Merged 2X: Wanny has cost this team plenty / Wanny and Norv Canned / Bad Coaching | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Wanny has cost this team plenty / Wanny and Norv Canned / Bad Coaching

Sherif

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wanny has cost this team plenty.

When he saw Wade Smith was strugling why didn't he get him some help. Konrad or a TE to help double team. Does wanny get paid to coach? Then why isn't he. I'd say hes cost us 5 seasons. It's time to get some help for him because he's strugling.

Good question...

as to why Wade Smith didn't get any help...

Can't blame it all on a rookie...you put a 3rd round rookie at LT with no help and you deserve what you get.

Too bad us fans have to suffer through this.

I thought it was a good thing that Norv ran the offense?? So whenever there's beef with the O, it's all on Wanny?? Norv only gets admonished for play selection??

Wade Smith seemed to do ok in pass protection before this week. Never did he whif so many times. I gotta believe it's the Achilles injury. At least that's my hope. Still, if Wade gets out of his stance and just harasses Freeney a little, Griese likely gets a pass off. Worst LT performance I've seen in a long time outta Miami.

Wanny and Norv need to be canned!!!

Im not being drastic but they got out coached. Its funny we are the only team that doesnt make adjustments at halftime, what the hell do they do just sit inside and drink gatorade and talk to there accountants.

One adjustment, help Wade Smith and they didnt they let him get owned all day long, it was pathetic.

No! You CAN'T criticize Wanny! Doing that makes you "scary"...inFINsible told me so! :rolleyes:

Re: Wanny and Norv need to be canned!!!

Originally posted by deathdisco
Im not being drastic but they got out coached. Its funny we are the only team that doesnt make adjustments at halftime, what the hell do they do just sit inside and drink gatorade and talk to there accountants.

One adjustment, help Wade Smith and they didnt they let him get owned all day long, it was pathetic.

If they don't start winning they will be. But to fire them now would be foolish.

Oliver...

Originally posted by RikWriter
No! You CAN'T criticize Wanny! Doing that makes you "scary"...inFINsible told me so! :rolleyes:

:lol:

More Bad Coaching

Once again, the coaching has cost us a game. I think it was obvious that Wade Smith was unable to handle Dwight Freeney from the get go. So on the most important drive of the game, Coach Wannstedt decides to finally double team him with Ricky Williams. Why not use a player who is a blocker, such as Rob Konrad or even Donald Lee. I don't think Griese deserves any blame for this loss. He did what he could under this stale and played out offensive scheme.
Freeney was destroying Smith all game long. As a head coach, it is Wannstedt's responsibility to make sure that Freeney isn't the one who beats you. Double or triple team him with players who are capable of blocking. When is the last time any of us beamed about Ricky Williams blocking abliity. What is the problem here. In baseball if a certain player is killing you, you walk him. In basketball you double or triple team him. In hockey you have some one flatten him. So what do we do, we send out our best offensive weapon to help chip on Freeney. I am once again disgusted with this coaching staff and this scheme. I believe we need a complete overhaul. This defense isn't getting any younger and they play well enough every week to win. If we had a real coach we would no doubt be 8 and 0 right now.
Our personnel staff is horrible. Example, Derrius Thompson, Charlie Rogers, Eddie Moore, Taylor Whitley, Billy Yates. Yes they got us Junior Seau and Sammy Knight, but what they didn't do was exactly what they promised us. AN OFFENSIVE LINE. They didn't believe the available players were worth the money they were being offered. Well after today's loss I am sure most Dolfans would gladly trade in Seau and Thompson for a right tackle who is capable of controlling or at least containing his man on the most important drive of the game.
I don't mean to be hard on Wade Smith or Seau. I realize that Smith was thrown into the fire and that he has done a respectable job so far. I am also a huge Seau fan. However, I am not a Norv Turner fan...I am not a Jamar Fletcher fan either. We need a new head coach, a new offensive coordinator, and a new personnel department. Bring in Denny Green, Bob Stoops, anyone!!!! and please get Michael Irvin off the air, we all miss Sterling Sharpe about now huh?

Oh my.

Oliver...

LOL, This forum is getting to look like the Bills board. They want their coaches and some of their players fired.

Come on, our team can't be as bad as theirs...

Gooo FFINNNZ !:calm: :wave: :couch:

If I remember correctly we had a chance to win and we blew it.

What has Wanny done except get worse each year? I'm all for having faith in a guy, but where is the improvement?

Originally posted by Sydor25
What has Wanny done except get worse each year? I'm all for having faith in a guy, but where is the improvement?

You hit the nail right on the head. I was a big supporter of Wanny when he took us to 11-5, a division win and a playoff win in 2000. I thought he could improve the team. But he's taken us further downhill every year and I wouldn't be surprised if we go 8-8 this year for the first time since 96.

Originally posted by Sydor25

I think I already said that... ummm let me look.. oh yes.. here it is..

Originally posted by Jeep on 8/21/03
Lets see.. During Dave's career at Chicago.. his best year was 9-7 and progressively got worse... His first year here with the Phins, the team went 11-5 and into the 2nd round of the playoffs... since then the team has gotten progressively worse.. Doesn't look like he has learned all that much..

The thing that makes you scary is the enjoyment you take in totally trashing somebody you don't even know. Whether it's Fiedler, Wanny, or me, it doesn't matter, you love to trash us all.

Does it make you feel good? Does it make you feel like a REAL man?

I would love to see you say half the things you say on here to ANY of us in person. My bet is you wouldn't have the sack to do it.

You're sick, and you should seek proffessional help immediately.

Back
Top Bottom