind of used car salesman. First he leaks that he already has acceptable trade parameters with a team. Okay. Why is it not accepted? It's acceptable isn't it?

Casserly is attempting to create urgency in his potential buyer. When the buyer drives off the lot the sale is done.

Casserly doesn't want the competition of Brunell, Ramsey, and all the possible cap cuts. He wants a team to make their mistake before the mistake can be realized. Henson is a guy who hasn't played football in over 3 years. He started eight games. Wake up people!

This whole deal has a stinch........

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont doubt that a team has reached an agreement with Houston but thats only part of the deal. Next they have to reach an agreement with Henson, and it has to be a team he wants to go to for that to happen. If Henson doesn't want the team, then that team will not give a single pick for him cuz then Henson will just enter the draft.

I take this approaching Miami thing as a sign that Henson is putting pressure on the Texans to deal with Miami. Miami, Buffalo, and Green Bay are places that Henson is interested in.

Its like Ricky Ray and his agent Staninger. They were fielding a few offers and some interest in Ray's services from teams but they went on record saying before they do anything, they want to go down to Miami and work out there and see what Miami has to say. Staninger's made several comments to that effect since and I think Ricky Ray really has a hard-on for Miami. I think we should sign him and let him compete with Sage for the start.

First a team met the Min. that it will take to get Henson which I think is a third round pick, Hou won't even think of asking for a first before ateam can talk to Henson. This is just to see who is really intrested in Henson. I don't think it will take a first this year there are only three teams that would even think about it Mia K.C. and GB. K.C. is not as intrested as you think and Henson has never even talked about them yet so that could be aproplem there.Buff and Pitt will not trade there first for Henson Pitt and Buff are romored to like Rivers better, and Pitt is still talking about moveing up to try and get Eli. Im the end I see us giving up a third this year and a second next year that could become a first. But this is only if Mia decides that they really want Henson.

It's a Pinto!! It's a Ford Pinto!!

Originally posted by dreadlockera

The only thing I have heard about Henson that makes me think he may need to sit a while is he needs work scanning the field and looking off defenders. I LOVE his upside but think he may need at least a few games if not a year. On the Jay issue, lets keep BG rather than Jay. Improve the line and let BG take snaps til Henson is ready. If the line still blows, stick the kid in there, at least he can run (better than 4.7 40 :eek: ) If missed link in other threads check out Henson-Rivers comparison.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/

If I were placing odds on which current Miami QB will be on the roster next year, BG would be the longest shot. And I'm including Stoener (sp?) in that. He threw 1 nice seam pass. Other than that he is a downgrade from JF in every other QB ability.

Back
Top Bottom