Merged 3X:Capers named special Assistant/nfl.com/Capers Done Deal | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3X:Capers named special Assistant/nfl.com/Capers Done Deal

Ace88 said:
It's great to have Capers in the staff and all, but I don't really like the fact that he is just a special assistant to this team. I don't understand what is role is and I much would rater to have Capers controling the defense, then having a Smith/Muschamp at doing it. Hopefully this is just a few days or a few weeks thing and he will get promoted to be our DC in a couple of months.

While I share your inquistiveness as to what exactly Capers role will be, it really doesn't matter what you and I think or wonder, as long as Saban, Capers, and staff know...

dolphan117 said:
I think it says a lot about what Saban thinks of Muschamp that he brought him along from the collage ranks and than let him call the plays. I think Saban is grooming him to be our DC but dosnt feel he is quite ready to do it all on his own yet.

exactly

He will make sure the players and Nick get the best quailty H2o humanly possible!

Just kidding....Welcome aboard Dom!!!!

Special Assistant is just a fancy title for Defensive Coach....kind of like when they tried to get Dan Marino a job with the Phins, which he turned down a couple days after saying yes. Looks like Saban has brought in some great experience but Nick is gonna run the show.....I think Nick is molding the team to win the AFC East in 2007 and maybe a run at the SB in the nexy year or two.:)

nfl.com

says that capers accepted job earlier today... that mean were still waiting for strings to be cut in Houston or is it a done deal :confused: :confused: :confused:

espn said he is a special consultant not a coordinator

PhinSoldia said:
espn said he is a special consultant not a coordinator

Special Assistant to the Head Coach is NOT the same as a consultant. A consultant is part time. Dom is a full-time member of the staff and the title is simply a way of hiring him but also keeping Smith and Muschamp.

So it means Saban and Capers will be gameplanning and packaging the Defense and Smith/Muschamp will be calling the plays with Saban/Capers looking over things making sure there calling it right! IMO

wazzy said:
So it means Saban and Capers will be gameplanning and packaging the Defense and Smith/Muschamp will be calling the plays with Saban/Capers looking over things making sure there calling it right! IMO

That sound about right :cool:. IMO I thought that Dom Capers was a top 5 coach in this league at one time before the Panthers fell apart. Then goes to the Texans never had the talent to do much. Dom and Saban working together has to be a plus for the fins. He would'nt even think of taking this job if he thought he was just going to stand behind Saban.

Back
Top Bottom