Merged 2X: Vikings called fins about moss! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Vikings called fins about moss!

well you'll have to wait for clumpy to rear his ugly head ;) before we can be sure about this, but i think we'll take a cap hit from madison in the 6-8 mil range right?

then of course we'll have to sign a new cb and still our o-line, which we could address more so in the draft.

hmm...Moss would mean theres a better chance for us drafting Rivers(for all you "River Lovers" :lol: ) since we wont be drafting a wide out in the first anymore.

I just think the cap hits wont even out and we still wont be able to afford him...

we'll just restructure the contract so his base salary is like $10.00 and the rest of it doesnt count against the cap until we reach cap hell in future years.

also, we can still restructure surtain and ricky to free up more room

Moss would probably cost us pick #20, Ogunleye, and Madison...and thats a conservative estimate. And for that we get a contract that has the following salaries...

2004 5750000.00
2005 7250000.00
2006 8250000.00
2007 9750000.00
2008 11250000.00

Obviously we could rework it, give some new bonus and lower that first year base salary quite a bit. Would it be worth it? Maybe. If we really thought we had something special in Feeley or Rosenfels.

my god am i SO SICK AND TIRED of hearing about Moss and TO having attitude problems. Who the hell cares? We need a WR, and these guys can bring it! How could u not want Moss?

A trade like that would even up the Offense and Defense on this team quite a bit. You would see a Defense that's not quite as dominating IMO but a more respectable offense. I don't think it's the direction that this team wants to go or is what it needs to take it to the next step.

Aside from that this article keeps saying we don't have any Wide Receivers. Billichick can take nobody's at receiver and spread the ball around to them to make the Pats look good but the Phins can't do that. It makes me think that Brady really is the difference between the Phins and the Pats no the Receiver talent.

As for how the salaries match up. Clump can verify me on this but trading Ogunleye (Shhh!! That was a pre-emptive Shhh to all those people who incessantly without fail try to impose their misled belief that Ogun can't be traded upon the rest of us) would save us the $1.9 million tender offer we've made him. Then trading Madison would actually give us a cap savings but only about $1 million I think.

So if we have about $8 million under the cap now, as reported, trading Ogun and Madison (and probably pick #20) for Moss would increase our cap burden to where we have about $5 or $6 million left under the cap to play around the rest of free agency. The good part there is, we could rework Moss' contract guaranteeing him a bunch of his base salary for 2004 into bonus. Say we took $5 million of it and made it bonus...then we save $4 million on the cap this year (giving us about $9 or $10 million of cap space) and only have an amortized bonus on Randy of $1 million a season. However I think a full contract restructure/extension would be in order because those 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 salaries all look very scary.

But then remember we'd also have gaping holes at CB and LDE to go along with our OL problems (and QB problems).

Originally posted by ckparrothead
But then remember we'd also have gaping holes at CB and LDE to go along with our OL problems (and QB problems).

Don't get practical on us when we are dreaming.

I like what Miami has in Bowens and Grigsby and Jay Williams so DE wouldn't be much of a concern. The O-line would definetely be the focus and QB sit. would be seen as "OK" if Miami kept Jay as the backup and Sage as the 3rd.

There's no way this happens though. I just do not see it happening. No reason behind it, just don't see it

Aside from that this article keeps saying we don't have any Wide Receivers. Billichick can take nobody's at receiver and spread the ball around to them to make the Pats look good but the Phins can't do that. It makes me think that Brady really is the difference between the Phins and the Pats no the Receiver talent.

Dude its taken you that long to come to grips with the fact that Brady could be the one of the top 3 QBs out there easily? Right now I'd go Steve McNair, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Chad Pennington, Mike Vick no joke. I like Vick's excitement but until he proves he can stay on the field and lead his team deep in the playoffs he's still #5 in my book.

Oh well. I don't think Brady's like god or anything but the guy is definitely top 3 IMO. And back to your other point just remember its not like the Pats are running a martz type offense.

Tom Brady has the tools to succeed. The Patriots offensive line is excellent and Charlie Weiss has the philosophy of getting those ulta-quick WR's that get seperation quickly and leave them behind with straight ahead speed as well.

I like Brady's poise in the pocket but I like Charlie Weiss's philosophy much better.

This article is bull$hit. I might have believed it partially maybe 5% until I read this paragraph.

"A source close to Moss said Tuesday that Moss would not mind being traded but would prefer to play for the Jets, where he could be reunited with quarterback Chad Pennington, a friend and former teammate when both played at Marshall University."

-Moss is NOT friends with Chad Pennington, as a matter of fact both players were asked if they had a relationship at all since Randy left Marshall, and both players said NO numerous times before Moss re-signed with Minnesota they haven't even spoken to one another since then. This Armando Salguero writer is full of crap. People will write anything to earn a paycheck I swear to god. This is all lie and when you see Randy Moss in a MINNESOTA UNIFROM in 2004 this will all be forgotten.

You can throw this article/thread in the trash with all the rest....MOSS ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS!!!!!

Oh well. I don't think Brady's like god or anything but the guy is definitely top 3 IMO. And back to your other point just remember its not like the Pats are running a martz type offense.

Whatever the offense they're running it's definately suited to Brady's talent while our coaching staff hasn't discovered what suits Fiedler's talent yet. Now former RB Coach Joel Collier will try to match wits with Billichick. I believe our need for a talanted QB over emphasized our need for a better coach unless we get or have gotten lucky with Feeley.

As tantalizing as Moss would be in a Dolphin uniform, I really don't think we could afford to trade for him, create the additional holes, and allocate the cap money required to carry him, there are just too many other needs. You must block for the QB, and have the QB to get the ball down field, two things that are not accomplished so far. We are not one player away. We need about 20 players in here. Subtract two plus a draft choice and you are creating one tall order. I am also doubtful that this team has anyone, other than possibly Jr. Seau, Zach, and Jason Taylor, that could keep him, his enormous ego, and loose cannon temper in check. May hurt more than he would help. If someone has a stategy in mind where we can fill all of our holes AND have Moss, I would love to hear it.

Dude its taken you that long to come to grips with the fact that Brady could be the one of the top 3 QBs out there easily? Right now I'd go Steve McNair, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Chad Pennington, Mike Vick no joke. I like Vick's excitement but until he proves he can stay on the field and lead his team deep in the playoffs he's still #5 in my book.

I got to get off this Brady is great kick. The Patriots had an excellent team. But, if you look at the numbers, Brady's look a lot like Kitna, the guy the Bengals just benched.

Numbers aren't everything, but look at our last game against New England. It's not like Brady killed us or anything. Fiedler and the offense did.

Nice to be the QB on a good team.

Back
Top Bottom