Merged 3X:Capers named special Assistant/nfl.com/Capers Done Deal | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3X:Capers named special Assistant/nfl.com/Capers Done Deal

shouright said:
Won't be official until it's on the team website. Is it there yet?

here it is...its official...

“We’re pleased to have someone as well-respected as Dom join the Dolphins,†said Head Coach Nick Saban. “He brings a wealth of knowledge to Miami and will be a valuable addition to our staff. Along with his extensive experience as a head coach in the league, Dom was an outstanding coordinator in Jacksonville and Pittsburgh, and I’m sure his contributions will help us continue to improve as a team.â€Â

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=4335

True that... :dolphins:

actually I like this Capers role. Would be interesting if he was a guy just to mentor the young coaches..let them learn..Capers would leave some day and we wouldn't need to bring in any coach, someone from the staff would be ready to step up..maybe Muschamp, even maybe Richard Smith could increase his role with the defense coordination

What exactly is a Special Assistant?

Well theres Assistant Head Coach (which is above a standard assistant) and Special Assistant to the Head Coach, which I assume is even above that. All in all, dont let the title fool you. Its just so Muschamp and Smith dont flip out. He will oversee the D.

It's great to have Capers in the staff and all, but I don't really like the fact that he is just a special assistant to this team. I don't understand what is role is and I much would rater to have Capers controling the defense, then having a Smith/Muschamp at doing it. Hopefully this is just a few days or a few weeks thing and he will get promoted to be our DC in a couple of months.

Ace88 said:
It's great to have Capers in the staff and all, but I don't really like the fact that he is just a special assistant to this team. I don't understand what is role is and I much would rater to have Capers controling the defense, then having a Smith/Muschamp at doing it. Hopefully this is just a few days or a few weeks thing and he will get promoted to be our DC in a couple of months.

I said in another thread, so I'll post here again

actually I like this Capers role. Would be interesting if he was a guy just to mentor the young coaches..let them learn..Capers would leave some day and we wouldn't need to bring in any coach, someone from the staff would be ready to step up..maybe Muschamp, even maybe Richard Smith could increase his role with the defense coordenation

BrazForPhins said:
I said in another thread, so I'll post here again

actually I like this Capers role. Would be interesting if he was a guy just to mentor the young coaches..let them learn..Capers would leave some day and we wouldn't need to bring in any coach, someone from the staff would be ready to step up..maybe Muschamp, even maybe Richard Smith could increase his role with the defense coordenation

I think it says a lot about what Saban thinks of Muschamp that he brought him along from the collage ranks and than let him call the plays. I think Saban is grooming him to be our DC but dosnt feel he is quite ready to do it all on his own yet.

dolphan117 said:
I think it says a lot about what Saban thinks of Muschamp that he brought him along from the collage ranks and than let him call the plays. I think Saban is grooming him to be our DC but dosnt feel he is quite ready to do it all on his own yet.

I don't know why Saban just doesn't teach Muschamp himself. I have a feeling Capers will have more than a "teaching" role.

Ace88 said:

No. BIG difference. Special Assistant to the HEAD COACH. There is a difference. Special assistant to the team is more of a consultant role. Special assistant to the HC is on the same level as the Assistant Head Coach, possibly even a notch above it. Make no mistake, he will be overseeing the defense and this is just Sabans way of keeping Muschamp and Smith happy.

Back
Top Bottom